Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2018, 12:24 AM

Default Lower Jack error

Hi All,

I have a 2017 Keystone Laredo 335MK travel trailer with the Lippert Components TT Leveling System. I was auto-levelling my TT when everything stopped working and kept getting an "LF Jack" Error. It said to retract everything to clear the error. When I try to auto retract, all the lights flash and the panel turns off. I can retract them with the panel arrows one jack at a time or both fronts or both rears. But when one gets to fully retracted point, all the panel lights flash and it turns off. I did put everything down about 6 inches and tried to auto retract, but when I do all the lights on the panel flash and the unit powers off. I removed all power to the unit for about 30 minutes to try and clear the error, but it will not clear or should I replace it with a brand new one. Got some cool offer from trailer parts online.

What else could be the problem?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealbraunstein View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2017 Keystone Laredo 335MK travel trailer with the Lippert Components TT Leveling System. I was auto-levelling my TT when everything stopped working and kept getting an "LF Jack" Error. It said to retract everything to clear the error. When I try to auto retract, all the lights flash and the panel turns off. I can retract them with the panel arrows one jack at a time or both fronts or both rears. But when one gets to fully retracted point, all the panel lights flash and it turns off. I did put everything down about 6 inches and tried to auto retract, but when I do all the lights on the panel flash and the unit powers off. I removed all power to the unit for about 30 minutes to try and clear the error, but it will not clear or should I replace it with a brand new one. Got some cool offer from trailer parts online.

Wouldn't warranty cover it?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealbraunstein View Post
Hi All,

I had a similar error where the one jac kwouldnt retract. I puled the neg. lead off the battery for 5 minutes, hooked it back up and it worked fine for me. Ive made a point of making sure that my jacks are always cleaned after a trip, would be a real pain in the a** to hafta replace them, sure they aren't cheap!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 AM

Call the Lippert customer service...they are very good at trouble-shooting over the phone. If possible, have access to your trailer because they will want you to try various tests to narrow things down. I just went through this..."right rear jack" failure. the jack wouldn't move. Unplugged the power terminal at the jack, attached a 12v battery to the 2 leads and nothing happened...something went wrong in the motor. Had to replace the motor.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:55 PM

Don't now if you have solved your issue yet, but a low battery can be the source of all kinds of nuisance problems.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Wouldn't warranty cover it?
Yes it does. but I was worried about what was the reason for the problrm?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4K3OGH View Post
I had a similar error where the one jac kwouldnt retract. I puled the neg. lead off the battery for 5 minutes, hooked it back up and it worked fine for me. Ive made a point of making sure that my jacks are always cleaned after a trip, would be a real pain in the a** to hafta replace them, sure they aren't cheap!
Yeah I know. I did try that but didnt work .
Old 12-15-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
Don't now if you have solved your issue yet, but a low battery can be the source of all kinds of nuisance problems.
Not yet mate. Will do that thanks for the tips. cheers.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehgun View Post
Call the Lippert customer service...they are very good at trouble-shooting over the phone. If possible, have access to your trailer because they will want you to try various tests to narrow things down. I just went through this..."right rear jack" failure. the jack wouldn't move. Unplugged the power terminal at the jack, attached a 12v battery to the 2 leads and nothing happened...something went wrong in the motor. Had to replace the motor.
Cheers bro.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:14 AM

Another reason to just stick with crank down jacks.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:32 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Another reason to just stick with crank down jacks.
Sounds like all the old gummers that want roll down windows and wife adjusted side mirror. 'Jes more lectrical crap to go wrong' lol

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-15-2018, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Sounds like all the old gummers that want roll down windows and wife adjusted side mirror. 'Jes more lectrical crap to go wrong' lol

Tags
camping