Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM

Default Thief caught red-handed, Alta. ranchers allege

Quote:
Thief caught red-handed, Alta. ranchers allege

A father and son in rural Alberta are responsible for the dramatic arrest of an alleged thief they'd been after for months, RCMP say.

Property owner Kris Lynch and his father Tim apprehended a man Wednesday after the younger Lynch returned to his ranch in Trochu, southeast of Red Deer, and saw familiar tire tracks leading to his fuel storage tanks.

The tracks looked similar to those found after previous fuel thefts at the ranch, Lynch said.

Lynch called police and then came upon a man in a truck at the fuel site.

"He was dumb enough to steal fuel in the middle of the day from a farmer," Kris Lynch told CBC News.

Moments later, Lynch's father arrived and the suspect panicked, Lynch said.

"The guy freaks out, puts it in gear and floors it," Lynch said. "So I jump on the truck and grab the steering wheel."

The father and son eventually got the man out of the truck and tied him up with a lasso from their barn, he said.

"The guy was wearing pyjama pants and he didn't have underwear … and his pants ended up sliding right down to his ankles," said Lynch.

He said he and his father let the man, "sit there bare-assed in the snow till the cops showed up."

Brandon Fox faces charges in connection with the alleged fuel theft and the alleged theft of seven stolen cars, an all-terrain vehicle and copper wire found after the search of a property in Rumsey, said RCMP Sgt. Patrick Webb.

The truck Fox was driving when apprehended also was allegedly stolen.

"That certainly helps us, in the long, run trying to solve some of the other crimes," said Webb.

Fox has yet to stand trial and has not been convicted on any of the theft charges.

Webb also cautioned against citizens trying to apprehend anyone during the commission of a crime.

The Lynchs, who own the local tow truck company, spent the remainder of the week towing the stolen vehicles from Rumsey to the RCMP compound.

With files from the CBC's Meghan Grant
http://news.ca.msn.com/local/calgary...entid=27178902

....and I laughed!

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 PM

LOL!! Made my night!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Brandon Fox seems to be one of those unique kinds of stupid. Can't even be bothered to get properly dressed when he needs to go out stealing. I for one hope somebody knows of the twit and posts his Facebook or similar pics to get him properly publicly shamed.

Chalk up one for the good guys! They shoulda used that rubber band stretcher that ranchers have while his pants were down. We don't want to risk this particular one breeding.......
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 PM

Great story! I wonder if there's any releation to Gifford?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:37 PM

He is a special kinda' stupid isn't he!

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 PM

So since they tied him up and left him in the snow how long till the farmers are charged with unlawful confinement and reckless endangerment?

I sincerely hope that doesn't come to pass but these days I wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 PM

I was just thinking Mr Fox is darned lucky the two Lynch fellows don't live up to their family name, at least in the literal sense........................
Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 AM

[QUOTE=Slannesh;793858]So since they tied him up and left him in the snow how long till the farmers are charged with unlawful confinement and reckless endangerment?

I can see this coming up down the road.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

I had about 20 gallons of 12 year old diesel stolen from me.

I hope the engine my old diesel was run through gave it some sort of malfunction.

Do you guys figure old diesel can create engine problems?