Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Sept Long - where to go????

Hey guys, Im headin out fishing on sept long weekend. I usually only have been going fishing twice a year now b/c i am so busy with work/family righ now and have always taken those trips to slave lake over the past 5 years because of the good walleye fishing there. I just tried to book a spot at Norms there for the sep tlong and they arre booked up and now im thinking of trying another lake for this trip. any suggestions on where to go for the best walleye fishing in sept and somewhere with decent campgrounds and that you can at least keep a fish or two? Thanks for all your input guys!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:10 PM

no suggestions???
Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
sheephunter

Calling Lake?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM

I 2nd the Calling Lake idea. I don't know that area well though and I have never fished Calling. Still, some decent reports are coming from there. The other suggestion I have is Pinehurst Lake in the NB1 area. Decent launch, big beautiful lake, limit on walleye and other fish, also a fairly nice campground.

I'm headed to Jasper and the Hinton area for the September long. Possibly Maligne, Medicine and other lakes/rivers on the schedule.

Good luck and good fishing!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 AM

Calling and Pinehurst are both good. As well Fawcett Lake has a couple campgrounds and you can still keep a couple walleye each. Fishing has been fairly steady this summer. Also up the same direction, all be it a little further is North Wabasca Lake. 3 limit on both walleye and pike. Nice campground and a nice sandy beach.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:14 PM

The wife and I will be at Wabasca, in a blue Crestliner, top up if it's raining.
Good luck
Doug
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM

thanks guys, i was planning on heading out to beaver lake by lac la biche. Anyone been out there??
Old 08-23-2007, 05:51 PM

whats the fishing liek at wabasca, we used to fish there every year a few times back in the early 90s and the walleye fishin was awesoem there. We had some huge years there catchin as much as we could but it seemed to die off quite a bit when we were there closer to the year 2000.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM

Beaver Lake is worth the trip. Good campgrond and great launch. Fishing is good for all species. I haven't fished it in open water for 2 years but it is consistent for good fishing from the reports I hae heard.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM

The fishing at Calling Lake has been pretty slow. Water is warm and fish don't taste too great.