Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2018, 08:19 PM

Default Growing your smoke yourself, it’s easy!

So now with weed legal to buy & grow I feel it’s important people are aware that growing your smoke is simple! It’s as easy as buying seeds online, sprouting and planting in the garden. I went with a feminized auto-flowering strain and in 3 months start to finish I harvested 8oz of dry flower off 3 plants ! Stored in jars That’s moooore then enough to get me through the winter and beyond.........
The government is NOT getting my $ for smoke
Old 11-12-2018, 08:32 PM

Can't see the weed for all the weeds.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:35 PM

Default Weed

So you will now have to down size your grow to 4 plants now.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:02 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but you are only allowed to grow indoors(better to keep bugs off and people from taking your medicine)
Old 11-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy 0-0-7 View Post
So you will now have to down size your grow to 4 plants now.
I’ve never grown more then 3
Old 11-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Banned

You just pop the seeds in the garden and that’s it? I thought that you needed all kinds of hydroponics, humidity and whatnot.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Valy View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but you are only allowed to grow indoors(better to keep bugs off and people from taking your medicine)
There’s no restrictions on growing outside / inside as long as it’s within your property and limited to 4 plants. I’m not invested in growing indoors, I don’t want to deal with the smell, lighting, mess etc. I let the garden do the work. I’m a light smoker and get everything I need for the year in 3 short months. 4 plants is ALOT if you go with a high yielding outdoor strain we’re talking lbs! That’s pretty tough to do in a backyard though, better off having a friend with an acreage, digging some big holes, adding good soil and you would be good for aloooong time lol
Old 11-12-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You just pop the seeds in the garden and that’s it? I thought that you needed all kinds of hydroponics, humidity and whatnot.
Pot has been grown outdoors for thousands of year. Indoor pot was only developed over the past few decades.

40 years ago I threw, (not planted just thrown), 20 seeds in the garden in April. A dozen sprouted and 8 were female. By mid September I had 6 ft plants that were heavily budded and mature. Never fertilized or watered. Grown 'au natural.' Watered when it rained. The soil in the garden was a black loam. Only covered the plants with a sheet the last week when there was a risk of frost at night. Had enough tops to last a year.

The best outdoor natural soil is soil where stinging nettle grows. Nettle is a companion plant to pot.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 11-12-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:27 PM

So please.......tell us the website you used to obtain your non-illicit seeds from?

Is there a licenced online retailer to purchase seeds?
Old 11-12-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
So please.......tell us the website you used to obtain your non-illicit seeds from?

Many of the seeds I had were stray seeds from buds I had acquired. I never bought any seeds from a bank.

There are several reputable online seed companies from places like Amsterdam that ship all over the world. Some out of BC even.

If you grow your own you only have to buy seeds once. Keep a male and female plant together and you get seeds for the next year.

There is even a guy, Dana Larson, online in Canada offering 100 seeds for free. He has millions of seeds and wants to over grow Canada. http://overgrowcanada.com/
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 11-12-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:07 AM

Fluxcore... Nice pics. May I suggest a small hand held microscope is important for deciding when to harvest. The trichromes should just be starting to turn opaque instead of being clear. Once the trichromes have turned darker the high will be past prime. Harvested at the right time can be a big difference. Harvest first thing after a dark night. THC is replenished during the night. Sunlight dissipates THC.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
This is probably the best reference site online. There is a section on cultivation for indoor and outdoor growing too. All the info about pot a person needs.

https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml
Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:

Choose your battles.

And just do the right thing.

The gov't and the police have been deeply corrupt and doing Canadian society a great disservice for a long time.

But hey, it's great business for the authorities isn't it?

As corrupt as it comes.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Many of the seeds I had were stray seeds from buds I had acquired. I never bought any seeds from a bank.

There are several reputable online seed companies from places like Amsterdam that ship all over the world. Some out of BC even.

If you grow your own you only have to buy seeds once. Keep a male and female plant together and you get seeds for the next year.

There is even a guy, Dana Larson, online in Canada offering 100 seeds for free. He has millions of seeds and wants to over grow Canada. http://overgrowcanada.com/
I just checked, his program offering free seeds is over. Dammit!
Old 11-13-2018, 05:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Food plot for deer?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:

I went through cropkings out of bc, found what I wanted in the “autoflower” section. Quick and easy, had 100% germination rate and a few left over for next summer 👍
Old 11-13-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Fluxcore... Nice pics. May I suggest a small hand held microscope is important for deciding when to harvest. The trichromes should just be starting to turn opaque instead of being clear. Once the trichromes have turned darker the high will be past prime. Harvested at the right time can be a big difference. Harvest first thing after a dark night. THC is replenished during the night. Sunlight dissipates THC.
I actually harvested a little late the trichomes were really cloudy and most of the hairs were brown. I’ll try the dark thing next year for sure. I have a 1 hooter and literally have 1-2 puffs and I’m on cloud 9 with absolutely no anxiety which I was worried about after harvesting and seeing how the bud looked......
Old 11-13-2018, 02:51 PM

Good to know, thanks for the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
Choose your battles.

And just do the right thing.

The gov't and the police have been deeply corrupt and doing Canadian society a great disservice for a long time.

But hey, it's great business for the authorities isn't it?

As corrupt as it comes.
Choose your battles is right, and their is definitely corruption.

However, with no seeds available from licenced retailers, I'd hate to see someone get slapped with a charge for posting their crop on social media. Big brother is watching, and if they are missing out on revenue, they'll be head hunting those who are acquiring seeds from the black market.

Just a thought
Old 11-13-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Good to know, thanks for the links!

Choose your battles is right, and their is definitely corruption.

However, with no seeds available from licenced retailers, I'd hate to see someone get slapped with a charge for posting their crop on social media. Big brother is watching, and if they are missing out on revenue, they'll be head hunting those who are acquiring seeds from the black market.

Just a thought
With the intercontinental postage systems some seeds will cross borders.

I do not think the gov't will be spending too much time, money or effort to police home grown growers. They may watch for people posting 20 plants and then find out they wasted the resources because there was 5 adult individuals in the residence, each allowed 4 plants.

I think the next phase of the market strategy is going to be the gov't growers will be selling clones instead of seeds to people that want to grow their 4 plants. They will sell female plants that grow great flowers but no produce seeds, thus requiring they be bought every year.

I have nothing to fear of the authorities by talking about pot of the past. The past is just that. I was just a country boy ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyQi-1Z2tN8
Old 11-13-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
They may watch for people posting 20 plants and then find out they wasted the resources because there was 5 adult individuals in the residence, each allowed 4 plants.
4 plants per dwelling, regardless if there is two or more adults residing there. Section 12(5) of the Cannabis Act. 4 is lots anyways........

Funny video, now imagine if buddy playing the guitar smoked the stuff getting passed around today hahah
Old 11-13-2018, 10:16 PM

A prime example of stoners being lazy in those pics lol.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:26 PM

Was just reading about “Foxtailing “ looks like you had a case of it. Or is that just normal for an auto flower?
Old 11-14-2018, 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=Red Bullets;3870743]Many of the seeds I had were stray seeds from buds I had acquired. I never bought any seeds from a bank.

If you grow your own you only have to buy seeds once. Keep a male and female plant together and you get seeds for the next year

Tell me why with only being alowed 4 plants would you plant male plants . You can buy feminized seeds for around $13 then you get bud off of all 4 and no chance of ruining the other plants with seedy buds
Old 11-14-2018, 01:02 AM

Nicely done, congrats!

Everyone should be growing their own, it's easier than you think.

And don't be afraid of growing indoors, that's where you have 100% control over everything.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:41 AM

[QUOTE=Trap Shy;3871357]
Quote:

If you grow your own you only have to buy seeds once. Keep a male and female plant together and you get seeds for the next year

Tell me why with only being allowed 4 plants would you plant male plants . You can buy feminized seeds for around $13 then you get bud off of all 4 and no chance of ruining the other plants with seedy buds
In theory... outdoor grown... keeping one female and male separate from the other two females and let that lone female produce seeds allows that strain to get more adapted/acclimatized to where it was grown over a few generations. And if you have an exceptional strain it would be nice to keep. The fertilized seedy flowers are still quite usable as medicine. The grower sacrifices one plant capacity for having the male but ensure they have their own viable seeds. Also could keep one seedless mother plant and let her produce seedless clones for a couple years.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
No doubt, get that yard cleaned up!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
I disagree. I think he's brilliant.
His neighbors would have said, "look at all those darn weeds in that garden"!
Instead of, "look at all that darn WEED in that garden"!
Old 11-14-2018, 07:53 AM
Banned

stoners.......should be banned. this is the wrong venue.

i've not checked due to lack of interest, but isn't there a forum for stoners?
Old 11-14-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post

No one complained about the scotch thread so get used to the new way of things square.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post

Someone grew up in the reefer madness era...get over it and don’t click on it if you don’t want to see it.