Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-26-2023, 05:25 PM

Default Eskimo 2iT

Any input? Thot I wanted a flip over but am interested in these hybrid models. I like the room they advertise cause I'm normally fishing with kids. Seems like if you made sure to put the back to the wind it should be stable. I'm already using older model eskimo hub style and have no complaints. Just like the idea of a self contained unit.
Thanks
Old 12-26-2023, 07:20 PM

I forgot about this shelter...had to go look at it online. I don't see a lot good about it. And I especially think with more than two people it would be uncomfortably tight. Flip shelters really aren't made for taking the kids out IMO unless you get something huge like the Otter Resort. But then you need something to tow it with. Honestly, if taking kids out is your main use, I'd stick with a hub and just get a sled to pull it around.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:39 AM

I had a 2it for a few years. It was definitely a good quality Eskimo product overall. Had a skin issue but warranty service was amazing as always. The design though to fold up and setup could be a pain with any sort of wind. Also the way it folded into the sled took away alot of storage space. Def with kids you will want to bring enough gear and the 2it will not hold that. I have an Eskape 2600 now and love it. So much easier set up and tear down as well as storage. Both weigh a ton so a machine to pull it is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2023, 10:25 AM

Thanks guys. My bro has a huge lodge that he over nights in but for day stuff he uses his flip with his daughter and usually 1 other guy and it works great. Way less work for day trips then the big one. I bought 2 hubs and a gas auger about 16-17 yrs ago for about the same $ as my Ion. So having some sticker shock at the price of these new tents. I still fish alone or at least without the kids about 50% of the time so think a flip is what I'm looking for. But definitely appreciate the input from you guys.

Last edited by bearb8er; 12-27-2023 at 10:43 AM.