Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-22-2019, 10:17 AM

Default Jigging JawJacker VS JawJacker Trout Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdnYzWPv-nk

Rainbow Trout Action on the JawJacker and Jigging JawJacker devices on the trout pond here on the west coast of Canada. We had a cold snap while the rest of the country was freezing we got cold enough to freeze the pond and create a little ice fishing at home. So I know people have asked for a test and I know the results will vary depending on the day, but here is test number one. I set up two Jigging JawJackers and 2 JawJackers all with the same Atomic Waxworm Tungsten jig and nightcrawler from Backcountry Tackle. Check out this video. Hope you enjoy it. Even got a crazy double header at the end of the video.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 02-24-2019, 12:42 PM

Here is another video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9U1...51036057810411

How To Use a Jigging Jaw Jacker Ice Fishing for Rainbow Trout. Well it's been a long time coming and finally got a lavalier microphone. Thanks for putting up with the terrible sound all these years and still watching and following. I hope this makes the videos more enjoyable. I'm still working out the kinks. So there was one shot where it cut out. Bare with me. I may need a new comp now, seems that is how this stuff goes since doesn't seem to handle all the details for editing vary well. Hope my timing is ok and lips are not way off from the sound. This is new to me, I'll get it figured out. You just sit back and enjoy. Let me know what you think.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 02-24-2019, 06:48 PM

I was going to ask you about the spring missing from the first one but you talked about it. I've only used my once so far and it didn't catch me a white. I put the spring in place though as I was thinking it would set off the JJ if it hit the plastic... at least that was my thinking but I see that you really do not need it. It is kind of annoying to put in place anyways...I find.

Crazy! Ice fishing and open water fishing in the same area. That is a new one to me.

Interesting how the jiggers get the job done on round two. Good vids.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
I was going to ask you about the spring missing from the first one but you talked about it. I've only used my once so far and it didn't catch me a white. I put the spring in place though as I was thinking it would set off the JJ if it hit the plastic... at least that was my thinking but I see that you really do not need it. It is kind of annoying to put in place anyways...I find.

Crazy! Ice fishing and open water fishing in the same area. That is a new one to me.

Interesting how the jiggers get the job done on round two. Good vids.
I had to increase the tension on the JJ substantially because of vibration created by the tooth wheel that was the causing the trigger to release. To prove this I set up the Jigging JJ with the fishing line out of the groove and my bait on the surface of the ice. With no line weight on the trigger, the trigger eventually released due to vibration induced by the tooth wheel. It took a while to figure this out but it is now performing great with much more tension added to the trigger.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I had to increase the tension on the JJ substantially because of vibration created by the tooth wheel that was the causing the trigger to release. To prove this I set up the Jigging JJ with the fishing line out of the groove and my bait on the surface of the ice. With no line weight on the trigger, the trigger eventually released due to vibration induced by the tooth wheel. It took a while to figure this out but it is now performing great with much more tension added to the trigger.
Yup I think I mentioned that in the video. You definitely need more tension on the rigger with the jigger.