Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-16-2020, 11:37 AM

Default most annoying imo

i think the most annoying guy for me is the Hollywood Hunter guy. There is some really heavy guy on the Bone Collector is a different duck as well. But the shoots he scores kid has the most annoying tag line hands down..
Old 04-16-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Is it illegal? Then we will see him charged and read about it.
It's stupid, that for sure.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-16-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
It's stupid, that for sure.
No question. Anyone who thinks it’s illegal should refer to the Alberta hunting regulations.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
LOL , OK i see what i did , Jeff Coyle not Condie...
lol
Old 04-18-2020, 12:55 PM

I thought this was about Chuck Conners from the old 50s TV show.
These modern TV hunting shows are all about just killing stuff I don't watch them. Back in the 60s and 70s guys like Gordon Eastman or Red Fisher it was all about the trip. It was more about how you did things than the results.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:58 PM

Default The rifleman

Another nut is Stan Potts. This guy almost goes in physco mode whenever he shoots something. He’s going to give himself a stroke one day. Several years ago a buddy of mine was on an outfitted whitetail hunt in Iowa, and Stan Potts was in the camp at the time. He said he was one of the most annoying people he had ever met. He was ready to choke the guy after the first day. One of those rubes that just rubs your nerves raw.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Another nut is Stan Potts. This guy almost goes in physco mode whenever he shoots something. He’s going to give himself a stroke one day. Several years ago a buddy of mine was on an outfitted whitetail hunt in Iowa, and Stan Potts was in the camp at the time. He said he was one of the most annoying people he had ever met. He was ready to choke the guy after the first day. One of those rubes that just rubs your nerves raw.
I find some of those guys mentioned earlier in thread a bit over the top too. But Stan Potts I've always kind of got a kick out of. His reactions, although seemingly over done, always struck me as sincere. Just a guy who gets really excited. Just my two cents..
Old 04-18-2020, 01:34 PM

That's what I thought also till someone posted it's The Riflemen not The Rifleman

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2020, 07:52 PM

Almost all the best hunting content is on YouTube now - Randy Newberg, Pinhoti Project, The Hunting Public, Greg McHale (he has some episodes up now), Elk 101, etc. Meat Eater has the Netflix platform.

Production value doesn't make a great show on its own. Subpar camera work, sound quality, etc. can be overlooked if the show legitimately weaves a great story. Almost none of the show's on outdoor television do.

YouTube (and similar platforms) let the creators of the better shows actually develop stories, show personalities, the reality of hunting, etc.

Last edited by buckchaser; 04-18-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post

Always been my least favorite to watch and thats saying a lot considering,

Any program with a 12 year old kid doing most of the talking? Click. Guys in greasepaint. Click. Black rifles? Click. Fenced hunts? Click.

So that leaves 3-4 worth watching for me, and only 2 on a regular basis.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:41 AM

I have Wild TV at work I don't know if you guys noticed like every third or fourth show there's no volume on it you think they'd have some quality control there

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
I find some of those guys mentioned earlier in thread a bit over the top too. But Stan Potts I've always kind of got a kick out of. His reactions, although seemingly over done, always struck me as sincere. Just a guy who gets really excited. Just my two cents..
Stan Potts is fun too watch and liked him when he was a part of real tree.

No one is better than David Blanton when it comes to those shows.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:33 PM

Default riflemen tv show

Just watched this riflemen show. PATHETIC. He obviously can't find a legal hunt to go on. He shoots TWO whitetail bucks ( no tags on either ) and openly says he will shoot a muledeer, moose or elk if opportunity presents itself. Non residents cannot legally hunt mule deer, moose or elk in sask. They also must wear white or red hat and jacket/vest--except that walsh clown. How does he get around all the rules -- he goes on a first nations reserve. He's the best ammo for anti's they ever found. No wonder he has such a ZERO likeability on his so-called show. Punks like this are absolutly brutal for sportsmen
Old 03-31-2021, 09:32 AM

i get amused when they start talking about the planned whitetail hunt in Indiana . Buddy is in a box blind dressed like it's -40 and whispering very intensley about a few scrapes and trail cam pics he got on all his pre-scout's months earlier. Going to be a tough hunt for "Phantom" a huge buck he has hunted for 4 years. Then it shows the corn field.......there are like 50 or more deer and 20 of them bucks , of course being a high fence deer farm eventually the drama gets intense as a big buck or three walk out to feed on the oats they have spread all over before filming. Then with a perfect rest Normy gut shoots the critter. ha...garbage
Old 03-31-2021, 10:03 AM

I dearly miss watching the late Jason Peterson great show and human. RIP

Quit watching wild tv when a couple of bone heads were in northern Alberta archery elk hunting. Elk jumps out in front of them guy rushes and takes a bad shot. Elk runs out into a big field buddy takes an even worse Long range shot actually hits the bull in a decent spot and kills it. Couldn't believe they aired that show and were proud of the high skill level displayed.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:17 AM

Although Jordan Walsh is far from my favourite outdoor TV host, I never really paid attention to any safety infractions until I saw him run through the bush with a rifle in his hands after spotting an elk. Whether the rifle was loaded or not I don't know, but immediately I thought it did not promote firearm safety especially to the younger viewers. Then randomly this week on the sportsman channel I saw a show with Brett Kissel when Jordan and a couple others were spending a couple of days at Kissel's grandparent's farm. They had a .22 shooting competition which was good, but while still holding the rifle in Brett's hand, they toasted and were taking shots of liquor. To me, being on television with kids watching as well as the anti-gun people, there is no need to stand with a rifle in one hand and a shot of booze in the other. Hosts need to be better aware of the image that they can project.

My two cents...
Michael
Old 03-31-2021, 12:25 PM

Default The rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Just watched this riflemen show. PATHETIC. He obviously can't find a legal hunt to go on. He shoots TWO whitetail bucks ( no tags on either ) and openly says he will shoot a muledeer, moose or elk if opportunity presents itself. Non residents cannot legally hunt mule deer, moose or elk in sask. They also must wear white or red hat and jacket/vest--except that walsh clown. How does he get around all the rules -- he goes on a first nations reserve. He's the best ammo for anti's they ever found. No wonder he has such a ZERO likeability on his so-called show. Punks like this are absolutly brutal for sportsmen
Yep, an embarrassment to the hunting community. The Justin Trudeau of hunting.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:29 PM

Maybe the members of the Alberta outdoorsmen should start our own hunting show casting our Members. Since very few like what others are making.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:41 PM

if you can hang a ring on it, it's a point.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post

Quit watching wild tv when a couple of bone heads were in northern Alberta archery elk hunting. Elk jumps out in front of them guy rushes and takes a bad shot. Elk runs out into a big field buddy takes an even worse Long range shot actually hits the bull in a decent spot and kills it. Couldn't believe they aired that show and were proud of the high skill level displayed.
x2, Jason Petersen was the best IMO and a great loss and mentor for the hunting and filming community. I also cancelled my WildTV subscription last year and haven't missed it.
Much better sources to use and you can choose what to watch. Jordan Walsh and his shows definitely don't make the cut......
Old 03-31-2021, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303 Hunter View Post
Maybe the members of the Alberta outdoorsmen should start our own hunting show casting our Members. Since very few like what others are making.
I’d be in for this
Have a few world class trips lined up
I enjoy sharing my adventures
But I could careless about being on tv or selling my soul for sponsors
Old 03-31-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:

Excellent idea excepting most of us work for a living and aren't dorks.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
If you are buddies with him, you should have him take this, and other threads to heart. Everyone has room to grow, and if you are on tv, as he is, you best listen to your audience.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I doubt that many AO members would show up at Camp Wainwright to hunt moose, and then realize that they forgot to purchase their tag.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:30 PM

Yah. He forgot the tag and when they did go hunting shot a bull SKYLINED on a hill in the camp with a lot of other hunters in the camp hunting. He should learn to shut up and talk a lot less also
Old 03-31-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I saw the beginning of the episode then promptly turned the channel. You are correct about the Sask rules but they were on an Indian reserve and get to hunt under a different set of rules
Old 04-01-2021, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post

I have heard it said there are no bad archery follow up shots. I'm not sure if I can disagree. Safety aside.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:59 PM

But can you shoot TWO whitetail bucks in one year ? And a mule deer, moose and elk ? The game population otta atay REAL STABLE on that reserve !!!
Old 04-01-2021, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
But can you shoot TWO whitetail bucks in one year ? And a mule deer, moose and elk ? The game population otta atay REAL STABLE on that reserve !!!
You can shoot as many as you want to pay for
Old 04-02-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I thought this was about Chuck Conners from the old 50s TV show.
These modern TV hunting shows are all about just killing stuff I don't watch them. Back in the 60s and 70s guys like Gordon Eastman or Red Fisher it was all about the trip. It was more about how you did things than the results.
I was hoping it was about the man that played ol Lucas McCain! My other half is a relative of his. Chuck’s folks are from the rock. His lineage and life story is more interesting to me than anything I’ve seen on Wild TV.. lol
Carry on.....