Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-30-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Lake Newell Walleye

I just joined and know that I will probably catch flack for asking, but has anyone heard how the Walleye fishing has been. Want to get out there before hunting season gets into full swing as I have a couple of Walleye tags. Any reports would be great.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:46 PM
sheephunter

You better get out quickly...the tags are only good until September 3. Haven't heard how fishing is recently but it was great this summer.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Just read my tag and you are right. Have to help farm this weekend so I guess I will not get one this year.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:35 PM

Default walleyes at Newell

I was at Newell a week ago.The walleye bite was slow managed to use up my two remaining tags.Caught lots of huge Pike the largest was 17lbs and a 12lb and the rest were anywhwere from 2lbs to 10lbs.The Pike seem to be around any weed beds you can find trolled around with large spoons.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 AM

Was at the Newell Headgates tonight to fill my remaining tag and caught 2 walleye 1-49.5cm (19.5") the other "63.5cm (25") 5.6lbs. They were biting but not very hard (whole tub of minows in about an hour) the keeper swam towards the flowing water I thought I lost it and got snagged up on something, in frustration started pulling like a madman to hopefully get unhooked, low and behold he was still there.