Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-13-2023, 04:34 PM

Default Eskimo quickfish3 $269 @ Costco

Walking into Costco and saw they have the Eskimo quickfish3 for $269 . About $100 cheaper than most retailer. Plus you get the Costco no hassle return
Old 09-13-2023, 08:07 PM

which Costco?
Old 09-14-2023, 12:30 PM

I just picked one up on yellow head trail .I thought they would have been sold out when I got there but they have lots of them .
Old 09-14-2023, 10:04 PM

Just waiting for the electric augers to show up in a few weeks
Old 09-15-2023, 12:12 AM

Thanks!

Will definitely pick up an electric auger if they did sell it.
Old 09-17-2023, 11:09 AM

St. Albert has the 10 inch Ions for $699 in store
Old 09-28-2023, 09:30 PM

There are a bunch of quickfish3 shelters and ion augers at the Buffalo Run Costco in Calgary. I picked up a quick fish for 269.
Old 09-29-2023, 07:11 AM

You sure can see how the other fishing stores are ripping use off when they charge $100 more . And Costco is still making a profit at $269.
Old 09-29-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
You sure can see how the other fishing stores are ripping use off when they charge $100 more . And Costco is still making a profit at $269.
Pretty sure it has to do with the volume Costco buys. Costco buys in huge numbers whereas the smaller shops aren’t. Only makes sense they would get it for cheaper and in this case are actually passing the savings on. No different than a bass pro shop selling Mercury outboards for cheaper than other mercury dealers. It’s all about numbers.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Pretty sure it has to do with the volume Costco buys. Costco buys in huge numbers whereas the smaller shops aren’t. Only makes sense they would get it for cheaper and in this case are actually passing the savings on. No different than a bass pro shop selling Mercury outboards for cheaper than other mercury dealers. It’s all about numbers.
You don't see them at every Costco store or even on line ,just a few stores sell them , so i don't think they buy anymore than Cabelas does .
It would be Cabelas better interest to sell them at at a lower price and get the buyer foot in their store and then they would buy other products .
Old 09-29-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Costco has a unique business model with the memberships, it generates near 4 billion alone. The profit margin in around 10% on product.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:17 AM

The trick with Costco on matters of Novelty, is that they will go to suppliers and ask what they want to clear, for a VERY GOOD DEAL.

I bought a Top of the Line Propane BBQ in January, only 4 on the floor, no more inventory coming. Stupid cheap price. Only at the Sherwood Park Costco though. I walked away, changed my mind, went to the West End Costco, and nothing. Had to go back to Sherwood Park Costco!

Many times I have seen a few of these sorts of items, for knock out prices.

Costco has a marketing strategy, and this information is from a former Costco Department Manager, to have these "Easter eggs" on the floor at all times possible. They want people to do the impulse buy knowing it is a fantastic price, and when gone, its gone.

If you watch, sometimes you will see Mariner size coolers for dirt cheap out of season. Same idea. Come often and get a surprise!

As for the pop up tent at that price, yes its a deal. If you want it, buy it quick.

Drewski
Old 09-30-2023, 07:12 AM

Promote small business

https://thefishinhole.com/eskimo-qui...b-shelter.html
Old 09-30-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2017 View Post
Maybe the fishing hole should support the smaller weekend fishermen that makes 1/8 of what the owner makes in a year .
They can do this by lowering there price , this way they will get more people threw their doors !
Making money by selling by volume at a lower price rather than selling high.
This brings people in from farther places also .
This is how Cabelas started . We all used to order from them in the 80s threw their catalog before they came to Canada .
Old 11-28-2023, 09:44 AM

Costco Calgary NW still has them in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2023, 11:23 AM

They also have Gen1 ions for sale as well in the Leduc location
Old 11-28-2023, 04:00 PM

Yellowhead costco has the Eskimo 3 tent for $199.99 must had had about 20 on the pile yesterday
Old 11-28-2023, 04:41 PM

I was in the southside Cabela's in Edmonton on Saturday and had an Alpha Plus on the dolly. A fellow asked me if I saw the ION on sale at Princess Auto. I looked it up and they were blowing out G2s. The manager at the west end TFH also tried to sell me a G2 back in October at a blowout price. I don't think he ever did clue in to who I was. I 100% agree if you see any Ardisam products at Costco, they all but gave them away to clear out discontinued inventory.

Don't buy a G2. They were discontinued for battery issues and aren't interchangeable with Gen 1 or Gen 3 batteries...they are obsolete. An auger with a Gen 1 battery is fine as they can also use the Gen 3 batteries in an Alpha. Just be aware they won't cut anywhere near as fast as an Alpha or likely any of the other current generation 40V augers.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
I was in the southside Cabela's in Edmonton on Saturday and had an Alpha Plus on the dolly. A fellow asked me if I saw the ION on sale at Princess Auto. I looked it up and they were blowing out G2s. The manager at the west end TFH also tried to sell me a G2 back in October at a blowout price. I don't think he ever did clue in to who I was. I 100% agree if you see any Ardisam products at Costco, they all but gave them away to clear out discontinued inventory.

Don't buy a G2. They were discontinued for battery issues and aren't interchangeable with Gen 1 or Gen 3 batteries...they are obsolete. An auger with a Gen 1 battery is fine as they can also use the Gen 3 batteries in an Alpha. Just be aware they won't cut anywhere near as fast as an Alpha or likely any of the other current generation 40V augers.
I know you’ve posted cool reviews and mods to ice shelters… but who are you? Haha
Old 11-28-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
I know you’ve posted cool reviews and mods to ice shelters… but who are you? Haha
Old 11-29-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Lol. I'm a peon. But I'm a peon with a pretty decent knowledge of hardwater fishing.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Lol. I'm a peon. But I'm a peon with a pretty decent knowledge of hardwater fishing.
I agree

Peons in a pod.....

You, me and many others.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-29-2023, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Fair enough! Cheers
Old 12-13-2023, 12:30 PM

Anyone see any more of these at costco lately?
Old 12-13-2023, 01:25 PM

My wife told me she saw them selling ice fishing tents at the Grande Prairie Costco this past weekend. I asked here what color they were and she said red. That's all the intel I can offer.
Old 12-15-2023, 08:24 AM

Red Deer Costco still has the Gen 1 Ion's and Quickfish 3 in stock as of last night. Probably a dozen of each. I think it was $500 for the auger. Shelter was $200, down from $270. Easy pit stop for those traveling along the Calgary-Edmonton corridor.
Old 12-15-2023, 08:23 PM

Costco in Edmonton on 149 Street and Yellowhead had about a dozen of tents stacked up yesterday.