Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-07-2015, 05:47 AM

Default Alpine meadows resort by Clearwater BC!

Hello members,goin this week for 4 days to this resort for the wife's family reunion,I have rarely traveled BC so wondering what kinda fishin opurtunities are available here..??i know there's a stocked trout lake on the resort and a few rivers nearby but just wondered if anyone has anymore details or info??!!thanks guys
Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 AM

Just got back from a road trip to Kamloops.

Stayed at Dutch Lake Resort which I believe is across from where you are staying.

Used to call it MUCH Lake 25 years ago. Stocked with Rainbows and Kokanee. Tried everything that used to work, 1 fish on for the day. Very hot and the fish are Deeeeeeeep.

I did not have a down rigger or a fish finder. Another local did get a Kokanee and said he marked fish all deeper than 30 feet. Used a wedding band and a Dick Nite behind gang trolls, Williams wobblers, but no Kokanee action for me.

Hit I did have on was a worm and Cow Bell Gang Troll with miles of line out and VERY SLOW troll.

Maybe try up in Wells Grey at Clearwater Lake. Hard to get at the fish with temps in the 30 ++ range for weeks, and no rain for a month out there. The fish will not be dry fly at this time.

Clearwater River is way down right now due to no snow melt, so you might be OK to try casting Kamloops Spoons into some of the slower pools. Ask the locals how to get to the first eddy. Pretty neat spot.

Drewski
Old 07-07-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Just got back from a road trip to Kamloops.

Stayed at Dutch Lake Resort which I believe is across from where you are staying.

Used to call it MUCH Lake 25 years ago. Stocked with Rainbows and Kokanee. Tried everything that used to work, 1 fish on for the day. Very hot and the fish are Deeeeeeeep.

I did not have a down rigger or a fish finder. Another local did get a Kokanee and said he marked fish all deeper than 30 feet. Used a wedding band and a Dick Nite behind gang trolls, Williams wobblers, but no Kokanee action for me.

Hit I did have on was a worm and Cow Bell Gang Troll with miles of line out and VERY SLOW troll.

Maybe try up in Wells Grey at Clearwater Lake. Hard to get at the fish with temps in the 30 ++ range for weeks, and no rain for a month out there. The fish will not be dry fly at this time.

Clearwater River is way down right now due to no snow melt, so you might be OK to try casting Kamloops Spoons into some of the slower pools. Ask the locals how to get to the first eddy. Pretty neat spot.

Drewski
All the info I needed thank you very much!hope ya got some set outa that shuffleboard table!one other question,taking the jasper route pulling my fifth wheel how long a drive is it,I'm leaving from stony plain.?