Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-29-2014, 10:58 AM

Default Fishing around Eureka, Montana

We are headed to a cabin near Eureka and near Lake Koocanoosa, and was wondering if there is any good smaller fishing lakes that anyone would recommend to me? I will have my 8 year old daughter with me who loves to fish.
Or should I leave my fishing gear at home?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:54 PM

You can try Sophie Lake or Glen Lake for rainbows or the tobacco river for cutthroats..don't forget your license...$25 for a two day non-resident...
Old 10-29-2014, 02:17 PM

Theres a tiny little lake right around The Wilderness Club golf course that has Bass or Crappie in it (Cant remember). Didn't get to fish it, but we saw a ton of fish surfacing.

Edit: It was Tetrault Lake.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
Theres a tiny little lake right around The Wilderness Club golf course that has Bass or Crappie in it (Cant remember). Didn't get to fish it, but we saw a ton of fish surfacing.

Edit: It was Tetrault Lake.
Also known as Carpenter lake...

Last year a local fishing beside me pulled out a nice 3lb rainbow...
Went out a couple of months ago and were catching numerous fingerling bass but did not see any in real size. Went up to sophie lake and headed north on the boat and not even a bite. As for Glen lake, according to a local that I was talking too, the perch are over taking this lake...Last time out, caught a bunch of perch and no Kokanee. You could try Murphy lake south of Eureka as there are tons of perch in there and I even pulled a Pike out of there ice fishing last year.

I always stop in at the Hunting/Fishing store when I go down. I cannot remember her name, but she is a wealth of information. The shop is located right across form Eureka Hardware store on Dewey Avenue
Old 11-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Also known as Carpenter lake...

Last year a local fishing beside me pulled out a nice 3lb rainbow...
Went out a couple of months ago and were catching numerous fingerling bass but did not see any in real size. Went up to sophie lake and headed north on the boat and not even a bite. As for Glen lake, according to a local that I was talking too, the perch are over taking this lake...Last time out, caught a bunch of perch and no Kokanee. You could try Murphy lake south of Eureka as there are tons of perch in there and I even pulled a Pike out of there ice fishing last year.

I always stop in at the Hunting/Fishing store when I go down. I cannot remember her name, but she is a wealth of information. The shop is located right across form Eureka Hardware store on Dewey Avenue
And that response is what this site is all about. You just received a wealth of information.

Great response and appreciated by all.