Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
DUGUAY

Default Just A Little Note/coal Lake

just read some old threads about Coal lake and wanted to let you know that there is actually really good shore fishing @this lake i grew up in Wetaskiwin and fished that lake lots here are a few:1)just before the bridge on the water treatment plant road.2)at the boat launch theres a path leading north through the road barricade along the hill about 3/4 hundred metres from the launch as well as the spillway or the very north boat launch right along the highway I have seen many 10-20lbs pike pulled out of this lake including an 18lbser this sunday!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM

I know the spot, caught several fish there as well growing up. Also on the east side of the lake just north of the camp site / parking area. Pulled a 27 pounder through the ice about 10 years back on the north end. Great lake to fish.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Jackson

Default Pic's

lst wrote
Quote:
Pulled a 27 pounder through the ice about 10 years back on the north end. Great lake to fish.
you would have any pic's from that day #1
Old 08-24-2007, 07:49 PM

Sorry the picture quality is poor, before digital camera's, so I pulled it out of the frame and scanned it. Winter of 95....12 years I guess, time flies...

pike95.jpg
Old 08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
sheephunter

Sweet!