Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-26-2019, 09:33 AM

Default Just saying !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Why stop there? Why not invite everyone with harvest rights over? It would be an awful nice gesture.
You know IT'S his land he can invite whoever he wants to
Wouldn't you say. Just like everyone else that owns land
Old 03-26-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Dont feel bad.. the forum has lumped all Treaty Status First Nation hunters into glorified poachers since the birth of the original forum. You get used to it. Keep on truckin' and dont take it personal.
And all gov't employees are lazy, teet sucking leeches who've never done an honest day of work yet.

It is what it is. LOL.

Keep on truckin
Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
And all gov't employees are lazy, teet sucking leeches who've never done an honest day of work yet.

It is what it is. LOL.

Keep on truckin
And outfitters are all poachers
Old 03-26-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
And outfitters are all poachers
really all of them I don't think so but I'm beginning to think you just hate everybody.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
really all of them I don't think so but I'm beginning to think you just hate everybody.
Dude...... LOL.

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.Z6d1KN8qR6g

Clearly you take issue with my stance. Rather than attacking my sarcastic posts why don’t you refute my points with some reasoning backing up your stance?

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-26-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
You need to read the names at the top of the posts, you’re confusing my posts with others, kinda like r3illy was intentionally doing.

I never said or implied this was a backdoor deal, I knew all about it, as did the AFGA, and unlike what you believe they did not ignore it, they voiced their concerns unfortunately to deaf ears.

I’m not sure if you actually beleive that the thoughts and concerns of outdoorsmen or the general public who can foresee the devistation that will come from unregulated harvesting would have actually mattered in the process of this decision, but I’ll tell you right now that it didn’t and won’t in the future either. This decision isn’t about fish or wildlife at all, it’s strictly political. The devistation to fish and wildlife is the furthest thing from the minds of the government and the metis. Neither party cares about what will happen to our resource, it’s not about conservation of wildlife or culture. If it was a vital part of the metis culture they would have been extinct by now, and obviously the metis culture is still alive and well, as are its people, further proving unregulated harvesting in 2019 is ridiculous.

Kurt. I know exactly which posters I am responding to.
You need to slow down and read all posts carefully. Kinda like alot of others on here.
I do not believe they ignored it. but they shouldn't act like it's some big surprise.

I'm not sure if you actually believe that 30,000 Metis will suddenly be heading out to the field with their new found rights.
How many Metis can actually prove pre 1900 connection?

Do some research. I tried google.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
You need to slow down and read all posts carefully. Kinda like alot of others on here.
I do not believe they ignored it. but they shouldn't act like it's some big surprise.

I'm not sure if you actually believe that 30,000 Metis will suddenly be heading out to the field with their new found rights.

Who wrote this???

Quote:
Here we go again
This was no surprise and no back channels. Completely above board. Those who chose to follow its progress, did. The AFGA chose not to follow or just kinda ignored the whole issue.

Sorry, I must not have read the part slowly enough where you wrote, and I quote “The AFGA chose not to follow or just kind of ignored the whole issue”. What I thought you meant to say was you thought the AFGA either ignored or kind of ignored the whole issue.

A quick and simple google search will prove otherwise.

https://www.afga.org

If you actually do what you profess you’ll come up with facts.

As far as 30,000 metis exercising their harvest rights goes, only a narrow mind with no foresight would beleive that a population stops growing. Am I to believe this is a one time deal, they print off 30,000 licenses then shut down production? No more children will be elidgeable?

I think you need to slow down and read all posts, then consider the future of our resources.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Who wrote this???

Sorry, I must not have read the part slowly enough where you wrote, and I quote “The AFGA chose not to follow or just kind of ignored the whole issue”. What I thought you meant to say was you thought the AFGA either ignored or kind of ignored the whole issue.

A quick and simple google search will prove otherwise.

https://www.afga.org

If you actually do what you profess you’ll come up with facts.

As far as 30,000 metis exercising their harvest rights goes, only a narrow mind with no foresight would beleive that a population stops growing. Am I to believe this is a one time deal, they print off 30,000 licenses then shut down production? No more children will be elidgeable?

I think you need to slow down and read all posts, then consider the future of our resources.
Only a narrow mind and no foresight would not understand. You already have your a bias prediction. I cannot change your mind and I cannot teach you these things kurt. You must find them out for yourself. Maybe go to the MNA office and have a chat. They are a great bunch of people and I'm sure they could help make sense of your number crunching issue.

The sky isn't falling!
Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Only a narrow mind and no foresight would not understand. You already have your a bias prediction. I cannot change your mind and I cannot teach you these things kurt. You must find them out for yourself. Maybe go to the MNA office and have a chat. They are a great bunch of people and I'm sure they could help make sense of your number crunching issue.

The sky isn't falling!
Have a great Tuesday all!
Scooter, what exactly is it I’m not understanding? Please do tell!

It’s not a biased prediction, I personally know two handfuls of people who have been chomping at the bit to use their harvest rights, a couple even started early. In fact, I know a metis who has been poaching trophy bucks for years, his son is even a member of this forum. Now he has a license to kill and I assure you the harvest rights will be abused.

What has the type of people I’ll find at the MNA got to do with anything? Are you implying I would expect otherwise? You’re just like r3illy, trying to make this issue about race, not fish and wildlife management. Greed greed greed.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Scooter, what exactly is it I’m not understanding? Please do tell!

It’s not a biased prediction, I personally know two handfuls of people who have been chomping at the bit to use their harvest rights, a couple even started early. In fact, I know a metis who has been poaching trophy bucks for years, his son is even a member of this forum. Now he has a license to kill and I assure you the harvest rights will be abused.

What has the type of people I’ll find at the MNA got to do with anything? Are you implying I would expect otherwise? You’re just like r3illy, trying to make this issue about race, not fish and wildlife management. Greed greed greed.
Oh right. how many are in a handful?
Well if you know one Metis poacher then all metis are poachers. right?
license to kill lol

no bias predictions. gotcha

you are like many others. how wide is your paint brush.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh right. how many are in a handful?
Well if you know one Metis poacher then all metis are poachers. right?
license to kill lol

no bias predictions. gotcha

you are like many others. how wide is your paint brush.

Ok, since you’re “in the know”, what’s the backup plan? What measures have been put in place Incase over harvesting occurs?

Any oil or gas work being done HAS to have decisive measures in place to protect the environment from any system failure thinkable. These measures have to be approved by all special interest groups before a single Stone is moved. Surely with the passing of a law that allows fully unregulated harvesting to a group of people, the people given this power have had to first come up with a backup plan, one that will ensure environmental protection, one that will have an immediate response and be fully enacted until the environmental damage is repaired right?

I know for a fact that an oil company can’t run a pipeline across a piece of land without having a backup plan, and a backup plan to the backup plan against any possible environmental damage, before MAYBE having it approved, after all it’s the environment that is paramount. The oil companies are using our resources so they are required to have these plans in effect. Surely the same should apply to our fish and wildlife resources right?

So what’s the back up plan? Is it the same one in effect now? When the populations drop just take away more opportunities for the regulated hunters, the ones not responsibly for the decline? Or will it be the same plan used for the bison? Limit it to parks and museums? Oh wait, I wouldn’t rely on that park idea, those aren’t off limits anymore either.

How wide is my paintbrush? What happens IF I’m right? What is the action plan that has been put in place before such a wreckless decision is made?

I know from the factual way you speak that you know the plan.... let’s hear it.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Banned

Old 03-26-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Dude...... LOL.

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.Z6d1KN8qR6g

Clearly you take issue with my stance. Rather than attacking my sarcastic posts why don’t you refute my points with some reasoning backing up your stance?

No I have no issues with your stance I just find the whole thing comical the whole the sky is falling it's the end as we know it poor me ,why not me it's truly been hilarious to read .

So do I care if meties have special rights no I don't care at all that's their business good for them . Am I going to worry about what I cannot change no.

If we only take what we need there's plenty for everyone
Old 03-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

No I have no issues with your stance I just find the whole thing comical the whole the sky is falling it's the end as we know it poor me ,why not me it's truly been hilarious to read .

So do I care if meties have special rights no I don't care at all that's their business good for them . Am I going to worry about what I cannot change no.

You need to spend more time in the bush
Everything you said couldn’t be further from the truth

And ya hopefully we can change this
Old 03-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

Obviously you have a problem with my stance otherwise you wouldn’t be mistaking my blatant sarcasm as truth and for some reason trying to make an argument out of it, lol.

Only a fool can’t realize that we ALREADY have an issue with fish and wildlife management and depleted resources, only a fool would think that adding thousands of unregulated harvesters can possibly make this situation better, not worse. It’s not poor me, it’s poor us, even the fools who think nothing could possibly go wrong.

If the METIS had your same though process they wouldn’t have their harvest rights today. I’m sure 30 years ago most of them did. Hopefully the same will be said for the proponents of regulated harvesting across the board so our conservation efforts are not in vane.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Ok, since you’re “in the know”, what’s the backup plan? What measures have been put in place Incase over harvesting occurs?

Any oil or gas work being done HAS to have decisive measures in place to protect the environment from any system failure thinkable. These measures have to be approved by all special interest groups before a single Stone is moved. Surely with the passing of a law that allows fully unregulated harvesting to a group of people, the people given this power have had to first come up with a backup plan, one that will ensure environmental protection, one that will have an immediate response and be fully enacted until the environmental damage is repaired right?

I know for a fact that an oil company can’t run a pipeline across a piece of land without having a backup plan, and a backup plan to the backup plan against any possible environmental damage, before MAYBE having it approved, after all it’s the environment that is paramount. The oil companies are using our resources so they are required to have these plans in effect. Surely the same should apply to our fish and wildlife resources right?

So what’s the back up plan? Is it the same one in effect now? When the populations drop just take away more opportunities for the regulated hunters, the ones not responsibly for the decline? Or will it be the same plan used for the bison? Limit it to parks and museums? Oh wait, I wouldn’t rely on that park idea, those aren’t off limits anymore either.

How wide is my paintbrush? What happens IF I’m right? What is the action plan that has been put in place before such a wreckless decision is made?

I know from the factual way you speak that you know the plan.... let’s hear it.
What? now you want to argue about back up plans?
I will not be pulled into one of your rant posting battles.
you need to relax a bit kind sir. Sounds like these "what if's" are probably keeping you up a night.
stick to facts. lets keep the finger pointing predictions to ourselves as this is only fueling the fire.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
What? now you want to argue about back up plans?
I will not be pulled into one of your rant posting battles.
you need to relax a bit kind sir. Sounds like these "what if's" are probably keeping you up a night.
stick to facts. lets keep the finger pointing predictions to ourselves as this is only fueling the fire.
LOL! “I will not be pulled into your tough line of questioning I have absolutely no answer for”. Hahaha!

Exactly the response I expected, it’s the only possible response because there is no backup plan! Imagine if the oil and gas industry tried to operate like that? If you think my little response to this decision is considered a “sky is falling” response, it would be a “the universe is about to explode” response by special interest groups in contrast. “We’re just going to push this pipeline across your land.” “Stop worrying about what might happen, I talked to a guy in the office, he says it’s all good. Oh, and by the way, we’re going to keep pushing more pipelines through as we make more money”.

No one cares about what will happen to our fish or wildlife, just worried about their own greed today. The people who are concerned should be swept under the carpet right?

Let’s not worry about what will happen tomorrow, why bring that into conversation? It won’t affect my rights...
Old 03-26-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
LOL! “I will not be pulled into your tough line of questioning I have absolutely no answer for”. Hahaha!

Exactly the response I expected, it’s the only possible response because there is no backup plan! Imagine if the oil and gas industry tried to operate like that? If you think my little response to this decision is considered a “sky is falling” response, it would be a “the universe is about to explode” response by special interest groups in contrast. “We’re just going to push this pipeline across your land.” “Stop worrying about what might happen, I talked to a guy in the office, he says it’s all good. Oh, and by the way, we’re going to keep pushing more pipelines through as we make more money”.

No one cares about what will happen to our fish or wildlife, just worried about their own greed today. The people who are concerned should be swept under the carpet right?

Let’s not worry about what will happen tomorrow, why bring that into conversation? It won’t affect my rights...
Exactly the response I expected!
Another non factual rant. bla bla bla
Old 03-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly the response I expected!
Another non factual rant. bla bla bla
Non factual rant?

Of course it was! There is no way possible that an oil company would get away with such an act with the potential of an environmental disaster and not have an approved backup plan.

I would ask you to tell me what will happen if we come to a point where our wildlife is in a state like the Manitoba moose but I know you have no clue. We all know that could never happen in Alberta right? Because you said so.

Should we stick to facts?

Manitoba’s moose population is dessimated from unregulated harvest.

Alberta Metis do not have a conservation plan.

Alberta could very well be the next Manitoba, even though you say it can’t.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Alberta could very well be the next Manitoba,
This this is the only factual statement you made.
Still, grammar skills are getting better!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:36 PM

I really hope you are not the next Manitoba. It’s sad over here. I haven’t seen a moose for years. But amazingly when I come to Alberta to hunt elk, I see moose almost every day. I think you know my opinion on this. Land owners are at a breaking point here. If you think people with a harvest card stay off private land, think again. I’m not saying all have no respect of laws or trespassing but there’s enough that it’s a big problem. It doesn’t stop at moose either. Deer and elk are getting hammered here. What bothers me is when these people get caught it never makes the news. Our government and media are to scared to cover these stories. This winter when a elk poaching video went public, it never made the news once. Believe me I sent every government official and CTV news a email. Government did reply but the tv station never did. You probably know the video I’m talking about. It was posted on this forum.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
This this is the only factual statement you made.
Still, grammar skills are getting better!
Lol, you don’t even know what you posted, let alone understand any of the facts I’ve posted.

My grammar is just fine scooter
Old 03-26-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Lol, you don’t even know what you posted, let alone understand any of the facts I’ve posted.

My grammar is just fine scooter

Wow
I am now starting to understand that you are completely off your rocker.
Actually kurt, you do need a little help with your grammar.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow
I am now starting to understand that you are completely off your rocker.
Actually kurt, you do need a little help with your grammar.

Well, you had me up until you said you were starting to understand, then I knew you were full of it.

Here’s some facts that prove you don’t even understand what you write let alone understand what being discussed here.

Quote:

Quote:
Here we go again
This was no surprise and no back channels. Completely above board. Those who chose to follow its progress, did. The AFGA chose not to follow or just kinda ignored the whole issue.

It’s almost like you have your eyes closed, fingers in your ears singing “la la la I can’t hear you”.

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Well, you had me up until you said you were starting to understand, then I knew you were full of it.

Here’s some facts that prove you don’t even understand what you write let alone understand what being discussed here.

It’s almost like you have your eyes closed, fingers in your ears singing “la la la I can’t hear you”.

lol You never had me. I take one glance at your posts, see they are full of garbage and move on. I could provide proof but don't want to clog this thread up.
I understand you are still in a bit of shock over this.
As the days pass, you realize the sky isn't falling and you will become more level headed.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol You never had me. I take one glance at your posts, see they are full of garbage and move on. I could provide proof but don't want to clog this thread up.
I understand you are still in a bit of shock over this.
As the days pass, you realize the sky isn't falling and you will become more level headed.
I believe I never had you, that would mean you understand. I know you don’t want to hear the opinion of non metis on the subject, you don’t want to accept what it’s done in Manitoba, you don’t want to accept the fact it’s going to have a negative impact on our fish and wildlife, all these things are beyond what you’re capable of understanding.

You could provide facts? Bahahaha! Now you’re a comedian!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
You need to spend more time in the bush
Everything you said couldn’t be further from the truth

And ya hopefully we can change this
Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman3 View Post
I really hope you are not the next Manitoba. It’s sad over here. I haven’t seen a moose for years. But amazingly when I come to Alberta to hunt elk, I see moose almost every day. I think you know my opinion on this. Land owners are at a breaking point here. If you think people with a harvest card stay off private land, think again. I’m not saying all have no respect of laws or trespassing but there’s enough that it’s a big problem. It doesn’t stop at moose either. Deer and elk are getting hammered here. What bothers me is when these people get caught it never makes the news. Our government and media are to scared to cover these stories. This winter when a elk poaching video went public, it never made the news once. Believe me I sent every government official and CTV news a email. Government did reply but the tv station never did. You probably know the video I’m talking about. It was posted on this forum.

Private land access will be the next FN demand meaning it will probably happen.

Kurt is 100% correct. Unregulated hunting is a really bad idea and the checks and balances will be minimal. The government, as always, will just look the other way. Easy to see who will be on the losing end of this discussion.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=Kurt505;3953122]I believe I never had you, that would mean you understand. I know you don’t want to hear the opinion of non metis on the subject, you don’t want to accept what it’s done in Manitoba, you don’t want to accept the fact it’s going to have a negative impact on our fish and wildlife, all these things are beyond what you’re capable of understanding.

You could provide facts? Bahahaha! Now you’re a comedian![/QUOTE

Excellent! Believing in something else other than your own twisted opinions.
That’s the first step. Listening to others.
I believe you in you! You can do this!
Old 03-26-2019, 05:41 PM
Banned

ill post some facts for you scooter since you seem to have a hard time finding them. This is a good foresight into what unregulated Hunting will do for Alberta.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3750640

I’ll post a little quote from the article;

But diseases aside, Crichton and Olson both believe overhunting of moose is making it hard for them to rebound.

"It's the unregulated harvest by a [small number] of our First Nation peoples, and now in part of Manitoba, the Métis peoples," Crichton said

Another one of my garbage filled posts, and exactly what the AFGA’s concerns are. I’d love to here just one of the facts scooter got.