Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 PM

Default Edmonton Pothole Reports;Millars,Dolberg,Star,East Pit And Sauer

Any recent reports on any of these Potholes? Im hitting them this weekend and looking for some larger trout while the RDR gets its stuff together.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Help us out! Toss us a pm, were settin up the tents and need some good fishing. We do respect the fishery.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM

Was at east pit for a good 5 hours the other day, and didn't see anyone pull anything big out. But the trout were active, but small. Heard good things about star this season, maybe someone can confirm?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
Any recent reports on any of these Potholes? Im hitting them this weekend and looking for some larger trout while the RDR gets its stuff together.
Dustin
Millers is usually slowed down by now I find the first two weeks after ice out is the best....not saying u won't catch fish with maybe the odd bigger fish and dolberg is the same dolberg u will catch more as far as the east pit very few big fish caught
Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 PM

millers is a solid hour and a half drive, same with dolberg, star(apparently)/muir is your best bet for this weekend boys.

See you at muir on saturday.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Fished Dolberg Tuesday last week, weather was brutal. Windy and rain. I was alone on the lake. Fished a couple hours and landed 2(2-3 lbs) and lost a couple more flyfishing, olive woolybugger/gold bead, and pumpkin heads.
I might try Millers next Wednesday for first time , is there any camping??
Thanks......Dave
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCK View Post
Fished Dolberg Tuesday last week, weather was brutal. Windy and rain. I was alone on the lake. Fished a couple hours and landed 2(2-3 lbs) and lost a couple more flyfishing, olive woolybugger/gold bead, and pumpkin heads.
I might try Millers next Wednesday for first time , is there any camping??
Thanks......Dave
No camping at Millers closest campground is a mile from lake towards Edson and sundance creek runs threw it
Old 06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Albert Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman View Post
No camping at Millers closest campground is a mile from lake towards Edson and sundance creek runs threw it
The campground is called hornbeck.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM

Jeremie is it warm enough to kickfloat without waders yet? Just checking because thats most likely what im doing
Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I see campers in that old gravel pit on the north side of #16 , is that the place and is there fish in that pond?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
Jeremie is it warm enough to kickfloat without waders yet? Just checking because thats most likely what im doing
Depends on the day, sorry misread your post the first time. I'd say you should be okay, the water temp is in the 49-55f area right now.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJ View Post
I see campers in that old gravel pit on the north side of #16 , is that the place and is there fish in that pond?
No the campground is closer to Edson the gravel pit is called dandurand and yes it has bows in it
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
No the campground is closer to Edson the gravel pit is called dandurand and yes it has bows in it
Right on...I know where Hornbeck is but I often wondered about dandurand..thx..
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Pit lake lots of small fish. Had a conversation with someone out there who says a bait ban and size limits are coming into effect in the next couple of years. Can't wait to see the results of that. Might help clean up some of the litter. Bait packages and 60 pound test all over the shoreline. We can pick up the garbage every week but the garbage keeps coming back to fish. A blatant litter bug is no better than the waste they leave behind.

Road hunting is not hunting.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckBrat View Post
Pit lake lots of small fish. Had a conversation with someone out there who says a bait ban and size limits are coming into effect in the next couple of years. Can't wait to see the results of that. Might help clean up some of the litter. Bait packages and 60 pound test all over the shoreline. We can pick up the garbage every week but the garbage keeps coming back to fish. A blatant litter bug is no better than the waste they leave behind.
i agree completely about the slobs who leave litter of all kinds on our river and lake shores though to be honest i didn't know tim hortons has started selling bait. i also agree that size limits and perhaps catch limits might help if they could ever be properly enforced. i totally disagree with bait bans but then i grew up with the hook and worm method and am probably just an oldtimer out of touch with modern times. i got used to mandatory seatbelts and barbless hooks so who knows?

wonder if i'll still be around when it's mandatory hookless hooks?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I will look it up
Dave