Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Yup, they'll kick you onto a reserve and give you hunting rights!!!bwaaaa ;-)
And many subsudies and no G.S.T and free education and a brand new house once you gualify with a chunk of land to go with it . Ya that sounds cruel
Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Respectfully CS, I find your posts to be antagonistic towards members of the AO forum.
Simple questions are asked and you answer with hyperbolie or don't answer at all.
Or change the subject or throw out an insult like telling a guy to go buy a guided hunt. Resident Albertans can not go buy a moose hunt in Alberta.

Your position would have more merrit if you entered into it equally and offererd and repected discussions from both sides.
I'm done beating this horse for a while. It ain't going anywhere.
I wish it could.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can, just buy a guided hunt.....lots of moose for your family. :-)
LOL, only if you buy me the hunt. Great where is the EQUALITY there, they dont have to but i have to for the same reasons as the natives, to feed our families, and if natives say that it is their TRADITION to hunt whenever then you hunt primative with what your ancestors used, NO ( fords, rifle, scopes, compound bows). In the video i see where they are feeding their families with elk using white man made products to asist. CANT HAVE BOTH. Either purly traditional hunts which i am totally fine with, or use white man made products which they are and abide by the whiteman hunting rules. ONE OR THE OTHER.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyd View Post
And many subsudies and no G.S.T and free education and a brand new house once you gualify with a chunk of land to go with it . Ya that sounds cruel
No, First Nations never own reserveland, reserve land actually belongs to the government. If they buy their own land off reserve, they own it but they have to buy it the same as everyone else, they don't get any subsidies. As for GST, the only time they wouldn't pay GST is if the items they bought are delivered to the reserve. I highly doubt Best Buy or Walmart are going to deliver to the res so yes, they pay GST on items they purchase. Not all FN's have access to "free" education either. The money is budgeted to reserves from AANDC to the reserves based on population and other criteria. Once it's filtered through the AANDC bureaucrats, what ever is left over goes to the bands. Who ever council decides who will qualify is another story and quite often, it's very few who will qualify. Those off reserve don't stand a chance. I know of one reserve where I know people from, last year only 15 members qualified for post secondary education.

Last edited by Sporty; 01-04-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead7 View Post
, and if natives say that it is their TRADITION to hunt whenever then you hunt primative with what your ancestors used, NO ( fords, rifle, scopes, compound bows). In the video i see where they are feeding their families with elk using white man made products to asist. CANT HAVE BOTH. Either purly traditional hunts which i am totally fine with, or use white man made products which they are and abide by the whiteman hunting rules. ONE OR THE OTHER.
It does not matter what you think the natives say their tradition is! The natives as you call them were given very specific hunting rights and a specific time is allowed (all year long) and hunting areas are specific. Google it! Read it! It's a no brainer! What's all your prohib talk about using white man made modern products? Where do you get that hunts have to be traditional? Who says one or the other? YES THEY CAN HAVE BOTH! That was the deal! Get over it!

I am glad they are not using the same strategy that was used to limit their existence. Kill the buffalo! Eliminate their food! Those that don't die, move onto reservations!

This is the first time I have participated in on this type of thread. It's racist and ugly!

Last edited by covey ridge; 01-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Not all FN's do what these individuals did. Most I know hunt within regular hunting season. This was over kill, literally and there is no excuse for it but there is also no reason to lump all FN's in with these individuals.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper0067 View Post
so in the end we should all just really look at our selves before we freek out about what someone else is doing, cause i can bet 10 - 1 odds that if anyof us were standing at the edge of that field and know we can shoot all them elk, most of use would have pulled the trigger too...
I'd take that bet in a heartbeat! I was taught to only take what I needed and leave the rest. Even if it were legal to do, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would not shoot a whole bunch of elk or any other animal simply because I could!

I left one of my doe deer tags unfilled this year because I didn't need the meat. I had plenty of opportunities to fill it but I didn't need it. A doe with two fawn will still be around for next year!

WTH kind of way of thinking do you have?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
It does not matter what you think the natives say their tradition is! The natives as you call them were given very specific hunting rights and a specific time is allowed (all year long) and hunting areas are specific. Google it! Read it! It's a no brainer! What's all your prohib talk about using white man made modern products? Where do you get that hunts have to be traditional? Who says one or the other? YES THEY CAN HAVE BOTH! That was the deal! Get over it!
Because TRADITIONAL is what natives scream ( i also have better names for them) when something threatens their hunting privleges. No the deal was all this garbage ABOUT thier traditional ways of life. Oh and i will GET OVER IT when i get the same EQUALITY or get to live by the native so called way of life and hunt whenever i want.

No reservations we would live richer, you natives just do what we do.

Oh and by the way im not RASIST i actually love indian artifacts and very much respect the old indians that they tried to kill off and their way of life.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Respectfully CS, I find your posts to be antagonistic towards members of the AO forum.
Simple questions are asked and you answer with hyperbolie or don't answer at all.
Or change the subject or throw out an insult like telling a guy to go buy a guided hunt. Resident Albertans can not go buy a moose hunt in Alberta.

Your position would have more merrit if you entered into it equally and offererd and repected discussions from both sides.
I'm done beating this horse for a while. It ain't going anywhere.
I wish it could.

I'm antagonistic? Really....I've been called lazy, crooked, greedy, seeking handouts, etc etc etc. I've been accused of not working, not paying taxes....and you call me antagonistic? Really. :-)

I would say I'm defensive and perhaps combative....all I'm doing is offering another perspective. Do I think hunting rights are fair? No. Do I think all natives are fine upstanding honest Canadian citizens? No.

An albertan can buy a guided hunt in BC....and I wish these discussions would make even one bud think about what they are saying and how racist and hurtful it is. But that isn't our society....we will always have racists on both sides of the fence.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM

I used to work up in Cambridge Bay NWT....I was the only "whitey" my age in town....I experienced rascism and had to fight my way out of 2 situtations....lucky I came out on the right side.

So it is easy for people from both sides to sling insults....no community is immune to dishing or taking rascism.

LC
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
LOL, only if you buy me the hunt. Great where is the EQUALITY there, they dont have to but i have to for the same reasons as the natives, to feed our families, and if natives say that it is their TRADITION to hunt whenever then you hunt primative with what your ancestors used, NO ( fords, rifle, scopes, compound bows). In the video i see where they are feeding their families with elk using white man made products to asist. CANT HAVE BOTH. Either purly traditional hunts which i am totally fine with, or use white man made products which they are and abide by the whiteman hunting rules. ONE OR THE OTHER.

The law says it their Right. It's not something they can opt out of you know? Many that have Rights buy licenses and tags by free choice.

There is very little in this life that offers us Equality, and I could cite you several different examples...but I fear it would be a wasted breath because you appear to have sucked up all the racist rhetoric that is out there. Kenniwick man will come up next along with the traditional weapon arguement. :-)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I used to work up in Cambridge Bay NWT....I was the only "whitey" my age in town....I experienced rascism and had to fight my way out of 2 situtations....lucky I came out on the right side.

So it is easy for people from both sides to sling insults....no community is immune to dishing or taking rascism.

LC
Amen, true words and well said!! :-)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM

If you don't think that laws and regulations regarding subsistence hunting needs to be changed your a moron. Plain and simple. Hearing these arguments by covey ridge and CS that its "legal" so nobody has the right to complain is absurd.

I have seen and read about so much wildlife wasted by Natives that IMO they shouldn't be allowed to hunt any differently then any non-Native.

What treaty the Queen signed 300 years ago is ancient history, and should be torn up. I honestly believe it does a good portion of Natives more harm then good, and all in all is a huge waste of resources.

Jobs before non-Natives, No taxes, free $, free dental, free education, Welfare without question, all for what? Cause some 300 year old treaty? Please.

You have to buy a tag to keep a Walleye, if your lucky enough to catch a slot-size in only 2 of the hundreds of lakes in AB. Yet if your Native you can toss out nets?

I think the days of subsistence hunting and fishing are over. I watched that show on TLC or what not about fur trappers. I'm amazed that they all "Need" the furs to feed themselves, yet they all have $10,000 sleds, filled with $2/liter gas and Satellite TV at home. You really "Need" to trap a wild animal to earn $10 for its fur? After spending $10 in gas to go collect it?

Seeing all those Elk disgusts me even more on Native hunting practices. I'm sure its legal, but non-the-less disgusting.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
The law says it their Right. It's not something they can opt out of you know? Many that have Rights buy licenses and tags by free choice.

There is very little in this life that offers us Equality, and I could cite you several different examples...but I fear it would be a wasted breath because you appear to have sucked up all the racist rhetoric that is out there. Kenniwick man will come up next along with the traditional weapon arguement. :-)
Great i am talking about the ones who dont, and you can call me a racist when the government says i can stop paying and funding natives for their playtime, are you a native yourself by chance, it seems like everyone hits a nerve with you when they say a bad word about them.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 PM

Playdoh-- more animals are killed each year by trains than all the hunters and poachers combined. Perhaps there should be laws preventing it?
Is it really the huge number of animals taken under Constitutional Rights that bothers you?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Playdoh-- more animals are killed each year by trains than all the hunters and poachers combined. Perhaps there should be laws preventing it?
Is it really the huge number of animals taken under Constitutional Rights that bothers you?
Yes CANUCKSHOOTER, It does bother me. Is that so hard to understand? I highly doubt Subsistence hunting was factored in to that Train fact. Yet I'm equally as disgusted by that waste of wildlife.

Your implication that I'm racist are off base, I am simply offended by the waste I see Native's cause. Netting Walleye to the point of extinction so they can sell them to non-Natives, is one example. That went on for decades, and certainly still does where there are still fish to net.

CANUCKSHOOTER..... Whats your angle here? What point are you trying to prove? You seem astounded that you've been called an antagonist, yet all you do is argue peoples points?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM

The Rights vs privelege hunting threads are always a sore point and most always never lead to any resolve.

This hunt occured on private land that they had witten permission to hunt on. There were 12 First Nation hunters from a community of 1700 that took part in this hunt. Nothing illegal took place other than the lack of judgemnent they exibited in video taping and posting on face book which in turn led to the video being posted on Youtube.

As a person with Treaty Rights and someone who has hunted since he was 5 years old, and as a person who has hunted with a longbow for 27 years, I see a day where I as a Rights based hunter will have to get a license before I head out into the woods. With the introduction of Metis Rights, the ongoing loss of habitat and all of the other pressures put on the natural resources it is my personal opinion that the resource will not be able to withstand the assualt it is facing and will be facing in the future.

My only wish is that we as First Nations and Metis can be part of future management regimes that will be put in place to accomodate this change.

The Supreme Court of Canada in the Sparrow decision established a "pecking order" as to what the obligations of the crown are. The first responsibility is conservation of the resource; the second priority is held for Rights based hunters; the third priority is the resident hunters, the last in the order is the non resident hunter.

We hunters SOMEHOW need to get on the same page for the sake of the resource regardless of our differences. Governments even though they are responsible for the management of the resource do not have the solutions to this complex issue even more so if we all stay in our respective corners.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post

What treaty the Queen signed 300 years ago is ancient history, and should be torn up.
With all that dribble, you should get your time frame right! Way, way, less than 300 years ago
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Great i am talking about the ones who dont, and you can call me a racist when the government says i can stop paying and funding natives for their playtime, are you a native yourself by chance, it seems like everyone hits a nerve with you when they say a bad word about them.
Who says the taxes we pay is spent on natives? Governments collect income taxes, sales taxes, import and export charges and royalties from furs and the sale of natural resources (probably missed some income sources too). Once they collect all this money it belongs to the Crown and none of us gets a vote on how it's spent. :-)

Yes I am native, but not a real one under the laws of Canada. :-). Meaning I don't have the coveted status card, and I don't live on a reserve or off the monies some are provided by governments. :-).

Your right it does hit a nerve when my family is insulted and accused of every sin since creation. Hunting Rights are law because of sections within the Canadian Constitution...tell me how many natives wrote this legal document and how many voted on it. :-) Once you find the answer then blame every Canadian responsible for creating this situation....and quit blaming those that had sweet f$$$ all to do with drafting Canadian law.:-)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
With all that dribble, you should get your time frame right! Way, way, less than 300 years ago
Free history lesson

Quote:
Treaties with Aboriginal people in Canada

The Government of Canada and the courts understand treaties between the Crown and Aboriginal people to be solemn agreements that set out promises, obligations and benefits for both parties.
Starting in 1701, in what was to eventually become Canada, the British Crown entered into solemn treaties to encourage peaceful relations between First Nations and non-Aboriginal people. Over the next several centuries, treaties were signed to define, among other things, the respective rights of Aboriginal people and governments to use and enjoy lands that Aboriginal people traditionally occupied.
Treaties include historic treaties made between 1701 and 1923 and modern-day treaties known as comprehensive land claim settlements.
http://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/110.../1100100032292
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Who says the taxes we pay is spent on natives? Governments collect income taxes, sales taxes, import and export charges and royalties from furs and the sale of natural resources (probably missed some income sources too). Once they collect all this money it belongs to the Crown and none of us gets a vote on how it's spent. :-)

Yes I am native, but not a real one under the laws of Canada. :-). Meaning I don't have the coveted status card, and I don't live on a reserve or off the monies some are provided by governments. :-).

Your right it does hit a nerve when my family is insulted and accused of every sin since creation. Hunting Rights are law because of sections within the Canadian Constitution...tell me how many natives wrote this legal document and how many voted on it. :-) Once you find the answer then blame every Canadian responsible for creating this situation....and quit blaming those that had sweet f$$$ all to do with drafting Canadian law.:-)
Taxes are collected from me and do go to natives somewhere down the line. I am not saying all the problems of the world are because of natives, and i know the white men made it this way but there should be a new law for hunting rights and make them equal for everyone is all i am saying.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Yes CANUCKSHOOTER, It does bother me. Is that so hard to understand? I highly doubt Subsistence hunting was factored in to that Train fact. Yet I'm equally as disgusted by that waste of wildlife.

Your implication that I'm racist are off base, I am simply offended by the waste I see Native's cause. Netting Walleye to the point of extinction so they can sell them to non-Natives, is one example. That went on for decades, and certainly still does where there are still fish to net.

CANUCKSHOOTER..... Whats your angle here? What point are you trying to prove? You seem astounded that you've been called an antagonist, yet all you do is argue peoples points?
Just as many like to argue my points! :-). I am trying to point out that things are not so native/anti native there are a lot of factors in most issues. The train issue is to draw your attention to a much much larger conservation issue. You don't read people's threads complaining about this? I guess because it's not race related?

The worst waste I've ever seen of our wildlife resource was the half of moose a couple guys from Vancouver threw away in the bush...And I worked a commercial fishing boat once, and couldn't believe the unwanted fish killed and tossed. Everyone can probably relate different experiences. :-)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
If you don't think that laws and regulations regarding subsistence hunting needs to be changed your a moron. Plain and simple. Hearing these arguments by covey ridge and CS that its "legal" so nobody has the right to complain is absurd.
Who ever said you have no right to complain? Compain if you must! Complain about the bad deal that the governments made! It just sounds racist to claim that FN got it too good and just because they have one right that you don't have we must unite to take that away. You may not approve of their hunting method? So what! AO has always been divided about the other ethical hunting method or method of harvest. I expect nothing less or more on this thread! Their method of harvest, obviously does not fit your pious model. So what! At this point we have no information that it was not legal. We do not know how many hunters involved? How many families that would be fed? We do not know for sure if the animals were harvested from the same herd or from the same location? All most have concluded is those indians are doing it again and they have more rights that whites
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Taxes are collected from me and do go to natives somewhere down the line. I am not saying all the problems of the world are because of natives, and i know the white men made it this way but there should be a new law for hunting rights and make them equal for everyone is all i am saying.
I wouldn't have a problem with them changing the hunting laws, but I don't think it will happen in the near future because no government wants to take it on. Personally I don't think natives hunting is a real problem unless they are selling meat.....I see way way way more non natives hunting and understand their harvests are not the hardest strain on wildlife numbers. I'd put habitat loss, trains and predation at the top of the list. :-)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 PM

I can assure you CS I'm not racist, that's the truth. If the worst case of "waste" you've seen is some "guys from Vancouver", then you've had your eyes closed. Rather I think your trying to point the finger elsewhere cause you've been offended and feel you have to stand up for Natives.

Fair enough if you've been offended, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, yet I don't dance around the issue cause it might offend someone personally. Its Wildlife that were talking about being potentially wasted or needlessly killed.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:

Cant just sit here anymore. Some days I am ashamed to have native blood in me. Pretend hunger strikes, illegal blockades, blatant and outright ignorance and arrogance when it comes to "special" harvest rights are but a few drops in the bucket that have destroyed what was once a respected culture. Is this the case for all native people? No.. And I say native because there is a huge difference between a native and an Indian. We all know what an Indian is. A native however is a rare breed almost a mythical creature like a unicorn. Something that we all have heard about but rarely have we seen.

Treaties, hunting rights, fights over land ownership, bla bla bla. Its nothing now but a big messed up bowl of crap. There is so much history and resentment that a logical and ethical solution is far far beyond reach. It would take no less then the hand of god himself to clean up this mess.

Something that happened 500 years ago has nothing to do with me. If my great grandfather was in a resident home or cheated off his land by anyone. That sucks, thats part of sad story that mad this country what it is today. But does that make me drink, make me do crimes. Does that act from generations ago create so much resentment in me that for now and all days to come I need to hold a hatred in my heart till life's end. Do I teach that hate to my children? Do I forget about what a proud line of people I come from? How about I act the fool and disgrace the memory of all my for fathers by continuing to add to the demise of my own culture.

No I do not. I stand proud cherish the memories of the past both good and bad. Learn from them and create a future that the next generation can be proud of.

I can see a need to keep lands and culture alive as was done in the old ways. But this is not done to rub it in everyones face. This is not something that you should feel needs to be handed to you. You do this because its the right thing to do, because you are proud of your history.

Reserves should be able to hunt, fish, live as they feel fit "on native land" Off native lands everyone is governed by one rule one law for everyone. Punishable with the same standards as everyone els. Accountable just as every member on this forum is. The grants and "handouts" as some call it need to stop. This is not 1813 its 2013 time for a change.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Jus

The worst waste I've ever seen of our wildlife resource was the half of moose a couple guys from Vancouver threw away in the bush...And I worked a commercial fishing boat once, and couldn't believe the unwanted fish killed and tossed. Everyone can probably relate different experiences. :-)
The absolute worst waste I have seen happened a couple years ago. Non- natives AND unlicensed people shot and killed HUNDREDS of deer and let the majority of them go to waste. Pics to prove it. NO CHARGES.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:

Treaties with Aboriginal people in Canada

The Government of Canada and the courts understand treaties between the Crown and Aboriginal people to be solemn agreements that set out promises, obligations and benefits for both parties.
Starting in 1701, in what was to eventually become Canada, the British Crown entered into solemn treaties to encourage peaceful relations between First Nations and non-Aboriginal people. Over the next several centuries, treaties were signed to define, among other things, the respective rights of Aboriginal people and governments to use and enjoy lands that Aboriginal people traditionally occupied.
Treaties include historic treaties made between 1701 and 1923 and modern-day treaties known as comprehensive land claim settlements.

Since I do not want to throw around the M word just make a note of the bold part. Actually there are agreements later than 1923 Not quite as stale as the document that you wanted torn up. Since you posted this older document take note the words solemn agreements

If you object to the rights FN have do something about it other than pouting and blabbing every time something like this happens.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Cant just sit here anymore. Some days I am ashamed to have native blood in me. Pretend hunger strikes, illegal blockades, blatant and outright ignorance and arrogance when it comes to "special" harvest rights are but a few drops in the bucket that have destroyed what was once a respected culture. Is this the case for all native people? No.. And I say native because there is a huge difference between a native and an Indian. We all know what an Indian is. A native however is a rare breed almost a mythical creature like a unicorn. Something that we all have heard about but rarely have we seen.

Treaties, hunting rights, fights over land ownership, bla bla bla. Its nothing now but a big messed up bowl of crap. There is so much history and resentment that a logical and ethical solution is far far beyond reach. It would take no less then the hand of god himself to clean up this mess.

Something that happened 500 years ago has nothing to do with me. If my great grandfather was in a resident home or cheated off his land by anyone. That sucks, thats part of sad story that mad this country what it is today. But does that make me drink, make me do crimes. Does that act from generations ago create so much resentment in me that for now and all days to come I need to hold a hatred in my heart till life's end. Do I teach that hate to my children? Do I forget about what a proud line of people I come from? How about I act the fool and disgrace the memory of all my for fathers by continuing to add to the demise of my own culture.

No I do not. I stand proud cherish the memories of the past both good and bad. Learn from them and create a future that the next generation can be proud of.

I can see a need to keep lands and culture alive as was done in the old ways. But this is not done to rub it in everyones face. This is not something that you should feel needs to be handed to you. You do this because its the right thing to do, because you are proud of your history.

Reserves should be able to hunt, fish, live as they feel fit "on native land" Off native lands everyone is governed by one rule one law for everyone. Punishable with the same standards as everyone els. Accountable just as every member on this forum is. The grants and "handouts" as some call it need to stop. This is not 1813 its 2013 time for a change.
Wow and that is coming from a native himself, truly the best post on here. Well put.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
The Rights vs privelege hunting threads are always a sore point and most always never lead to any resolve.

This hunt occured on private land that they had witten permission to hunt on. There were 12 First Nation hunters from a community of 1700 that took part in this hunt. Nothing illegal took place other than the lack of judgemnent they exibited in video taping and posting on face book which in turn led to the video being posted on Youtube.

As a person with Treaty Rights and someone who has hunted since he was 5 years old, and as a person who has hunted with a longbow for 27 years, I see a day where I as a Rights based hunter will have to get a license before I head out into the woods. With the introduction of Metis Rights, the ongoing loss of habitat and all of the other pressures put on the natural resources it is my personal opinion that the resource will not be able to withstand the assualt it is facing and will be facing in the future.

My only wish is that we as First Nations and Metis can be part of future management regimes that will be put in place to accomodate this change.

The Supreme Court of Canada in the Sparrow decision established a "pecking order" as to what the obligations of the crown are. The first responsibility is conservation of the resource; the second priority is held for Rights based hunters; the third priority is the resident hunters, the last in the order is the non resident hunter.

We hunters SOMEHOW need to get on the same page for the sake of the resource regardless of our differences. Governments even though they are responsible for the management of the resource do not have the solutions to this complex issue even more so if we all stay in our respective corners.
Thanks for the information, that sure puts this case into perspective. I'm sure the meat will be shared with many from the community including elders.

This hunt of 12 elk is a mere drop in the bucket compared to the damage and loss of habitat that the NGPL may cause. I'm surprised more outdoorsmen aren't more vocal about the changes that Bill C-45 has in it that will accommodate big business allowing this pipeline to push through.

Quote:

I have seen and read about so much wildlife wasted by Natives that IMO they shouldn't be allowed to hunt any differently then any non-Native.

What treaty the Queen signed 300 years ago is ancient history, and should be torn up. I honestly believe it does a good portion of Natives more harm then good, and all in all is a huge waste of resources.

Jobs before non-Natives, No taxes, free $, free dental, free education, Welfare without question, all for what? Cause some 300 year old treaty? Please.

You have to buy a tag to keep a Walleye, if your lucky enough to catch a slot-size in only 2 of the hundreds of lakes in AB. Yet if your Native you can toss out nets?

I think the days of subsistence hunting and fishing are over. I watched that show on TLC or what not about fur trappers. I'm amazed that they all "Need" the furs to feed themselves, yet they all have $10,000 sleds, filled with $2/liter gas and Satellite TV at home. You really "Need" to trap a wild animal to earn $10 for its fur? After spending $10 in gas to go collect it?

Seeing all those Elk disgusts me even more on Native hunting practices. I'm sure its legal, but non-the-less disgusting.

Once last time, First Nations who live on reserve pay taxes on their income unless they're working for a reserve owned business. There are far more working FN's than people are willing to give them credit for and they make up part of the Canadian tax base.