Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-28-2021, 12:39 AM

Default Raft suggestions

I’m looking for a 3 man inflatable raft . I’ve been looking and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best rafts to get. Obviously the flycraft looks pretty great I’m wondering if there’s any local companies in western Canada that make them. I seen there’s the catcher craft coho raft looks pretty sweet and durable. I just basically am looking for the best bang for my buck. Scadden was in my price range but I kinda want something more heavy duty as they seem a bit light and not sure if they’d handle a 2.5 hp weighing them down very well. That being said I won’t have one on much as I will be mainly floating trout streams in it but for when I do the odd lake it be nice to throw one on. Don’t really wanna spend the 5k on the fly craft, so if you all have any suggestions or know of guys selling them it would be nice. I’m heading to the oldman thurs-mon and also wondering if anyone knows a raft rental place possibly? Will be drifting with a guiding outfit Saturday so I’m stoked on that.. anyways all info is helpful .
Old 03-28-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamehunter View Post
I’m looking for a 3 man inflatable raft . I’ve been looking and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best rafts to get. Obviously the flycraft looks pretty great I’m wondering if there’s any local companies in western Canada that make them. I seen there’s the catcher craft coho raft looks pretty sweet and durable. I just basically am looking for the best bang for my buck. Scadden was in my price range but I kinda want something more heavy duty as they seem a bit light and not sure if they’d handle a 2.5 hp weighing them down very well. That being said I won’t have one on much as I will be mainly floating trout streams in it but for when I do the odd lake it be nice to throw one on. Don’t really wanna spend the 5k on the fly craft, so if you all have any suggestions or know of guys selling them it would be nice. I’m heading to the oldman thurs-mon and also wondering if anyone knows a raft rental place possibly? Will be drifting with a guiding outfit Saturday so I’m stoked on that.. anyways all info is helpful .
Personally I like the NRS line up.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:49 AM

Pretty much 2 ways to go...

NRS (made in the USA - for their higher end models)

and made in China (pretty my everything else).

Different price points, different quality, different warranty.

You get what you pay for!!

That being said... Always quite a few used ones being sold (usually the one's made in China - but once in a while an NRS one pops up fully decked out)... If you are patient you will find a decent deal... Be sure to look for one with a trailer as they are a pain in the butt to break down and set up every trip!

-Confucius
Old 03-30-2021, 08:38 PM

Thumbs up Rafts

You might check these guys out ...... they make a good product and are about as local as you will get around here http://www.catchercraft.com/
Old 03-30-2021, 08:46 PM

http://www.bowriverboats.com

I have no experience with them but I do know a guy who has their single person inflatable. Pretty sweet. Yes, made in Asia and probably not as good quality as the north american counter parts, but my friend's boat has not fallen apart on him in 5 years of use.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:31 PM

Check out this Kijiji ad:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camp...son/1558523450
Old 04-01-2021, 08:02 PM

Save your loonies, buy an NRS or AIRE, cry once.