Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Default Stuck on Gull.

Hey guys, new to Forum. was at Wilsons Beach on satrday, dont recommend this acess. Stuck for 2 days, in about 18 inches of snow! would recommend Brownlows.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 PM

Welcome to the forum there pal. Hope you got that mess figured out. Thanks for the update
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Gone Hunting

I heard that spot was not accessible. Too bad, theres some nice holes to fish on that side.

save a tree kill a beaver
Chuck Norris can bump fire a bolt action
"A predators heart knows no remorse. It lives for the hunt, a natural force."
Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 PM

thanks for the info did u get any fishing in after digging for two days
Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 AM

no didn't get to do any fishin but meet probaly the nicest couple from the cabin just down from wilsons they even invited us to camp in their place this summer he stuck with us all day driveing us on and off the lake with his sled cant thank them enough.
If by any chance you guys get stuck, call Chads Off-Road Recovery 403-373-2423 (Awesome guy!)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM

thanks for welcomeing me . Go big or Go home. If you guys get stuck in or around that area just a little plug for Chads off road recovery. 403-373-2423.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 AM

Welcome to the board...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 AM

I have gone on at Wilson's three times so far this year......but I did learn to chain up before going out there.

Did you have chains.

Any details would be greatly appreciated....as to exactly what you encountered other than deep snow????....

Me and the boys are going out there as soon as it warms up......the whites should be biting well there.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
Welcome to the board...
thanks gona see ifmy better half will let me go to crawling valley next week cost about 600 buck to get pulled off gull so it cut into my fishin fund pretty good ps thinking about buying chev 3500 duramax 4x4 pulled us out from there about 40kph he wasnt stoping nothing it was amazing the power that truck had will give report if she leta me go
Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 AM

no chains i know HOW DUMB IS THAT any way deep snow with a very hard crust on top hit some spot that had water under it and that WAS it if you go south from wilsons i put survary lathe on that spot stay clear of that KEEP HER PINNED AND STOP FOR NOTHIN YOU MIGHT MAKE BUT ITS PRETTY BAD THEIR
Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 PM

Don't they keep that route open with a plow? Two weeks ago we followed a nice plowed track north to the shantytown and I did see a route going south too. I did notice that if you went off the track you'd easily get stuck as I saw a few people pushing their luck and their truck.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 PM

600 HUNDRED BONES ??? To get pulled off gull lake? .... Thank goodness for AMA Or would they wuss out on a program like that? Iv never been hardcore stuck on a lake so im not sure if they would go for that.

Last edited by go-big-or-go-home; 02-28-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 PM

Default Holy Snickers!!!

600$
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big-or-go-home View Post
600 HUNDRED BONES ??? To get pulled off gull lake? .... Thank goodness for AMA Or would they wuss out on a program like that? Iv never been hardcore stuck on a lake so im not sure if they would go for that.
Depends on the driver you get. I believe their rule is you have to be within 100 meters of the road so they can stay on the road and get you with the winch. If what require is beyond that there's a good chance you're going to be paying.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Depends on the driver you get. I believe their rule is you have to be within 100 meters of the road so they can stay on the road and get you with the winch. If what require is beyond that there's a good chance you're going to be paying.
Note to self - dont get stuck on a lake lol

Thanks pal. Now i know
Old 03-01-2011, 12:00 PM

I had an incident out on a lake where I needed a tow truck, some buddies and I were ice racing and we blew the drive shaft out of the car and needed to get pulled off the ice. The company I called told me they wouldnt send a truck out on the ice due to the fact if they fell through their vehicles arent covered so they would not come to get it out. I then called my AMA company and told them I was at the end of the access road which is where I waited for the driver and then told him I was on the ice. He said he was not supposed to go on the ice but he would do it for $200 cash under the table and then tow it from the access road to the garage using my membership. So I guess I got off the ice quite cheap. I think in cases where you get stuck out on a lake they can pretty much charge what they want cause there arent too many companies that will come out there to drag you out.