Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-29-2015, 08:44 PM

Thumbs down Lake newell ice shack thefts and arson

Hello everyone, for those of you who have ice huts out on newell please go out and check them. Mine was stolen and burnt to the ground. several others have been burnt or stolen also. Pretty sad and concerning. My daughter is devastated as we spent all out time out there. Now we have no hut auger or gear for the rest of the winter awesome! So heads up and go have a look and report it to the RCMP please!
Cheers!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:54 PM

There has been only two shacks burnt to the ice.one last night and one the night before asuming one was yours and sorry to hear that.the arsone was caught last night at midnight so no need to worry about any other shacks going down.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:55 PM

Angry

they took mine off the lake and burnt it so thats 3 and there is someones on the main road past the resort completely wrecked.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 PM

That's brutal Reaper. I hope you can salvage your season. Who does that to other peoples stuff.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:13 PM

sorry to hear, the big one had 30 grand invested in it, I almost felt like crying when I saw it today. I have a 6x6 tent you can use the rest of the winter if you like, let me know.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-29-2015, 09:13 PM

there was another one that was being hauled away all over highway 535 today too, nothing left of it. uploading a few pics

the nicest shack probably in the province, til last night

got most of the debris cleaned up but still some to be done, what a sad day for the owner. the arsonist needs a good kneecapping

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich

Last edited by WayneChristie; 01-29-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
sorry to hear, the big one had 30 grand invested in it, I almost felt like crying when I saw it today. I have a 6x6 tent you can use the rest of the winter if you like, let me know.
Thanks Wayne! I have a back up plan. This guy was out of control! I heard he hit shacks at the end of the lake too! Gonna go for a ride to check it out!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:28 PM

Unf'n real!! Hope justice is served somehow. Damn that's horrible. Too bad there are people like this in our world.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:31 PM

Sorry to hear this, what a clown. Is there a police report available anywhere?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:30 PM

To bad old Ralph wasn't the one making and enforcing the laws. His SSS would of straightened out societies misfits and nutbars !!!! I miss Ole Ralphy. Like Wayne said someone could of died. I feel for all who lost their shacks and belongings.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:47 PM

Took a drive through Reddelback no signs of fire or damage. Cant believe hoe few shacks on the ice since the zero pike limit. It used to be crazy busy.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 PM

Wow that's terrible that some idiot would do that, they obviously don't know how much time and effort guys put into making their shacks, hope they throw him in jail for a while and he has a cell mate who used to ice fish... Yeah Wayne I suspect Newell is seeing a lot less pressure since you can't keep much out there, I wonder how much the pressure on other lakes have gone up since they brought C&R for the pike in Newell. I've personally been waiting for a bit to let the pike grow up and benefit from the C&R, it's only been a year.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Sorry to hear you loss THEREAPER T

We need to know who the bastard is
when is his first court date
We should protest outside of the court or present inside the court.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:57 PM

I heard today the arsonist was released on lack of evidence, hopefully that changes. and soon

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-01-2015, 09:13 PM

Please report anything you see that is suspicious to the RCMP. Sad to see so little people fishing today. Would of been nice to drive up to my hut and light a fire to keep warm lol!! Keep an eye out everyone!! Cheers!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREAPER View Post
Please report anything you see that is suspicious to the RCMP. Sad to see so little people fishing today. Would of been nice to drive up to my hut and light a fire to keep warm lol!! Keep an eye out everyone!! Cheers!
Also there is a hut that was stolen by the pump house just past newell resort and destroyed on the road. Built on a trailer frame, walls are utilildore and small 20lb propane bottle on front of frame. Approximately 4kms past the resort directly on road.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:29 PM

http://brooksbulletin.com/default.aspx?contentid=3660
Old 02-24-2015, 09:02 PM

nice to see hes back in custody. I had a talk with an RCMP officer one night leaving the lake who was keeping an eye on the boat launch area, several shacks had been shot up on Kitsim as well as the ones that had been burned on Newell. He told me they didnt know if this clown had checked to see if they were empty first! Makes a person feel a little nervous sitting out in their shack after dark for sure. Id heard they were waiting for forensic testing on the shell casings they found in his truck, must have come back a match if they charged him. hopefully hes convicted and does some serious time for all the charges

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-25-2015, 07:34 AM

Default Shack

That's good news,
the only update I have from the RCMP was that the investigation was ongoing.
Scary about the shooting at ice shacks, generally if we fish at nite the lights are turned down so there is no shine down the hole,doesn't seem to bother ling but the walleye's don't seem to lite in my experience.
Baz
Old 02-25-2015, 05:02 PM

what boggles my mind is how in that short period of time this guy can get his hands on so many firearms and tons of ammunition after the ones he was in possession of get seized.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:39 PM

Thats terrible. I dont know why some people are so..... I dont know screwed up I guess is the term lol. Sorry to hear of everyones loss.

Question though, What kind of charges would be laid??