Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Default Pheasant Hunting Action

Recently there was a posting regarding photos of hunting dogs. In that posting I linked a video of my GSP on point and the bird busting out. I thought I would share some screen shots that are simple not seen on the video as things happen so fast. The first image you will see the bird just taking flight, then in flight, then the gun comes into view. Only a couple seconds pass. Hope you guys like it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 1 2013-11-18 at 4.03.00 PM.jpg (55.1 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 4.15.08 PM.jpg (28.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 4.16.32 PM.jpg (40.0 KB, 210 views)
Old 11-19-2013, 08:51 AM

Those are great stills from your video, Teagan!

I've been thinking about a goPro for a little bit. Hoping my buddy tags his deer so we can chase phez later this week (but not on Sunday - gotta make time for the Green and White and the Grey Cup). He just bought a gopro and I'd like to see it in action.

Which model do you have?

GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 AM

Default Go Pro

I have the hero 2, I would love to upgrade it to the new one, it can be control via the I phone or a hand held that comes with it.

Go with the new one and you will be able to turn it on and off while hunting, likely you will capture many more action shots

My thought for what they are worth

I hope your Riders can handle the show
Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teagan View Post
I have the hero 2, I would love to upgrade it to the new one, it can be control via the I phone or a hand held that comes with it.

Go with the new one and you will be able to turn it on and off while hunting, likely you will capture many more action shots

My thought for what they are worth

I hope your Riders can handle the show
Actually the Hero 3 is a pile of lets say doggy doo doo.. Battery life is terrible and cold weather it won't fire up....

Put the Hero 3 up against the ECEL HD Hunt this season and by far I like the ECEL...

Sure the Hero has more features, but it does not stack up to the conditions I require while in the field..
Old 11-19-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Actually the Hero 3 is a pile of lets say doggy doo doo.. Battery life is terrible and cold weather it won't fire up....

Put the Hero 3 up against the ECEL HD Hunt this season and by far I like the ECEL...

Sure the Hero has more features, but it does not stack up to the conditions I require while in the field..
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I will stick with my old one, I have never had any problems. I have lots of cold weather video never an issue, as long as the memory is free 3 to 4 hours continuous no problem.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 PM

real cool, thanks!