Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 AM

Default Really?

Alright gentlemen enough with the name calling and personal attacks! Get this thread back on topic already. There was some really good discussion until some of you decided to turn this into a personal bashing thread.

Morb
Old 04-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

Do you have anything remotely relevent to the discussion at hand to add, or is it time to admit that the bowhunters have a stronger point?

And ya, its been done to death Rich. You and I have spoken about it via pm and I have every intention of making it right for you. People make mistakes, what in the world does that have to do with this debate?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Thanks for owning up Whitetailer. No crooks allowed on this forum, especially you!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post
Thanks for owning up Whitetailer. No crooks allowed on this forum, especially you!
Ahhhh....that feels better already!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Gone Hunting

Thats too bad. Just when some victims were about to have some fun with him.. Really too bad about his latest dealings in the for sale forum, looks like his latest """work""" may go unfinished..

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I'll likely regret this and I promissed myself I'd stay out of this discussion but your facts are so flawed that it's frightening. This post is in no way in regards to the inclusion of x-bows in archery season or a shot against archers as I am one but I'm simply pointing out the folly of your, flawed logic that you seem to be using as factual evidence to support your arguement.

You say there are only three, tiny archery only zones. How many rifle-only zones are there? None that I'm aware of.

There are archery tackle exclusive seasons throughout the province in nearly every WMU for most species save sheep and black bears and in many of the cases they run twice the length of the rifle season. How many seasons do rifle hunters have where archers are prohibited from hunting in? Again, none that I'm aware of. Archers have many seasons in which they exclusively can participate in without drawing a tag. How many seasons are there where rifle hunters can exclusively participate in in without drawing a tag. Again none that aren't also open to archers.

Archers have it darned good in this province and I'm a big supporter of the archery seasons but as much as I'll likely regret this, I couldn't help but posting and pointing out how out of touch with reality you really are. It's guys like you that are becoming the poster child for those pushing for the inclusion of crossbows in archery season. You need look no further than the mirror to see your own worst enemy!

First off at the start of my post i said "This is a comparison in MY MIND." I never once said these are facts.

How many rifle only season are there? Pretty much all of them after rifle opens. We can't use a bow during rifle season TJ.

I know and understand the seasons perfectly fine TJ. What i'm trying to say it if XBows are allowed then rifle/xbow hunters get the entire season to hunt everywhere in Alberta. We get lots of WMU's until rifle opens then what??? THE BOW ZONES. So we end up with give or take 2 months. While rifle hunters get 3+ months.

Last edited by BowhuntAB; 04-14-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:00 AM

Not to pick on you, but we are permitted to use archery tackle during the general season.

It is however, the most useless undertaking I have ever endured. Having people drive up to me, ask how the hunting is. Driving by my treestand & totally oblivious to my presence. (on land closed to rifle hunting no less!)

I'm really looking forward to this new phase of the Alberta hunting regimen. It's going to be great especially after they finish fixing the draw system that isn't even broken right now.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Not to pick on you, but we are permitted to use archery tackle during the general season.

It is however, the most useless undertaking I have ever endured. Having people drive up to me, ask how the hunting is. Driving by my treestand & totally oblivious to my presence. (on land closed to rifle hunting no less!)

I'm really looking forward to this new phase of the Alberta hunting regimen. It's going to be great especially after they finish fixing the draw system that isn't even broken right now.
I think that's what he meant too.

You mean the guys that drove up to you weren't bowhunting..imagine.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntAB View Post
First off at the start of my post i said "This is a comparison in MY MIND." I never once said these are facts.

LMAO...that wins for quote of the week. Never let facts get in the way of a good arguement.

How many rifle only season are there? Pretty much all of them after rifle opens. We can't use a bow during rifle season TJ.

Is this another of those in your mind things? Of course you can use your bow in any general rifle season. There's absolutely nothing preventing it and you can use it in any draw season that you have the draw for. There are NO exclusive rifle seasons...although your mind may differ

I know and understand the seasons perfectly fine TJ. What i'm trying to say it if XBows are allowed then rifle/xbow hunters get the entire season to hunt everywhere in Alberta. We get lots of WMU's until rifle opens then what??? THE BOW ZONES. So we end up with give or take 2 months. While rifle hunters get 3+ months.Apparently you don't understand the regulations. You can hunt with your bow through the archery and rifle season provided you have the appropriate tags. I say again, there are no exclusive rifle seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus how on earth do you figure rifle hunters get more months than archers. In the north and moountains in might be true but in central and southern Alberta, the areas of greatest population it most definitely isn't true.

You should really check the regs out one day...you are missing out on some good reading.

And here I thought I was going to regret this...thanks for the laughs. I'm sure your other thoughts in this thread are equally well informed?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post

I agree Russ. Thats what i meant. Waste of time.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
You should really check the regs out one day...you are missing out on some good reading.
Please don't talk to me like i don't know what i'm talking about. I spend more time out then most guys do.

By the way i read the reg's inside and out after ripping out the useless articals in the back.

I'M NOT MISSING A THING TJ.
Have you ever tried Bowhunting in a rifle zone during the general season?
ITS A WASTE OF TIME!

Maybe in some remote area we may have a chance but for the most part its kinda hard to get close to animals that have been pushed, chased and shot at from half a mile away! Trust me, i've tryed. I had a guy shoot a moose from 400 yards away while i was 100 yards from it. This was after spending an hour getting close. To make matters worse he shot it off the road while parked right behind me.

Maybe in the future i will cut out the sarcasim and do a little less beating around the bush so you can understand what i'm saying.

Then again that might just get me banned. Just like everyone else that seems to have a voice on the subject.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntAB View Post
Then again that might just get me banned. Just like everyone else that seems to have a voice on the subject.
Guess some never learn.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
I think that's what he meant too.

You mean the guys that drove up to you weren't bowhunting..imagine.
Don't you also hunt with a rifle potty or are you the one exception to the gun touting redneck that never gets out of the truck and drives on private property and shoots out the window? It must be tough with all the pressure of being the only law-abiding rifle hunter in Alberta. I appreciate the fact that you don't want crossbows in Alberta and I actually share some of your concerns but your eliteist, superior morality attitude is just plain sickening. There are good hunters of every dicipline out there and for you to set yourself on a pedestal above all other really speaks to your character. As I said earlier, if crossbows are allowed in Alberta one day, you need look no further than the mirror to see the reason.

I know several people that have read this thread that have sent letters to the government in support of crossbows for no other reason than they are sick of the elitist attitude portrayed by many of you. It ain't helping your cause, I can tell you that.

There are arguements to be made against crossbows but it isn't because rifle hunters and potential crossbow users aren't in the same super hunter league as you.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Don't you also hunt with a rifle potty or are you the one exception to the gun touting redneck that never gets out of the truck and drives on private property and shoots out the window? It must be tough with all the pressure of being the only law-abiding rifle hunter in Alberta. I appreciate the fact that you don't want crossbows in Alberta and I actually share some of your concerns but your eliteist, superior morality attitude is just plain sickening. There are good hunters of every dicipline out there and for you to set yourself on a pedestal above all other really speaks to your character. As I msaid earlier, if crossbows are allowed in Alberta one day, you need look no further than the mirror to see the reason.

I know several people that have read this thread that have sent letters to the government in support of crossbows for no other reason than they are sick of the elitist attitude portrayed by many of you. It ain't helping your cause, I can tell you that.

There are arguements to be made against crossbows but it isn't because rifle hunters and potential crossbow users aren't in the same super hunter league as you.
Amen!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Don't you also hunt with a rifle potty or are you the one exception to the gun touting redneck that never gets out of the truck and drives on private property and shoots out the window?
It must be tough with all the pressure of being the only law-abiding rifle hunter in Alberta. I appreciate the fact that you don't want crossbows in Alberta and I actually share some of your concerns but your eliteist, superior morality attitude is just plain sickening. There are good hunters of every dicipline out there and for you to set yourself on a pedestal above all other really speaks to your character.As I said earlier, if crossbows are allowed in Alberta one day, you need look no further than the mirror to see the reason.

Don't get your panties in a knot, I make a sarcastic comment and you lose it, you and others have made enough on here.....Perhaps you don't bow hunt enough to understand what we go through in an average season. Sometimes I feel its border line discrimmination. Yes there are good apples, unfortunatley the majority we remember are the rotten ones.Almost Every bowhunter will have a couple of stories like that, get used to it.

That goes both ways, and alot have read this and been swayed by how professionals react to people. Hunter who didn't even know this was a consideration.....Everyone has a man high up don't they!!

Thank you!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Don't you also hunt with a rifle potty or are you the one exception to the gun touting redneck that never gets out of the truck and drives on private property and shoots out the window? It must be tough with all the pressure of being the only law-abiding rifle hunter in Alberta. I appreciate the fact that you don't want crossbows in Alberta and I actually share some of your concerns but your eliteist, superior morality attitude is just plain sickening. There are good hunters of every dicipline out there and for you to set yourself on a pedestal above all other really speaks to your character. As I said earlier, if crossbows are allowed in Alberta one day, you need look no further than the mirror to see the reason.

Thankyou for saying exactly what I have been thinking as well.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

I know I dont say much on this forum, but how is it that 209x50 and Packhuntr are not subject to the same discipline as others? They have done the same thing recently as what just happened in this thread. Packhuntr's new signature line really shows everyone his maturity with every post.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Don't get your panties in a knot, I make a sarcastic comment and you lose it, you and others have made enough on here.....Perhaps you don't bow hunt enough to understand what we go through in an average season. Sometimes I feel its border line discrimmination. Yes there are good apples, unfortunatley the majority we remember are the rotten ones.Almost Every bowhunter will have a couple of stories like that, get used to it.
It was hardly one sarcastic comment. You've been going on for pages about how superior you are and what moralistic slobs that rifle hunters and potential crossbow users are. I frightens me but I think you actually believe it. What purpose does posting that on a public messageboard serve other than to give all hunters a black eye.

I've had bad occasional experiences with hunters of every discipline, including bow hunters but I don't go around bad mouthing complete groups of hunters on a public messageboard because of a bad experience or two. There are far more good, law-abiding hunters in all groups than there are bad ones and for you to paint entire groups with one brush while spouting your own superiority is certainly not in the best interest of promoting hunting.

I think you forgot to answer my question. You hunt with a rifle don't you? Are you the one exception to your characterization of rifle hunters?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
It was hardly one sarcastic comment. You've been going on for pages about how superior you are and what moralistic slobs that rifle hunters and potential crossbow users are. I frightens me but I think you actually believe it. What purpose does posting that on a public messageboard serve other than to give all hunters a black eye.

I've had bad occasional experiences with hunters of every discipline, including bow hunters but I don't go around bad mouthing complete groups of hunters on a public messageboard because of a bad experience or two. There are far more good, law-abiding hunters in all groups than there are bad ones and for you to paint entire groups with one brush while spouting your own superiority is certainly not in the best interest of promoting hunting.

I think you forgot to answer my question. You hunt with a rifle don't you? Are you the one exception to your characterization of rifle hunters?
Now your over exagerating again.

And yes I do hunt with a rifle, only for sheep, and only cause I've never seen a truck ontop of a mountain, so i personally feel safe.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
sheephunter

Quote:

And yes I do hunt with a rifle, only for sheep, and only cause I've never seen a truck ontop of a mountain, so i personally feel safe.
Sadly I'm not and your comment right here confirms that. I'm not sure why attitudes like yours constantly surprise me but they do. Ugh......

Again I ask....

Are you the one exception to your characterization of rifle hunters?

Last edited by sheephunter; 04-14-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Again I ask....
Good luck with that question Sheep. I tried to get a straight answer from these guys on a few issues a while ago and gave up. Glad to see that a couple have been dismissed.

It sure gets old!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbAngler View Post

It sure gets old!
Yes it sure does. I fully appreciate that many hunters are opposed to crossbows in archery season and I share many of their concerns but what I can't share is their constant degradation of non-bow hunters. I doesn't serve any useful purpose that I can see. Hunters bashing hunters, ya, that helps the future of hunting in Alberta....ugh.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:04 PM

I too share some of their concerns, but I don't believe the doom and gloom scenarios they painted will come to pass. The evidence in other parts of the country (and USA) suggests otherwise.

It was a good discussion while it lasted.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Come on now, never hunted anything besides sheep with a rifle? Not even elk? You sure didn't seem to have this "high horse" attitude when I met you the once
Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Come on now, never hunted anything besides sheep with a rifle? Not even elk? You sure didn't seem to have this "high horse" attitude when I met you the once
I don't have a high horse attitude, I'm just exhausted from hearing hunters bash Bowhunters.Jealousy for the hard work certain bow hunting associations have put in are now at risk to lose everything.Most bowhunters left the rifle world , because of the growing problems, accidents and they desired a more challenging form of hunting.

Sharing with crossbows will ruin everything that Bowhunters have build as a reputation. Most bowhunters spend more days in the field, than the average hunter, but share less of a harvest rate im sure.

Having peole attempting to discredit anything we say , cause it hasn't happended to them, but they hunt north of high level isn't an educated answer.
Nor is making a wording mistake , when emotion levels are high, and having professionals trying to dimoralize you.

The Ironic part is some of the calmer discusions , still never had anyone answer certain questions from the pro xbows....but instead they through out sarcastic comments and verbal assaults, and bait some guys on here to get banned.

There are answers to this problem, but it's turned into a immature, outburst, with NOBODY attempting to take the higher ground.

I have my opinions, on Xbows, It's MY opinion and if you don't agree great....that's why this is an opinion form and not court.

Tj your answer to your question is Yes, I am one of many exceptions!

excuse the sp errors.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:37 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Unbelievable........... It must be nice to be you.....

Obviously us mere mortals have no business buying a hunting licence......ugh
Old 04-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable........... It must be nice to be you.....

Obviously us mere mortals have no business buying a hunting licence......ugh
Originally Posted by sheephunter
Again I ask....

Why are you saying your guilty of those things!!!......ughhhhh
Old 04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
sheephunter

In the brief time I've been involved in this thread I've learned:

1) It doesn't matter what the facts really are...it only matter how you see them in your mind and it's okay to totally discount them to serve your needs.

2) Bow hunters are superior hunters and are more dedicated hunters than rifle hunters, unless of course said bow hunter picks up a rifle and then that superiority follows him

3) Crossbow hunters would come exclusively from the ranks of rifle hunters despite countless evidence to the contrary in other jurisdictions.

4) Rifle hunters/wannabe crossbow hunters are hillbillies

5) All rifle hunters present a considerable danger to bow hunters sharing the field at the same time. So considerable that it keeps bow hunters out of the field.

6) Rifle hunters never get out of the truck, save for those few bow hunters that occasionally pick up a rifle when it suits their needs.

7) You can call yourself an exclusive bow hunter even though you occasionally hunt with a rifle.

Ya, I can't see how readers of this post could get a bad impression of bow hunters.......ugh

I'm glad I know a lot of other bowhunters potty......what I've read here could cause me to generalize about them and that would be wrong.......Thankfully, the vast majority I know share nothing in common with a few here and are a positive influence on hunting...not a negative.....

Many of them oppose crossbows and I respect their opinion and have learned for their thoughts. I can't say the same about you.......

Last edited by sheephunter; 04-14-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I don't have a high horse attitude, I'm just exhausted from hearing hunters bash Bowhunters. As we are all tired of hearing bowhunters, or actually I don't want to generalize, you, bash gun hunters.

Sharing with crossbows will ruin everything that Bowhunters have build as a reputation. The facts from other jurisdictions that have implemented this prove your expectation to be nothing more than an urban myth

The Ironic part is some of the calmer discussions , still never had anyone answer certain questions from the pro x bows....but instead they through out sarcastic comments and verbal assaults, and bait some guys on here to get banned. Bait some guys here to get banned???? Will you not take any responsibility for your actions? You were among the 1st to get emotional, dare I say angry about this whole topic! Did you momma not teach you that as soon as you get angry during an argument you have lost already......plain and simple!

There are answers to this problem, but it's turned into a immature, outburst, with NOBODY attempting to take the higher ground. I disagree, the only ones here who are being immature are several specific bow hunters, some of who are banned now due to their lack of said maturity.......

I have my opinions, on Xbows, It's MY opinion and if you don't agree great....that's why this is an opinion form and not court.Agreed, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, its when you start putting forth your opinion as fact that it tends to rub others the wrong way

After seeing your discourse on this topic I highly doubt it......(my opinion)

excuse the sp errors.

with the spell check on this system there is no excuse for laziness
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter
Again I ask....

Why are you saying your guilty of those things!!!......ughhhhh
In your mind obviously......you figure you are the one exception to your characterization of rifle hunters. My characterization is a bit different. Read it again..you'll slap yourself in the forhead and go, "Oh, I get what he means now"
Closed Thread