Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 PM

Can't win em all I guess. I didn't see the game as working nights but looks like a tone of shots on net. No Puck Luck?? Tkachuck get under Cry Babys skin??
Old 03-25-2019, 09:51 PM

41 of our shots a pilon could have stopped
Old 03-25-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Exactly.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Yes, Ryan does look great.

Here comes the 3rd!!!

I am calling it a 3-1 final for the boys in red.
Soooooo wrong.....

Next time!!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Soooo looking forward to this game Got to luv these remarks by Doughty

According to the guys on 960 he also said the Flames are easy to defend against. What is Doughty -30 this year lol. Hope Peters prints those quotes and hang it in the Flames dressing room, and light em up tonight

Looks like they are saving Quick to play against Oilers tomorrow lol
Shutout with no dangerous shots. hmmmm
Old 03-25-2019, 11:04 PM

And that's 6 straight losses for San Jose.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:09 AM

I don't understand Thachuk response to the wack fest between him and Doughty. Both get a slash in (mind you doughty's was better), then Doughty drops his stick to square off and Thachuk freezes. I understand it drew a penalty but Thachuk didn't know at that the time... even the announcers thought that it was going to coincidental. It is not like he decided not to fight Lucic or Reaves, Doughty in his weight class with less fighting experience. And it might been the boost the team needed at a perfect time. And then top that off with the comments made by Doughty to the media.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I don't understand Thachuk response to the wack fest between him and Doughty. Both get a slash in (mind you doughty's was better), then Doughty drops his stick to square off and Thachuk freezes. I understand it drew a penalty but Thachuk didn't know at that the time... even the announcers thought that it was going to coincidental. It is not like he decided not to fight Lucic or Reaves, Doughty in his weight class with less fighting experience. And it might been the boost the team needed at a perfect time. And then top that off with the comments made by Doughty to the media.
Why take a risk and subject yourself to an injury in a meaningless game? Could you imagine if they started throwing fists and Chuck hurt his hand on Doughty's helmet or something stupid like that. Call him a turtle or whatever, but it was smart of him to get under their skin and draw penalties without putting himself in harms way. I am glad Chucky is in a Flames jersey, he is very aggravating to others.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:52 AM

I'd love to see Chucky throttle Doughty, but as Gill said, we don't need one of our best players fighting in a meaningless game against a meaningless team with 6 games left in the regular season.

Kinda like if someone gives McDavid a whack and McDavid whacks him back, the other guys squares up, McDavid probably isn't dropping the gloves.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 AM

I think we should sit some of our guys and let them rest. Monahan in particular. There is no reason to be playing him if he is hurt, we have depth to cover that spot and still give us a chance.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I think we should sit some of our guys and let them rest. Monahan in particular. There is no reason to be playing him if he is hurt, we have depth to cover that spot and still give us a chance.
I agree wholeheartedly....Monahan isn't looking good, give him a rest. With the Sharks losing last night as well, and Flames still up 6 points with 6 games remaining, and the Ryan line giving us some good secondary (barring last night's fiasco).....I think it would be prudent.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-26-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
With the Sharks losing last night as well, and Flames still up 6 points with 6 games remaining.....
I'd like to know what's going on there. They've lost 6 straight, to some teams pretty low in the standings including Detroit, Anaheim, and LA, three teams placed 25th or lower in the league. Hopefully they can extend their streak to 8.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'd like to know what's going on there. They've lost 6 straight, to some teams pretty low in the standings including Detroit, Anaheim, and LA, three teams placed 25th or lower in the league. Hopefully they can extend their streak to 8.
Yeah, bit of a head scratcher, that. I thought for sure they'd beat Wings at home.....but glad for the skid.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:33 PM

Big line changes in practice today. I imagine sitting players will happen as soon as we clinch 1st for sure, but a guy like Monny should start now as it's pretty clear something is up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2019, 07:40 PM

If Mony is hurt, I think they'd sit him. Going to the third line appears like a message sent. Mebbe he's fighting with his old lady or something ?

As for Doughty, Chucky was backing him up, Doughty slashed him to make room, he had no desire for any part of the kid. Fine Tkachuk lets him take the two min.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 PM
Banned

I'm here to personally the FLAMES for beating down the KINGS last night...KINGS are putty in the OILER hands tonight
Old 03-26-2019, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I'm here to personally the FLAMES for beating down the KINGS last night...KINGS are putty in the OILER hands tonight
Find your joy where you can Randy... We all know its been a tough year.
Whats the Oilers Magic number? I think 4...
Old 03-26-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Relish the moment and sit back and enjoy 😊. Hope they keep the foot on the peddle. It’s a good day to be an Oiler fan 😛
Old 03-26-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Nice they can end their season on a high note like that. Should help with season ticket sales.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Nice they can end their season on a high note like that. Should help with season ticket sales.
Hope they win out and puts them out of the draft lottery. They got horseshoes lol
Regardless happy for Bessie!
Old 03-27-2019, 04:39 PM

All right boys, lets keep the Flames chatter on the Flames thread, we don't want to trigger another Episode that ends up with a whole thread disappearing. It will probably disappear all on it's own anyway after another six games or so.....

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the Blender Lines work. Hopefully something good comes out of it. I expect Dallas is going to come out strong, they are still looking for more points to cement their spot (though they are probably safe at this point, don't take anything for granted. The Oilers could still mathematically....you know....nevermind).....

Hopefully they don't come out looking so flat. They were wretched against LA.

Go Flames Go!! Big Finish now!!

Old 03-27-2019, 05:00 PM

Would love to see Rittich put up some really solid numbers.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:05 PM

Default Flames

Quote:
All right boys, lets keep the Flames chatter on the Flames thread, we don't want to trigger another Episode that ends up with a whole thread disappearing. It will probably disappear all on it's own anyway after another six games or so.....

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the Blender Lines work. Hopefully something good comes out of it. I expect Dallas is going to come out strong, they are still looking for more points to cement their spot (though they are probably safe at this point, don't take anything for granted. The Oilers could still mathematically....you know....nevermind).....

Hopefully they don't come out looking so flat. They were wretched against LA.

Go Flames Go!! Big Finish now!!
Hope this wakes up Mony. Or if nothing else provides options down the road in the event of injuries
Old 03-27-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
There's a Kris Russell joke in there somewhere.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:33 PM

OK well let's see how the new lineups go... I hope we rack up 10. HaHA
Old 03-27-2019, 07:38 PM

Haven't beat these guys all year, lets get it done.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:02 PM

Wow. Johnny to Frolik to Ryan and he shoots it high.....dammit. Opening goal was on his stick....

Flames showing good jump so far, I'd say.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:08 PM

And a great fire drill in Bishop's crease! No joy, but great work. And Rittich made a great save to send it north for that to happen. Team is engaged. Chucky right in the blue paint where he belongs.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Wow. Johnny to Frolik to Ryan and he shoots it high.....dammit. Opening goal was on his stick....

Flames showing good jump so far, I'd say.
Would definitely like to see us strike first more often. Listening online and sounds like a decent start.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:12 PM

They just need Hathaway to run Bishop over again like the last game to open this right up....