Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM

i had to work through christmas up there in 2000, one of the best christmas suppers i ever had, and caught some nice fish christmas day
Old 10-24-2018, 03:46 PM

Post Winefred Lake Lodge 1997-2008

I am Paul & Jer’s Grandson since we lift lodge in 2008
My grandparents went to work at a resort in Hinton and a fishing lodge on Lake
Athabasca It was called Indian head camp
We are Currently working at a lodge in Ontario by kenora it is called
Hawk Lake Lodge

I hear that Karen & Garry sold Winefred Lake Lodge to Lloyd McMahon

How is Winefred holding up since Karen & Garry Sold Her
Old 11-01-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Where is Paul and Gerry now, they were OK to deal with. I wonder how Dot is doing she was a good cook, trying to remember the other lady that was there when Dot was there, at the time she was older. That's going back 20 years plus she worked with George yet.

her name was Ricky she married George awesome cook. My buddy and I use to fly in their supplies out of Cold Lake. Great place to hunt as well Got a moose there with a 56 inch spread they used the picture of me standing beside it as it was hanging in their brochure many years ago. Winnifred brings back many memories for me. If the walleye is still on the wall it was just over 9lbs I had donated it to George & Ricky for all the fun times we had there.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM

What ever happened to old safety D ? He told it how it was and was right 9 outa 10 times.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overparr View Post
her name was Ricky she married George awesome cook. My buddy and I use to fly in their supplies out of Cold Lake. Great place to hunt as well Got a moose there with a 56 inch spread they used the picture of me standing beside it as it was hanging in their brochure many years ago. Winnifred brings back many memories for me. If the walleye is still on the wall it was just over 9lbs I had donated it to George & Ricky for all the fun times we had there.
Ricky used to cook once in awhile at the Home Oil camp at Leismer as well in the first couple of winters her and George owned the Lodge. Good people.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:10 PM

Default Winnifred Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Ricky used to cook once in awhile at the Home Oil camp at Leismer as well in the first couple of winters her and George owned the Lodge. Good people.
yes I have to agree with you spent many hours playing cards with them. Still picture George with the pipe hanging out of his mouth. Ricky always had a drink in her hand if she wasnt cooking Miss them both
Old 11-13-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overparr View Post
yes I have to agree with you spent many hours playing cards with them. Still picture George with the pipe hanging out of his mouth. Ricky always had a drink in her hand if she wasnt cooking Miss them both
Ricky definitely enjoyed a drink or two. The bar at the lodge was the closest one by a longshot when we were working out in the Leismer, Kirby and Ipiatik areas, at least until Karen built the Wolfs Den at Conklin Corner. George was pretty proud of his two horsehoes joined by chain with the ring in the middle and how fast he could get it off. Built one after seeing his.