Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-06-2015, 10:01 PM

Default Antelope South Dakota info needed.

Planning a summer trip to black hills/mount Rushmore and been looking at DIY archery hunt done some Internet research,forum reading but was hoping if anyone has done SD hunt and had any info to pass on would appreciate it.Thanks and Happy New year to all.
Roar
Old 01-06-2015, 10:34 PM

I don't think non-residents were even allowed to obtain SD pronghorn licences last year.... ?

You might want to contact SD GFP to figure out if you will even have a chance to get a tag.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 01-07-2015, 06:21 AM

In South Dakota non residents can not hunt any big game in Custer State Park (Mount Rushmore) with the exception of Buffalo. Residents can hunt pretty much everything in it on draw even sheep before they got diseased a few years back. Outside the park I'm not sure, a better bet would be WY if your looking for a guarenteed tag and its on the way to SD.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Default Goats in South Dakota

I went down with a buddy last Sept. on a bowhunt and we stayed in a little cabin beside Camp Crook S.D. which is right down in the corner where S.D., Montana and Wyoming come together.We were right by the border and travelled into Montana each morning to hunt. We saw way more goats and some good ones on the S.D. side of the border. We got two bucks, but the pickings were slim in Montana. PM me if you want.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM

Didn't hunt SD, I was in Wyoming, but I've got the boarder/customs/US F&G info for bringing meat back if you need it. Good luck down there.

People in SUVs, driving through their sprawling suburbs, will end the lives of more animals than a man with a bow ever could.