Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-15-2018, 10:55 PM

Keg, the very title of the thread is condescending......so there will be people give some back. Period. Most of the game I've harvested has been with an '06, some with a 270, but there is a fair # down with both my 300WM. Not sure if that makes me a manly man...........as long as the light cartridge fan boys keep spreading their gospel, there will be atheists taking them to task.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 12-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
as long as the light cartridge fan boys keep spreading their gospel, there will be atheists taking them to task.
Wow. Seriously?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Keg, the very title of the thread is condescending......so there will be people give some back. Period. Most of the game I've harvested has been with an '06, some with a 270, but there is a fair # down with both my 300WM. Not sure if that makes me a manly man...........as long as the light cartridge fan boys keep spreading their gospel, there will be atheists taking them to task.
Perhaps you are right.

To me it looks as though it is the opposite though.

I don't see a lot of threads about how good the light kickers are and I don't see fans of the .308/6.5x55 class telling beginners that their choice of rifle is the only choice that works.

I do see that from a few in the hard kicker fan club.

But admittedly I don't read every thread so maybe I've missed the light kicker fans instigating these deputes. This thread is the first I've seen where that may be the case, which is why it looks to me as though it is the other way round.

Still, it seems to me that retaliating does nothing towards reducing the conflict.
I would think that simply pointing the offensive language would be more productive.

George Bernard Shaw