Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Actually if the RCMP are claiming they seized the items because they did not want them destroyed or they were valuable then they wouldn't have grounds for the seizure.
Actually this IS one of the reasons they stated for collecting the firearms....they were expensive...

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham. “People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”

LC
Old 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Option 1 bring in supplies to re-secure all residences (need to do all residence since non gun owner will be ****ed if their isn't secure)
That certainly sounds like the best plan. If you break into a person's home and as a result the home is no longer secure, the least that you could do, is to do the minimum to make the the home secure again, in order to leave the person's property protected like it was when you first came to the home. It's not like taking the persons firearms is going to protect the rest of their property now, is it?

Quote:
Actually if the RCMP are claiming they seized the items because they did not want them destroyed or they were valuable then they wouldn't have grounds for the seizure.

Actually this IS one of the reasons they stated for collecting the firearms....they were expensive...

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham. “People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”
If that is indeed the case, then how is it that they had no problems breaking into peoples homes, then leaving them unsecured , so that the rest of the owners valuables were no longer secured behind a locked door?

That is an absolutely pathetic attempt at justifying taking the firearms from the homes.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That certainly sounds like the best plan. If you break into a person's home and as a result the home is no longer secure, the least that you could do, is to do the minimum to make the the home secure again, in order to leave the person's property protected like it was when you first came to the home. It's not like taking the persons firearms is going to protect the rest of their property now, is it?
It sound like a great idea but was it possible or practical given everything going on.

Just some thoughts
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
It sound like a great idea but was it possible or practical given everything going on.
If the RCMP are going to use the excuse that they took the firearms to protect them, because people have a lot of money invested in them, then it only makes sense that they should have taken action to protect the people's other valuables.

Unless of course the statement made by the RCMP Sgt "“People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms " was just an excuse, and really had nothing to do with their reasons for taking the firearms.…
Old 07-01-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If the RCMP are going to use the excuse that they took the firearms to protect them, because people have a lot of money invested in them, then it only makes sense that they should have taken action to protect the people's other valuables.

Unless of course the statement made by the RCMP Sgt "“People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms " was just an excuse, and really had nothing to do with their reasons for taking the firearms.…
I think that he recognized that people value their firearms maybe more than just dollar figures. The legal reason for the seizure must be that they were not in a secure premise or for public safety. Hopefully a full explanation will be provided for seizure
Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Did the thieves record the serial numbers and match the addresses of each gun they stole? No they want the lawful owners to prove ownership of them when they come to take them back on their own time at their own expense. As if they have not suffered enough!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I think that he recognized that people value their firearms maybe more than just dollar figures.
I think that he was desperate for excuses, to justify seizing the firearms, and that was just one of the feeble excuses, that he could come up with at the time.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Did the thieves record the serial numbers and match the addresses of each gun they stole? No they want the lawful owners to prove ownership of them when they come to take them back on their own time at their own expense. As if they have not suffered enough!
PAL and driver's license showing your address is what you need to bring. So the answer is yes to the question that you asked and answered incorrectly. I think that made sense
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Pesky dont want to derail the thread.Just confused .From former avatar I was sure you were politician.Now I see pensioner who has good cooking wife
hHHAHAAHAHAHAH
Old 07-02-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5x47 lapua View Post
yup.why didn't they break in to the local sporting goods store and take all the powder out of there?someone might get their hands on that and make a pipe bomb.
The store was on the list, but the owner had the fortitude to tell the cops to ###k off. He also had the foresight to park his vehicle in front of the entrance to restrict entry.
Way too many contradictions in stories told to the public during the crisis vs. the reality that is being uncovered as people return.
I personally love the story of 'police are using locksmiths to gain entry into homes to search for occupants', followed by 'if you return home and notice damage to your door or windows, file a notice with the rcmp and you will compensated'.
The fact of the matter is, the rcmp never should have been in charge of the
'rescue' operations involving searching homes in the first place; in any other center it is the fire department or a leg of disaster services.
All the rcmp should be responsible for is 'securing' the scene from looters, which by eye witness accounts was a poor attempt at best, due to the number of people riding around on a bicycle in a town with no services, with a back pack on, mostly at night.

Last edited by dickgazinya; 07-02-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 AM

IF they used locksmiths....which I doubt. It would be nice for one of them to chime in here.....

Maybe someone from High River can call a few local lock smiths to see if they got some free boat rides with the police?

LC
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
PAL and driver's license showing your address is what you need to bring. So the answer is yes to the question that you asked and answered incorrectly. I think that made sense
If they didn't record which guns came from which house there is no proof who owns which guns as the registry data is gone. Perhaps the cops are using this as an excuse to "prove" the registry is useful.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If they didn't record which guns came from which house there is no proof who owns which guns as the registry data is gone. Perhaps the cops are using this as an excuse to "prove" the registry is useful.
Lmfao....owie... I just snorted a frenchfry...
Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Another quick thought

I was just wondering why the High River incident is getting as much attention, And this goes to show how short peoples memory is. The fire that tore thru Slave Lake in 2011 I am sure most remember this one. The RCMP did the same thing then entering homes and taking not only guns but ammo. No suspensions no inquiry very little complaining, and there was very little said when that happened, could have been right during the LGR fight.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadirk View Post
I was just wondering why the High River incident is getting as much attention, And this goes to show how short peoples memory is. The fire that tore thru Slave Lake in 2011 I am sure most remember this one. The RCMP did the same thing then entering homes and taking not only guns but ammo. No suspensions no inquiry very little complaining, and there was very little said when that happened, could have been right during the LGR fight.
I brought that up at the get go but.. nobody seemed to pay attention until it was too late.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:13 AM

Default I guess I'm not the only one who sees it like it is.

hxxp://christopherdiarmani.com/wp-content/uploads/RCMP-Thieves-Steal-Guns-From-High-River-Flood-Victims1.png

RCMP members and commanders in High River, Alberta, are the worst kind of criminals imaginable. They lay in wait for you until you are at your most vulnerable before they rape and pillage your belongings and then demand YOU pick up the tab for their thievery and destruction.

Sounds harsh, doesn’t it.

It is.

The more articles I read describing what these RCMP criminals did the angrier I become.

Yes, they are criminals. They broke into people’s homes, stole their property and left. That is a criminal act any way you cut it.

These RCMP thieves and looters… I really cannot call them anything else… readily admit they broke into people’s homes after they, the RCMP, evacuated the town.

He (RCMP Sgt. Brian Topham) did confirm that officer relied on forced entry to get into numerous houses during the early stages of the flood because of an “urgent need”.

What an utterly absurd statement.

“Urgent need???”

They already evacuated the town. What possible “urgent need” could there be to break into people’s homes and search them, illegally search them without a warrant let me remind you, for firearms?

Which homes did they search? Every home? Or did they just search the homes of “known firearm owners“? That would mean law-abiding firearm owners, by definition, since only law-abiding firearm owners take the time and trouble to obtain a firearms license, which leads to the next conclusion: the RCMP used the federal firearm owner licensing database to obtain the home addresses of every known firearm owner in High River, Alberta.

If that doesn’t terrify you then you simply aren’t paying attention.

This is far more heinous than it appears to the average Canadian, I’m certain.

These criminals then had the audacity to publicly state they were “no longer forcing themselves into homes” and any home they did break into already “would be secured.”

Comforting, isn’t it? The homes were already secure before these criminals broke into them!

It’s like a serial rapist telling his rape victim everything is all right because he’s going to give her a shower, get her all cleaned up and then drop her off at the nearest hospital.

This is both repulsive and disgusting behaviour from civil servants who supposedly protect Canadians, not steal their property to serve their own political anti-gun agenda.

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham.

“People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”

Is this moron for real? Obviously the firearms were safe if these criminals had to physically break into homes to steal them!

“I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a person’s belongings out of their home,” said resident Brenda Lackey, after learning Mounties have been taking residents’ guns. “When people find out about this there’s going to be untold hell to pay.”

That’s just it. They DON’T have the right to break into your home and steal your property. They are criminals.

This is the ugly hand of the RCMP’s unspoken but very real pogrom against Canada’s law-abiding firearm owners in action: to seize firearms by any means necessary and only return those you absolutely must.

We have seized a large quantity of firearms simply because they were left by residents in their places,” said Sgt. Topham.

Really? “Left Behind?“ Is that honestly the best story they can peddle?

How would the RCMP thieves know any firearms were “left by residents in their places” unless they had not first broke into people’s homes and searched them illegally and without a search warrant?

This is an important point, and one that every media outlet in the nation ought to be screaming about from the rooftops. Warrantless searches of an entire evacuated town is something we would decry in every newscast in the nation if it happened in Zimbabwe or some other third-world nation, yet when it happens right here in Canada we barely get a bored and tired yawn from anyone.

Let me recap.

First, the RCMP breaks into the homes of flood victims, ransacks their private property and steals that which they deem “dangerous” or “politically incorrect“, then they lay down spike belts across roads so we “mere citizens” can’t drive past their blockade into town.

As heinous and repulsive as all of this is, it’s not even the worst of it. Are you ready for that?

RCMP will not return firearms to anyone who cannot “prove ownership”. That certainly sounds like firearm confiscation, doesn’t it? The long gun registry is dead. I know I’ve bought a lot of firearms since then where there is no paper trail. What do I need a receipt for? I paid cash for the guns and both parties were exceedingly happy with the transactions.

But in High River, Alberta? Good luck. No receipt, no way the RCMP is going to hand back your personal property even though they most certainly, even in the thrill of their thievery, made note of which firearms they stole from which address, right?

It wasn’t even my home these thieves broke into and *I* feel violated.

When the RCMP lays criminal charges for “illegal possession of a firearm” against High River residents as a result of their thievery that’s when the real **** will hit the proverbial fan.

If you know anyone who lives in High River, Alberta, who had their home broken into by the RCMP and their private property stolen… er removed for their own good… then please urge them to do the following:

1. File an official complaint with the RCMP Complaints Commission.

2. File an official complaint directly with RCMP Commissioner Robert Paulson.

3. Photograph the evidence of the break and entry. Send copies of those photos with a description of the RCMP ransacking of their home to the Mayor of High River, their local MLA and MP and to the Prime Minister of Canada.

4. Send copies of the photos and the description of the RCMP looting of their home to Brian Lilley at Sun TV.

5. Send copies of the photos and the description of the RCMP thievery to every local, provincial and national newspaper in the country.

Heck, send me a copy and I will post it here, minus personally identifying information, of course!

Don’t stop talking about this to every newspaper and television reporter you can find. Keep calling the RCMP Complaints Commission and RCMP Commissioner Robert Paulson’s office until you get answers about whose heads will roll as a result of this unconstitutional and criminal action perpetrated against flood victims.

Keep calling your MLA’s and MP’s offices until you get answers. Honest and complete answers about why the RCMP felt the urgent need to steal from law-abiding Canadians already evacuated from their homes.

These officially-sanctioned gun thieves must be brought to justice.

hxxp://christopherdiarmani.com/10532/police/abuse-of-police-authority/high-river-rcmp-looters-criminals-treated-immediately/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=high-river-rcmp-looters-criminals-treated-immediately
Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 AM

Well written! I hope every High River victim follows those recommendations!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
hxxp://christopherdiarmani.com/wp-content/uploads/RCMP-Thieves-Steal-Guns-From-High-River-Flood-Victims1.png

RCMP members and commanders in High River, Alberta, are the worst kind of criminals imaginable. They lay in wait for you until you are at your most vulnerable before they rape and pillage your belongings and then demand YOU pick up the tab for their thievery and destruction.

Sounds harsh, doesn’t it.

It is.

The more articles I read describing what these RCMP criminals did the angrier I become.

Yes, they are criminals. They broke into people’s homes, stole their property and left. That is a criminal act any way you cut it.

These RCMP thieves and looters… I really cannot call them anything else… readily admit they broke into people’s homes after they, the RCMP, evacuated the town.

He (RCMP Sgt. Brian Topham) did confirm that officer relied on forced entry to get into numerous houses during the early stages of the flood because of an “urgent need”.

What an utterly absurd statement.

“Urgent need???”

They already evacuated the town. What possible “urgent need” could there be to break into people’s homes and search them, illegally search them without a warrant let me remind you, for firearms?

Which homes did they search? Every home? Or did they just search the homes of “known firearm owners“? That would mean law-abiding firearm owners, by definition, since only law-abiding firearm owners take the time and trouble to obtain a firearms license, which leads to the next conclusion: the RCMP used the federal firearm owner licensing database to obtain the home addresses of every known firearm owner in High River, Alberta.

If that doesn’t terrify you then you simply aren’t paying attention.

This is far more heinous than it appears to the average Canadian, I’m certain.

These criminals then had the audacity to publicly state they were “no longer forcing themselves into homes” and any home they did break into already “would be secured.”

Comforting, isn’t it? The homes were already secure before these criminals broke into them!

It’s like a serial rapist telling his rape victim everything is all right because he’s going to give her a shower, get her all cleaned up and then drop her off at the nearest hospital.

This is both repulsive and disgusting behaviour from civil servants who supposedly protect Canadians, not steal their property to serve their own political anti-gun agenda.

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham.

“People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”

Is this moron for real? Obviously the firearms were safe if these criminals had to physically break into homes to steal them!

“I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a person’s belongings out of their home,” said resident Brenda Lackey, after learning Mounties have been taking residents’ guns. “When people find out about this there’s going to be untold hell to pay.”

That’s just it. They DON’T have the right to break into your home and steal your property. They are criminals.

This is the ugly hand of the RCMP’s unspoken but very real pogrom against Canada’s law-abiding firearm owners in action: to seize firearms by any means necessary and only return those you absolutely must.

We have seized a large quantity of firearms simply because they were left by residents in their places,” said Sgt. Topham.

Really? “Left Behind?“ Is that honestly the best story they can peddle?

How would the RCMP thieves know any firearms were “left by residents in their places” unless they had not first broke into people’s homes and searched them illegally and without a search warrant?

This is an important point, and one that every media outlet in the nation ought to be screaming about from the rooftops. Warrantless searches of an entire evacuated town is something we would decry in every newscast in the nation if it happened in Zimbabwe or some other third-world nation, yet when it happens right here in Canada we barely get a bored and tired yawn from anyone.

Let me recap.

First, the RCMP breaks into the homes of flood victims, ransacks their private property and steals that which they deem “dangerous” or “politically incorrect“, then they lay down spike belts across roads so we “mere citizens” can’t drive past their blockade into town.

As heinous and repulsive as all of this is, it’s not even the worst of it. Are you ready for that?

RCMP will not return firearms to anyone who cannot “prove ownership”. That certainly sounds like firearm confiscation, doesn’t it? The long gun registry is dead. I know I’ve bought a lot of firearms since then where there is no paper trail. What do I need a receipt for? I paid cash for the guns and both parties were exceedingly happy with the transactions.

But in High River, Alberta? Good luck. No receipt, no way the RCMP is going to hand back your personal property even though they most certainly, even in the thrill of their thievery, made note of which firearms they stole from which address, right?

It wasn’t even my home these thieves broke into and *I* feel violated.

When the RCMP lays criminal charges for “illegal possession of a firearm” against High River residents as a result of their thievery that’s when the real **** will hit the proverbial fan.

If you know anyone who lives in High River, Alberta, who had their home broken into by the RCMP and their private property stolen… er removed for their own good… then please urge them to do the following:

1. File an official complaint with the RCMP Complaints Commission.

2. File an official complaint directly with RCMP Commissioner Robert Paulson.

3. Photograph the evidence of the break and entry. Send copies of those photos with a description of the RCMP ransacking of their home to the Mayor of High River, their local MLA and MP and to the Prime Minister of Canada.

4. Send copies of the photos and the description of the RCMP looting of their home to Brian Lilley at Sun TV.

5. Send copies of the photos and the description of the RCMP thievery to every local, provincial and national newspaper in the country.

Heck, send me a copy and I will post it here, minus personally identifying information, of course!

Don’t stop talking about this to every newspaper and television reporter you can find. Keep calling the RCMP Complaints Commission and RCMP Commissioner Robert Paulson’s office until you get answers about whose heads will roll as a result of this unconstitutional and criminal action perpetrated against flood victims.

Keep calling your MLA’s and MP’s offices until you get answers. Honest and complete answers about why the RCMP felt the urgent need to steal from law-abiding Canadians already evacuated from their homes.

These officially-sanctioned gun thieves must be brought to justice.

hxxp://christopherdiarmani.com/10532/police/abuse-of-police-authority/high-river-rcmp-looters-criminals-treated-immediately/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=high-river-rcmp-looters-criminals-treated-immediately

That is bang on! Please post this on other firearms sites
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadirk View Post
Better get your facts straight! This is a first.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM

First, I do not believe the RCMP decsion to remove any firearms (or other property) was justifiable unless there is some precedent of actual widespread issues in previous areas where a states of emergency were declared. Second, I believe the decision came from within the RCMP chain of command (not politically based). Third, I do not suscribe to any "conspiricy" theories by government. Fourth, I believe that individual officers who followed their "orders" were just doing their job, and any suggestion that they commited a criminal act is nonsense. I believe that everybody will recover their firearms albeit inconvenient...In the scheme of things, the floods created a lot of issues more serious than "inconvenience". Finally, I believe the officer that "gave the order" should be subject to review. He/she most certainly created a public relations nightmare.
I have yet to hear any facts regarding what the extent of the seizures really were.... I suspect in the end, this will be a bit of a tempest in a tea pot. And, will add another page to the RCMP operations manual.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM

I suspect they used the database of PAL holders to choose houses to search. The numbers they themselves provided don't add up. They claim to have searches 4600 homes. (This was done prior to the Emergency Management Act being declared,which makes the house searches illegal...another story) Out of those 4600 homes, they seized "hundreds" of firearms that were "just lying around in plain sight." These are the RCMP's own words. If you do the math, it is simply impossible for them to search that many houses in such a short amount of time. And they seized hundreds of firearms? Those houses were targeted.

I have quite a bit of family on my wife's side in High River. Most have lost everything including her grandmother who was supposed to have her 90th bday in High River over the weekend. She lost everything.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Fourth, I believe that individual officers who followed their "orders" were just doing their job, and any suggestion that they commited a criminal act is nonsense. I believe that everybody will recover their firearms albeit inconvenient...In the scheme of things, the floods created a lot of issues more serious than "inconvenience". Finally, I believe the officer that "gave the order" should be subject to review. He/she most certainly created a public relations nightmare.
They broke into homes and took items out that did not belong to them. Break and entry is a criminal act. Hence, the RCMP involved committed a criminal act. And the whole "just following orders" thing has been used too many times throughout history as an excuse to get away with committing crimes.

If they followed an illegal order, one that they knew was illegal, then they are just as guilty as the person who gave the order.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
Better get your facts straight! This is a first.
Maybe you should.

Illegal RCMP Searches in Slave Lake?
May 25, 2011
Abuse of Authority, Charter of Rights and Freedoms Breaches, Police Misconduct
The residents of Slave Lake Alberta have been through the worst disaster most families will ever have to face: losing everything you own overnight. If you haven’t been following the news, a massive fire took out about half of Slave Lake. It is a complete and utter disaster zone.

News reports began surfacing on Sunday that the RCMP was searching all the homes in Slave Lake, claiming to be searching for “safety risks”.

Do the RCMP have the authority to simply walk into your home and search it from top to bottom? It’s a good question, and the answer seems simple enough.

If you were at home, they would require a search warrant before they could enter. The law also stipulates that you have the right to read that search warrant before it’s served.

In reality, of course, the police often don’t bother with such niceties as obeying the law. They simply drag you out of your home and threaten you with obstruction of justice charges if you don’t comply. Don’t believe me… just ask Brian Ward of Parksville, BC. That’s exactly what happened when RCMP showed up to search his home.

While Brian watched from across the street, his wife was hauled out of his home and threatened with obstruction of justice charges if she didn’t do exactly what they said.

Read the warrant?

Good luck with that.

Now in Slave Lake, all the residents have been evacuated and the RCMP are searching wherever they please. And the residents?

They’re all many miles from the homes they were forced to abandon, and they now find themselves at the whim and mercy of the RCMP.

Of course the RCMP doesn’t see it that way. (I’m shocked!)

“We are not just entering houses arbitrarily, but we do have a duty to ensure the safety of the area,” said Tim Taniguchi with Slave Lake RCMP. “We’re also assisting fire services with entering homes that pose a fire risk.”
During their searches, police natrurally have come across firearms. It’s a northern rural community. Of course there will be firearms in many of the homes! Nobody but the RCMP seems surprised by this fact.

“The officers have come across several firearms and have seized that property,” said Taniguchi. “Until those sort of items are cleared, it’s not safe for residents to return.”
I fail to comprehend that statement. The presence of firearms in someone’s home does NOT make it unsafe. It is no more “unsafe” as the RCMP’s Tim Taniguchi claims, the day AFTER the fire than it was the day BEFORE the fire.

It’s not unsafe at all.

Then Taniguchi lobs out some great “spin”. I say spin, because it sure isn’t fact… nothing but pure fantasy.

Taniguchi said an ammunition magazine heated up and exploded, sending shots firing during the initial sweep of the area, while media were inside the town on a tour.

“Part of the reason we are going through people’s houses is to find these things that are dangerous,” he said.
In a word…

Hatcher’s Notebook is arguably one of the most comprehensive encyclopedias of firearms knowledge on the planet. It was written by US Major General Julian S. Hatcher, and compiles his lifetime of knowledge and research into almost every facet of firearms and ammunition known to mankind.

I would never want to flat-out call the RCMP’s Tim Taniguchi a liar, but I will say that he is a very, very long way from the truth when he claims that ammunition heated up and exploded, sending shots firing dangerously through the area.

Quoting from Hatcher’s Notebook, page 531, under the heading of “Small Arms Ammunition as a Fire or Explosion Hazard” he writes:

As for any possible explosion hazard from small arms ammunition, even in large quantities, it can be said with confidence that there is no

Read the complete article at: http://christopherdiarmani.com/2325/...in-slave-lake/
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Maybe you should.

[I]Illegal RCMP Searches in Slave Lake?
May 25, 2011
Abuse of Authority, Charter of Rights and Freedoms Breaches, Police Misconduct
The residents of Slave Lake Alberta have been through the worst disaster most families will ever have to face: losing everything you own overnight. If you haven’t been following the news, a massive fire took out about half of Slave Lake. It is a complete and utter disaster zone.
Wow. I was not aware of them seizing firearms in Slave Lake. Its time to rid ourselves of RCMP services.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagalaz View Post
They broke into homes and took items out that did not belong to them. Break and entry is a criminal act. Hence, the RCMP involved committed a criminal act. And the whole "just following orders" thing has been used too many times throughout history as an excuse to get away with committing crimes.

If they followed an illegal order, one that they knew was illegal, then they are just as guilty as the person who gave the order.
The declaration of a "state of emergency" (or whatever the proper name in the Act) authorized entry. At that point, that was the law in effect. If that conjecture is incorrect, please point me to the facts.
Probably not too many here that have not felt uncomfortable---but complied with a directive at their place of work. With police work, military ---etc, compliance in the chain of command is absolutely essential.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
The declaration of a "state of emergency" (or whatever the proper name in the Act) authorized entry. At that point, that was the law in effect. If that conjecture is incorrect, please point me to the facts.
Probably not too many here that have not felt uncomfortable---but complied with a directive at their place of work. With police work, military ---etc, compliance in the chain of command is absolutely essential.
Charter Violation. Unreasonable Search (breaking in) and Siezure (taking property)

Even in a state of emergency, your CHARTER RIGHTS are not compromised.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
The declaration of a "state of emergency" (or whatever the proper name in the Act) authorized entry. At that point, that was the law in effect. If that conjecture is incorrect, please point me to the facts.Many on here have said the searches were taking place before the state of emergency was declared, besides even under a state of emergency order your charter rights are protected
Probably not too many here that have not felt uncomfortable---but complied with a directive at their place of work.I you have done this you are a fool. You are also the reason my Workers Comp rates are so high. Use your brain With police work, military ---etc, compliance in the chain of command is absolutely essential.
This defence was used at Nueremburg. Didnt work there either. Rights are not taken away. They are given up little by little by sheeple such as yourself, or to state it so people of your mindset can understand baaa baaa baaa baaa
Old 07-03-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
Charter Violation. Unreasonable Search (breaking in) and Siezure (taking property)

Even in a state of emergency, your CHARTER RIGHTS are not compromised.
Interpertation of "unreasonable" changes with emergency declaration. What was "unreasonable" the day before was "reasonable" in the emergency. So, would you say someone is breaking into your car when it is upside down immediately after a roll-over? Guess emergency crews need to get authorized access to get you out? And what about your wallet and cell phone ---ahh, right... charge them with theft if they remove it from the wreck ....
Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
This defence was used at Nueremburg. Didnt work there either. Rights are not taken away. They are given up little by little by sheeple such as yourself, or to state it so people of your mindset can understand baaa baaa baaa baaa
You should be ashamed of yourself for comparing Nuerenburg with what happened in High River.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Bryan Lily and Tony B. Sun news.

http://bcove.me/6t1bjnuc

Not cool what went down in High River. Unfortunately, I don't think anything will come of it, other than more distrust of the mounties.