Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-10-2024, 08:20 AM

Default Hermitage Video is up

Anyone try Hermitage after I posted the report a couple weeks ago? If not maybe this will get you out one evening.

https://youtu.be/jKIENBKKL8E?feature=shared

Description:
Welcome back to a Pond that was featured in several other videos through the years on my channel. This is the HERITAGE CLASSIC! OUT ON HERMITAGE POND!

If you want to check out some of the old Hermitage park original footage from the early days of the Fishing Doctors adventures and maybe even pre-fishing doc time check out the links below.

2011 Hermitage Rainbows on TIP DOWNS: https://youtu.be/ky2S357BaCA?feature=shared

2013 Hermitage with Jaw Jacker and Underwater Video: https://youtu.be/mb7AQhQ_z-Q?feature=shared

2013 Hermitage under the ice video: https://youtu.be/omhZ37oc3MM?feature=shared

I went out to Hermitage Park Pond and it is still very alive!!! This is a fishery I hate to see die off every year. An underutilized, close to home great little fishery in the city of Edmonton.

I recommend getting out there and giving it a try if you have a spare morning or evening and don't want to drive far.

I used to fish this pond before I had wheels. Bike to it in the open water. Take the bus after University class as soon as it froze in winter. I was even kicked off by the police once. They asked what I was doing... I responded, "ice fishing". Now my response would probably be a little more sarcastic and he'd have to drag me off, haha.

I got out there around 10am and caught two bows pretty quick. Around noon got two browns as well. They seemed pretty aggressive when they came around. There might not be many in there at this point in the game, but they're all decent size and not too hard to catch!

I caught two on the Jigging Jaw Jacker and one stationary Jaw Jacker. Both tipped with circle tackle 7mm tungsten jigs in white and chartreuse. Tipped with night crawlers or meal worms.

The fish ranged in the 14 to 16 inch.

Check it out, best of luck!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 01-10-2024, 08:30 AM

Cool video, didn't know this pond existed
Old 01-10-2024, 09:27 AM

Nice video Brandon! Keep them coming
I didn't know that about Hermitage and all the natural bait. I usually do not keep stocked trout from some of our small lakes and ponds because they usually taste terrible. I'll have to give ole Hermitage a try on first ice next year.

Cheers!
Old 01-10-2024, 02:52 PM

I used to bike there and fish that pond in 1970 when I was 14 It only had a few pike in it then Usually always hit it up on the way to where pine creek went into the N Sask.
If they would have had trout stocked in it back then My friends and I would have emptied it out before it winter killed LOL.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:24 PM

Lots of food in that pond.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-10-2024, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
Cool video, didn't know this pond existed
Glad to let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Nice video Brandon! Keep them coming
I didn't know that about Hermitage and all the natural bait. I usually do not keep stocked trout from some of our small lakes and ponds because they usually taste terrible. I'll have to give ole Hermitage a try on first ice next year.

Cheers!
They taste fine to me but I've only eaten then in the winter. They do have the black spot under the skin. I trim all that stuff off before Frying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetalker View Post
I used to bike there and fish that pond in 1970 when I was 14 It only had a few pike in it then Usually always hit it up on the way to where pine creek went into the N Sask.
If they would have had trout stocked in it back then My friends and I would have emptied it out before it winter killed LOL.
Yeah great spot for kids to fish who live in the are. I always enjoyed my time out there. Learned about the ice fishing on the pond many years back from a prior poster on this board a long time ago. I think it was Rippinlips who mentioned it way back when to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Lots of food in that pond.
Yup for sure! Just a shallow pit full of munchies. Wish it overwinter.

Sent from my SM-G990W2 using Tapatalk

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures