Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2023, 04:07 PM
hawken's Avatar
hawken hawken is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 550
Default Remove Please.

Hi guys.
Buffalo target shooters association (West of Calgary) is thinking about adding archery to the range. We now have a 200 m rifle range and five multi use bays (pistol, shotgun and rifle)
We could do a series of 3-D animal targets along a forest trail and/or static bullís-eye type targets in a bay. I would like some feedback on whether this interests anyone and looking for suggestions.
Membership is $275 per year and you can go shooting anytime.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-27-2023, 08:48 PM
FinnDawg FinnDawg is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Calgary
Posts: 413
Default

Calgary is in need of this big time in my opinion. This forum is pretty dead so I’m not sure you will get that much response compared to Facebook groups.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2023, 09:50 PM
jcrayford jcrayford is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Usually the office, but the bush when I can
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawken View Post
Hi guys.
Buffalo target shooters association (West of Calgary) is thinking about adding archery to the range. We now have a 200 m rifle range and five multi use bays (pistol, shotgun and rifle)
We could do a series of 3-D animal targets along a forest trail and/or static bullís-eye type targets in a bay. I would like some feedback on whether this interests anyone and looking for suggestions.
Membership is $275 per year and you can go shooting anytime.
Thanks
Just suggesting.... Some quick research tells me that the price being asked *may* be a little high?

I was a member of the Calgary Archers on Hwy 8 when it was going until the end and the memberships were more fairly priced without the long commute.

I agree with Finndawg about YYC needing additional choices, but for my money the price above will make me look elsewhere. Primarily due to the commute (time and fuel) + the membership.

J.
__________________
My $0.02.... Please feel free to take my comments with a grain of salt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2023, 10:15 PM
hawken's Avatar
hawken hawken is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Just suggesting.... Some quick research tells me that the price being asked *may* be a little high?

I was a member of the Calgary Archers on Hwy 8 when it was going until the end and the memberships were more fairly priced without the long commute.

I agree with Finndawg about YYC needing additional choices, but for my money the price above will make me look elsewhere. Primarily due to the commute (time and fuel) + the membership.

J.
J, What other rifle, pistol, shotgun and maybe soon to be archery ranges around Calgary are less than $275?
https://btsa.ca/

Anyway, I'm really just looking to see what people would like for an archery set up so we can make it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2023, 10:31 PM
kostianych's Avatar
kostianych kostianych is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,029
Default

Great!!! Go for it..... long overdue....
__________________
Ask-hole: Someone who constantly asks for advice then does the opposite of what you told them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2023, 09:03 PM
jcrayford jcrayford is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Usually the office, but the bush when I can
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawken View Post
J, What other rifle, pistol, shotgun and maybe soon to be archery ranges around Calgary are less than $275?
https://btsa.ca/

Anyway, I'm really just looking to see what people would like for an archery set up so we can make it happen.
And therein lies the problem - I assumed something when I read your original post....

I apologize. I read the original post in that the price of the archery only membership was $275. Didn't even occur to me that you meant combined membership (archery and rifle/shotgun/pistol) for that overall price.

In that aspect, then yes I would agree that for that price the combined membership would hold value to those wishing to practice all of those.

I personally don't have a need for pistol practice (don't own one) and as for the shotgun/rifle I already have access to land to practice those on when the time comes. But I've recently signed up for another archery range within driving distance of my house and am looking forward to getting back into regular practice with my bow after not having practice facilities at my leisure for many years.

Again, sorry for any confusion I may have caused with my incorrect assumption.

J.
__________________
My $0.02.... Please feel free to take my comments with a grain of salt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.