Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
now that sounds like a hardcore guy to me as he'd surely qualify for crossbow use anyhow...those archery diehards eh
Yup Kevin Evans , and he's one of Canada's best shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post

i'm sorry but once again if you wanted to cruise the roads and kick the door open on stuff then the compound wins again....here is where vertical would definitely be an advantage....i can't imagine driving around with a loaded crossbow in a vehicle and trying to get the thing out of an open door...you crack me up....i forgot what a poachers tool it was

D

Stinky It'a already happening, that's the problem. I witnessed twice, and reported it. The avg crossbow hunter has already painted the picture of an old coyote, an oppoturnist, looking to ride the coat tails of the Bowhunters. Trying to accomplish the most with the least amount of work.

Let them fight for their own season, perhaps at the end and let it co inside with muzzleloaders in there own primitive weapon season. That would be an acceptable answer, that would satisfy everyone I believe.

Remember It was certain bowhunters , and ranchers in the bow zone 212 that helped push, and petition for sunday hunting, no one else helped them, but the benefit was seen through out the hunting community. Even if the xbow passes, i'm sure the same ranchers might come together not to allow xbows on their property......Then what does allowing xbows accomplish??

Only bad things could come from allowing xbows to coinside with archery season, and we don't have the resources to curb it at the end.