Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-12-2018, 09:55 PM

Default Ice Point on Eskimo Auger

Guys is it possible to fix the ice point on my auger if its wiggles side to side? I've tried tightening it with no luck. The loose Ice Point was causing my auger to wobble when drilling holes this past weekend.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:25 AM

remove it and see if the threads are stripped on it.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:01 AM

I believe it is just a plastic insert that holds them in place then a bolt and nut to secure it so it doesn't fall out. Maybe your insert is worn or something, hard to say without looking at it.

Take a look at it and remove the point to determine what is the issues. You may need a replacement ice point assembly if you can't fix it yourself.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
I believe it is just a plastic insert that holds them in place then a bolt and nut to secure it so it doesn't fall out. Maybe your insert is worn or something, hard to say without looking at it.

Take a look at it and remove the point to determine what is the issues. You may need a replacement ice point assembly if you can't fix it yourself.
Same thing happened to me. The plastic insert split..the point became dull as well from all the wobbling. I just replaced it..a few bucks, that's all.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italk2u View Post
Same thing happened to me. The plastic insert split..the point became dull as well from all the wobbling. I just replaced it..a few bucks, that's all.
I second that. I replaced the centre point and the bushing. Comes as a set from cabelas. What a difference.