Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Default Parts cars value

I have 2 cars, one or both of which I am going to sell for parts soon. I have a couple questions for someone with more experience than me.

1) what is the best way to sell a parts car in regards to value (pick n' pull, kijiji, etc)?

2) what is the approximate worth of these as parts cars:

2005 Toyota tundra 4x4: engine block ok, 210 000km on it. rad is toast, minor frame damage, hood, front left quarter panel, driver door damaged.

1999 Ford Explorer: runs, but idles low and quits occasionally. Loud as hell on the highway, hood and driver side front quarter panel damaged (this one wasn't me) 260 000km. I would sell it but I doubt it would pass the insurance inspection. I bought it for $1 000 and the only reason it passed was that the mechanic was the one selling it.

Thanks

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM

I sold my 98 explorer xlt with a blown motor and some body damage for 1200 bucks 3 yrs ago. As for the tundra, 15 to 20 % of its pre crash value is what you can expect. It will be looked at like salvage/a write off. Being a toyota, you might get more. Call some wreckers in Calgary and see what they will offer you and put it in kijiji. Someone might be needing a parts truck. You never know.