Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 AM

Default BREAKING NEWS!! 4 dead in Fredericton

Live on CBC right now,some kind of shootout on Brookside Dr this morn,4 dead(presuming the gunman is one of those?)
I just cringe every time something like this happens,with the inevitable political grandstanding and calling for gun bans.
😣
Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM

I wonder if this is gang related, or something more sinister?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM

This is becoming all to common. Thoughts a prayers to all the families of the victims.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
This is becoming all to common. Thoughts a prayers to all the families of the victims.
Big question is WHY ???? As a society, we've developed ourselves into a position where too many people feel cornered, with no escape. Life is becoming way too complicated and ever more so, for an increasing number of people to deal with. Put too many rats in a box and they start killing each other.

Grizz
Old 08-10-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I wonder if this is gang related, or something more sinister?
I'm guessing it's a domestic thing?
Freddytown doesn't have gang violence,and the incident is in a quiet residential area.
Either that or another one of Jihadi Justin's returning "foreign travellers".....a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadan.😡

Last edited by West O'5; 08-10-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:36 AM

Just heard on the radio that two of the dead were police officers and it is still an active situation.

Edit: another news site said they have the shooter in custody.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Just heard on the radio that two of the dead were police officers and it is still an active situation.

Edit: another news site said they have the shooter in custody.
Four dead and now the taxpayers will pay to house the shooter, it would have been better if the shooter was killed by the police. And once again, the firearm will be blamed for the tragedy.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:02 AM

Make it stop....
Old 08-10-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Four dead and now the taxpayers will pay to house the shooter, it would have been better if the shooter was killed by the police. And once again, the firearm will be blamed for the tragedy.
You are absolutely correct. Waiting to hear for the "was previously arrested for..." and "sources say shooter suffered from..."
Old 08-10-2018, 08:39 AM

I was saddened to hear it wasn't simply bad guys shooting at each other, that some officers have been murdered is something that really bothers me. I don't know about other people, but I have a sliding scale of caring. I have no sympathy whatsoever for wounded / dead criminals (that's closer to glee, truth be told) and at the other end of the scale where I have maximum concern is when it involves children followed by/ tied with emergency workers (police, fire, EMS).

I care for people who care. I don't care for those devoid of conscience or societal responsibility.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
You are absolutely correct. Waiting to hear for the "was previously arrested for..." and "sources say shooter suffered from..."
"He was getting his life back on track, was a good boy and did so much for the community"

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-10-2018, 09:26 AM

Hope they don’t name the shooter just like every other incident like this. Putting their name in the news just gives them recognition and motivates others to do the same.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Whatever the cause, the authorities will just have the media report that the cause was mental illness. And if the shooter turns out to be a returned ISIS member, there will be a gag order issued.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Shooter should be made to suffer from rope burns.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I was saddened to hear it wasn't simply bad guys shooting at each other, that some officers have been murdered is something that really bothers me. I don't know about other people, but I have a sliding scale of caring. I have no sympathy whatsoever for wounded / dead criminals (that's closer to glee, truth be told) and at the other end of the scale where I have maximum concern is when it involves children followed by/ tied with emergency workers (police, fire, EMS).

I care for people who care. I don't care for those devoid of conscience or societal responsibility.
Yep, the hospital ER will be busy saving this criminal while law-abiding citizens wait for treatment...something very fundamentally wrong with that...happens all the time with gang-bangers here in Calgary
Old 08-10-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
Yep, the hospital ER will be busy saving this criminal while law-abiding citizens wait for treatment...something very fundamentally wrong with that...happens all the time with gang-bangers here in Calgary
I ageee. This is true statement.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Prayers for the families of the downed leos..

On another note, we all know this pos government has an anti gun agenda ongoing... so my point being is they are not announcing anything until this press conference. 1 of 2 things are happening, 1) they are fabricating a story line to benefit thier anti gun agenda or 2) Fredericton police got caught completely off guard and are being critiqued by the fedral government..

Dont let emotions dictate erational actions..
Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM

according to the new confrence the officer attend to the 2 victim laying on the ground , they where fired upon so it might be a rifle the shooter was using .
very very sad situation for both afficers and their familys , they each have 3 children and their spouse keep them in our prayers
Old 08-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Ok we just watched the news conference and they are clearly hiding something or fabricating the hell out of a tragic event..stay tuned..
Old 08-10-2018, 02:43 PM

Why does everything need to be a bloody conspiracy...? Good grief

Condolences to those whom have passed.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Why does everything need to be a bloody conspiracy...? Good grief

Condolences to those whom have passed.
Agreed. Lots of nutbars of all ethnicities and religions (or militant lack thereof) to go around that could be responsible. Could be a domestic dispute where buddy came unhinged, could be gang/drug related, Can't rule out anything, but info is so scant at this point it's purely a speculators game. I'll allow that I like to guess as well, but the automatic jump to thinking 'conspiracy!' is something that should inspire pause for consideration for those constantly making the leap.

I wonder if constant jumping to conclusions gives one powerful quadriceps and glutes that attract the ladies ?
Old 08-10-2018, 03:18 PM

It’s not a time to worry about our precious guns. Lives were lost and there are families feeling pain beyond what they have ever experienced before.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Agreed. Lots of nutbars of all ethnicities and religions (or militant lack thereof) to go around that could be responsible. Could be a domestic dispute where buddy came unhinged, could be gang/drug related, Can't rule out anything, but info is so scant at this point it's purely a speculators game. I'll allow that I like to guess as well, but the automatic jump to thinking 'conspiracy!' is something that should inspire pause for consideration for those constantly making the leap.

I wonder if constant jumping to conclusions gives one powerful quadriceps and glutes that attract the ladies ?

I guess will see who the true nutbars and the pro gun ban agenda trolls are eh...its just a fact that they never let a tragedy go to waste. I would bet the odds that they are going to use this to further thier gun agenda..just like Toronto.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
It’s not a time to worry about our precious guns. Lives were lost and there are families feeling pain beyond what they have ever experienced before.
That train of thought is dangerous, now is the time...

Thier families will be very well taken care of and compensated for thier losses.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
That train of thought is dangerous, now is the time...

Thier families will be very well taken care of and compensated for thier losses.
Really? Wow. No wonder pro gun has no wind in their sails.

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 08-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
Really? Wow. No wonder pro gun has no wind in their sails.
Bull...do you not think the anti gun crowd will be using this as a reason to get rid of our guns.
How come it is okay for them...but not us?
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Here we go eh, lets not speculate/assume on a few details, sorry for the loss of lives, senseless, sad too.
This will play out in due time.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Here we go eh, lets not speculate/assume on a few details, sorry for the loss of lives, senseless, sad too.
This will play out in due time.
Wow, just wow the recent Toronto event didnt open your eyes? Come on folks, they play us off our emotions and it works everytime. Who doesn't feel EXTREMELY horrible for those families and friends of those taken. But as we are filled with emotions that block logical thinking our current government is scheming up bills that will have no impact on gun violence and criminal gun use.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
I would bet the odds that they are going to use this to further thier gun agenda..just like Toronto.
You can be 100% sure they will!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Condolences to the victims.

Clearly the Liberals want to ban guns and are trying to get the votes to do so. Stay silent at your own peril.

Ralph Goodale already is manipulating stats.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun...tics-1.4779702