Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2011, 08:25 AM

This is a fine example of the gun registry at work. You would think all the info about this guys job would be available to the cops when they pulled him over.

That cop should have been arrested and thrown in jail the second his boss saw that tape.

This is the same detachment that tasered the 68 year old for double parking a few years ago.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss442 View Post
I don't know use your imagination (seems to be enough to crucify someone around here without all the facts)......Maybe there was a rocket propelled grenade in the truck, maybe an I.E.D!! Who knows! Could go either way, maybe the Cop is a Jagoff and overstepped his authority, hopfully well find out if in fact he did and something is done about it. Until then.....
I believe your tinfoil hat is showing.

I'm impressed that a report of shots being fired, a description of a pickup offered, is enough to warrant what happened in that video.

Just ludicrous.

MAYBE the cop overstepped his authority? Golly gee, based on the video I would think that any reasonable person must agree with you.... it's obvious the fella got down on all fours so he could effectively head butt the officers boot in an attempt to escape, or, God forbid, injure the officer.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I'm not a Police Officer, but I'am in Law enforcement. Unfortunately this isn't the 80s anymore were officers acted in a very different way, but unfortunately with the rise in drug use, gangs, and just plain old nut jobs running freely in our communities that are sopposed to be on medications. Those cops that used to be easy going and complacent are becoming very rare as many have been continuously assaulted pyhsically and mentally and in some cases killed or mamed. When you deal with the sh!t of society day in and day out you become alittle crass. Best thing to do when your ordered to do somthing by a Police Officer, is to follow their instructions to the "T" and there won't be any problems! Argue, dissrespect, or don't follow directions, you left matters/consequences in your own hands.
Here's a crazy idea, why not lock up the drug pushers/users, gang members and nut jobs that are assaulting the officers? Crazy idea huh? Once upon a time in this country that is what we did, was it not? Now days it's a slap on the wrist and back out the door to continue on what you were doing.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I'm not a Police Officer, but I'am in Law enforcement. Unfortunately this isn't the 80s anymore were officers acted in a very different way, but unfortunately with the rise in drug use, gangs, and just plain old nut jobs running freely in our communities that are sopposed to be on medications. Those cops that used to be easy going and complacent are becoming very rare as many have been continuously assaulted pyhsically and mentally and in some cases killed or mamed. When you deal with the sh!t of society day in and day out you become alittle crass. Best thing to do when your ordered to do somthing by a Police Officer, is to follow their instructions to the "T" and there won't be any problems! Argue, dissrespect, or don't follow directions, you left matters/consequences in your own hands.
I don't mean to single you out and I am not trying to pick on you at all, but has any officer ever thought about the fact that the citizens of the worst areas do not get to go home at the end of a shift? They live this exact thing 24/7.

So RCMP should stop crying poor me, I deal with the dregs of society... when everyday law abiding people don't get to leave it.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
Here's a crazy idea, why not lock up the drug pushers/users, gang members and nut jobs that are assaulting the officers? Crazy idea huh? Once upon a time in this country that is what we did, was it not? Now days it's a slap on the wrist and back out the door to continue on what you were doing.
And that justifies a government sanctioned bully with a gun kicking that fellows face in HOW ?

Take a look at look at this, this butthole kicks the guy because he wanted to and he can , just like any other bully. Perhaps members of law enforcement should take note of the level of police bashing going on here and think about why it's going on. I for one am shocked that I have become one of the bashers but I just can't watch any more of this. Until they quit protecting the bullies and white washing their actions it's going to get worse.

A previous poster brought up the tasering of the senior who double parked . In Edmonton EPS we have The son of the previous police Chief who was drunk and beat up a guy on crtuches and this is only one of his many offenses. How is he still on the force ? How about the one who tasered the kid EIGHT times or maybe the Edmonton cop who tasered the sleeping homeless guy in the lobby of a hotel ? When he was brought before the Judge and asked for his reasoning his answer was that he was depressed because of his divorce.

I should be able to teach my Grandson that a policeman is someone he could go to if he was in trouble and needed help but instead I have to teach him that they are government sanctioned bullies and they are to be feared and that anytime he sees a cop he should video their actions for his own and all of our protection.

Too strong you say ? Then why are all these cops still in uniform ? When this one gets swept under the rug like the murder of the fellow in the Van airport did it will be just another very sad day for Canada.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Fact is, shots were fired in the neighborhood, cops pull over perp, weapon found (who knows if he had any on his person) perp not complying by laying down (several times as indicated). He was told to lay down not stay on all fours, police officers request this as a safety measure to make an arrest easyer, and if your to stupid to do what your told, you will be forced to for their safety, end of story.
Perp. perp, perp. You come across as if this guy was proven guilty and deserved the boot in the face.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Fact is, shots were fired in the neighborhood, cops pull over perp, weapon found (who knows if he had any on his person) perp not complying by laying down (several times as indicated). He was told to lay down not stay on all fours, police officers request this as a safety measure to make an arrest easyer, and if your to stupid to do what your told, you will be forced to for their safety, end of story.
Prepetrator of what exactly ?

I just watched the Sunday morning news, the newscaster says that police were responding to a serious situation. There was a gun and it was fired. Oh my gawd!!!!!!

Since when does a gun firing mean crime in a free country ? How many of us fire a gun legally every day.

Here's a situation for you . A couple of years ago a buddy who lived on an acreage just out of town called on a Sunday morning, he was freaking out that a ferocious beast had attacked his german shepard and killed one of her puppies and ran off with it. He chased it into an old shed and it turned and attacked him. He of course fled in fear.

Now he doesn't have any of his own guns so he calls me. I asked what the hell is it ? Trying to determine the weapon du jour and he said bring a big gun this thing is ferocious. So I grabbed my 270 and went out to investigate. When I kicked open the shed door I saw a big badger lunching on the dead puppy.

So let's see here, a man with a gun, shot fired. So if some over zealous gun
hating citizen phones the police.

AM I TO EXPECT TO GET MY FACE CAVED IN BY A BULLY IN A UNIFORM LOOKING ANY EXCUSE FOR AN OUTLET FOR HIS PROPENSITY FOR VIOLENCE BECAUSE I AM A PERP ?

GO BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
and then they wonder why the people dont respect the officers?
after this i am wondering who creates terorism and who the terorist is(officers like those in the video). and why sould we respect them?
the whole sitouation smells!!! bad really bad!!!!
sorry for my spelling
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 AM

"Best thing to do when your ordered to do somthing by a Police Officer, is to follow their instructions to the "T" and there won't be any problems! Argue, dissrespect, or don't follow directions, you left matters/consequences in your own hands." Coming from someone in law enforcement,
that is one of the scariest things I have ever heard. Just goes to show the attitude that has permeated the police, do as I say and all will be well, or until I decide otherwise.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Boss442;792334]I'm not a Police Officer, but I'am in Law enforcement. Unfortunately this isn't the 80s anymore were officers acted in a very different way, but unfortunately with the rise in drug use, gangs, and just plain old nut jobs running freely in our communities that are sopposed to be on medications. Those cops that used to be easy going and complacent are becoming very rare as many have been continuously assaulted pyhsically and mentally and in some cases killed or mamed. When you deal with the sh!t of society day in and day out you become alittle crass. Best thing to do when your ordered to do somthing by a Police Officer, is to follow their instructions to the "T" and there won't be any problems!

Undt make sure you have der correct papers too. Or else.

Raise your hand if you support gun control. This guy did.

http://history1900s.about.com/librar...blhitler50.htm
Old 01-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Im currently training to enter the rcmp. This guy just made me rethink everything i have ever wanted to be. He makes me so sick. Hes lucky he wasnt in britain where they arent allowed guns because if he tried that to other people he would end up with a broken jaw. Honestly what kind of person does that. It makes the rest of the officers look bad. People wonder why there are so many cop haters out there. Boss you infuriate me with your ignorance. It has nothing to do with being a gun owner or not. If you are a bad person you are a bad person. This is proven by the cop that kicked that poor guy in the face. He is a bad person hiding behind his badge. If i started stabbing people does that mean the police have a right to boot stomp cooks and chefs as well.
I cant believe you are in law enforcement. I cant believe my taxes pay for your salary. I might as well have a militia to enforce the law. Atleast the public can have a say in their actions.

Last edited by fishnut9; 01-09-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 PM

I can't even enter into the debate.

Needing to justification that a man on his hands and knees (while at gun point from three officers) does not warrant a soccer kick to the face, speaks volumes about the people claiming how hard it is to be cop.

Ya want to make it easier to be a cop?

don't strip women/men down naked and beat them while they are in custody. Don't engage in the assault of prisoners (those who are already in a cell)... Don't sell drugs on the street you beat,....

and the biggest one of all....

If you are a LEO and you see these things happening, be able to remove yourself from the brotherhood/sisterhood you belong to and speak out against these cowards who are the minority of your profession.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Im currently training to enter the rcmp. This guy just made me rethink everything i have ever wanted to be. He makes me so sick. Hes lucky he wasnt in britain where they arent allowed guns because if he tried that to other people he would end up with a broken jaw. Honestly what kind of person does that. It makes the rest of the officers look bad. People wonder why there are so many cop haters out there. Boss you infuriate me with your ignorance. It has nothing to do with being a gun owner or not. If you are a bad person you are a bad person. This is proven by the cop that kicked that poor guy in the face. He is a bad person hiding behind his badge. If i started stabbing people does that mean the police have a right to boot stomp cooks and chefs as well.
I cant believe you are in law enforcement. I cant believe my taxes pay for your salary. I might as well have a militia to enforce the law. Atleast the public can have a say in their actions.
Stay with you goals. We need more common sense like this in the force so that the bad few can be weeded out.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

I've always looked up to policers when growing up. My father in law was a carreer RCMP and he was a good man and a good cop. I'll continue to look up to the police and I happen to personally still know some good cops. But stuff like this does make it clear that there are some bad apples in that tree. In addition, the training that young recruits go through now is nothing like it was when my father in law went through in Regina. Seemingly, they don't put enough effort into physciatric evalutions to weed out some of these bullies that hide behind a badge. Sadly, I used to mourn the fact that an officer was lost in the line of duty, I may be re-thinking that in the future.

And that as a whole, it is a sad state of affairs, because the higher up in the ranks don't realize that they need to keep the general public and community respecting their law enforcers. How can we possibly strive to keep that respect when we are constantly inondaded with examples of unwarranted police brutality. Furthermore the perpetrators of this violence have got to be real stupid to not realize that nearly 100% of the civil population is armed with smart phones, camcorders and that "someone" will surely record their deeds so that they can have their own 5 minutes of fame on YouTube.

Last edited by gitrdun; 01-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Maybe there should be a call up line called "Cop Stoppers" along with that useless "Crime Stoppers".

Film required.

BTW: I understand the inquiry into the deaths of Four mounties at the hands of Rozko is going to held this week.

The investigation is already being called a sham by the media and radio hosts due to the restrictions on who is allowed to testify.

Where are the days when police followed Peel's Principles.

The late David Tomlinson, founder of the NFA, said the police are becoming more and more a paramilitary organization to remove people of their basic rights.

I thought Mr. Tomlinson was full of beans when he said this.

Maybe he was not full of beans.

I guess we all trod along saying " Yes sir, please don't shoot me" I have a driver's licence.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Another bit of info.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/UPDATE+...938/story.html
Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 PM

What better defense than a good offense,start by making the victim appear to be the criminal.

Gee,do you think that the authorities will be willing to drop the charges against the man, if he agrees not to press charges against the RCMP officer?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Default I need more cameras

See a cop, take a picture, chances are you’ll be exposing incompetence, or acts of brutality.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
What better defense than a good offense,start by making the victim appear to be the criminal.

Gee,do you think that the authorities will be willing to drop the charges against the man, if he agrees not to press charges against the RCMP officer?
With the evidence that he has and the negative publicity, NO FRIGGIN WAY, that POS should answer for his wrong doings, as we all should. I screw up, I pay the price, so should that scum bag.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
And we wonder why Police overreact (extremely cautious)? There are just somany nut jobs out there willing to take another life for no reason.

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot, at least 5 killed in rampage
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/officials-u...11628-113.html
Now Sarah Palin is getting blamed for this incident by the liberal media.

Who are the real nut jobs out there?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Now Sarah Palin is getting blamed for this incident by the liberal media.

Who are the real nut jobs out there?
She shouldn't be blamed for this incident. I do think she needs to apologize for the ad she posted on her facebook a few months back that depicted cross-hairs over 20 democratic districts, including Gabrielle Giffords. When controversy arose, she said "don't retreat, RELOAD!" Maybe in hindsight that was in bad taste?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:06 PM

...and now that I think of it, I can't actually find any liberal media outlets blaming Palin. I think it's more a matter of how this incident has highlighted the need for more civil discourse in American politics. Even if these gun-related rallying metaphors had no effect on this psycho killing and injuring those poor people, are they really necessary?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreator View Post
She shouldn't be blamed for this incident. I do think she needs to apologize for the ad she posted on her facebook a few months back that depicted cross-hairs over 20 democratic districts, including Gabrielle Giffords. When controversy arose, she said "don't retreat, RELOAD!" Maybe in hindsight that was in bad taste?

why does she need to apologize these are states the the repubs have targeted to win....I know the left wing media down there went all ape chit when this first came out, I suppose it all depends on which side of Political fence your on and we all know what Libs think of sarah...my apologies in advance if you are a Lib and I have offended you...
Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM

She should apologize because she has cross-hairs over someone who was just shot in the head. Again, I don't think she is to blame for what happened, but just think what would happen if a student in a classroom created this. The kid would have to go for psychiatric treatment.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
She should apologize because she has cross-hairs over someone who was just shot in the head. Again, I don't think she is to blame for what happened, but just think what would happen if a student in a classroom created this. The kid would have to go for psychiatric treatment.
Sorry I don't see crosshairs over anyone I must have a bad picture here or something...wasn't this map done before the shootings ?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Sorry I don't see crosshairs over anyone I must have a bad picture here or something...wasn't this map done before the shootings ?
Yes, it was done several months ago. Palin's people removed the picture from her facebook page yesterday, so even they recognize that in hindsight it was in bad taste. Then again, I should know better than to criticize Palin around here.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was done several months ago. Palin's people removed the picture from her facebook page yesterday, so even they recognize that in hindsight it was in bad taste. Then again, I should know better than to criticize Palin around here.
Especially over something as silly as that....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't there so I'm no trying to justify anything, I'm just trying to explain how these get blown out of context when we dont have all the facts!
You mean like the fact that his job was to scare geese from the golf course with a shot gun, AND the shot gun had a trigger lock on it?

I support the police 99% of the time, this time the RCMP officer was totally out of line. I was glad to hear that there would be a full investigation.