Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-24-2023, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I have a bunch (5) of the Spypoint Link Micros, both LTE and Solar models.

Pros:

- Cost of the camera

- Free Plan

Cons:

- Everything

Super duper unreliable, poor picture quality, bad cell service.

Overall, they are a low end cost effective camera, but I have ZERO faith in them to work when I need them too.
Yes I've had five of them also from the microlink to the the new one the flex they're all garbage

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2023, 08:07 AM

Default Tactacam Reveal support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
And the customer service is second to none! Unlike Spypoint that won’t even answer calls.

I would disagree. I have 4 Tactacams (3 of them cellular). On 3 of them battery life is great. Most recent one I got (Reveal X) gets about 3 weeks out of 12 batteries. I thought it was a bad batch of batteries so went out (2 hour drive and 45 minute hike) and replaced them. Three weeks later batteries low again. I emailed Tactacam and they said to buy a solar panel for it. So I did and it can barely keep up charging the battery. One other camera started getting poor quality images (Foggy). So I went online filled out a form and got an auto reply with a link to fill out a form and it sent me to the same form I had filled out. Thought I had done something wrong so filled out the form again. Same auto reply email. So I've pretty much given up on support from Tactacam!!
Old 01-24-2023, 05:18 PM

This is a sample from one of my Moultrie Deltas. Not the greatest positioning (into the Sun) and I think something has been licking it.

https://youtu.be/Cvsh0UVXFTE
Old 01-25-2023, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
My spy points all died are you using lithium batteries thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
No lithium batteries. I just use Energizer.

Craig
Old 01-25-2023, 09:51 AM

I have 3 Tactacams. All work good while working. This year both my gen 1's failed. The one works great expect it doesn't send pictures they told me this is a rare issue and really no fix it for. My other Gen 1 worked great all season but they told me it needed a firmware upgrade or it could fail also. After the season I went to upgrade the firmware followed the instructions... camera bricked again a known "rare issue". Both fails are due to firmware issues. Support was decent but wouldn't do anything for me even though it was known firmware issues. I was a very happy Customer now looking to replace my fleet with something else.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:53 AM

I run lithium battery's and a solar panel set up with mine. With just lithium's I would get about 2000 pictures.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:41 AM

I have a couple spypoint link cameras, one solar and one battery only. I have had great luck with them but its worth buying the external antenna from amazon and you can get cell service almost anywhere. Batteries are lasting over a year in mine (yes left out in the winter). The only thing I find is you have to watch a bit for software updates and when there is an update, download it on your card and then go stick the new card in the camera. I think that is the biggest issue that some people might overlook.

The big benefit is a FREE plan for 100 pictures, I don't know of any others that have free plans.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:40 PM

Ran a couple tactacams. Only issue was when the Verizon sim card stopped working completely. Which apparently effects all Verizon sim cards. They did provide the best cs for anything I've ever dealt with and replaced camera with a new one.

Reconoco. Had two, an older scout that works alright, but I'm not fully impressed with it. The newer kanuk has been very good. Zero issues with it.

Would go with either the tactacams or kanuk again.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikka300 View Post
I have a couple spypoint link cameras, one solar and one battery only. I have had great luck with them but its worth buying the external antenna from amazon and you can get cell service almost anywhere. Batteries are lasting over a year in mine (yes left out in the winter). The only thing I find is you have to watch a bit for software updates and when there is an update, download it on your card and then go stick the new card in the camera. I think that is the biggest issue that some people might overlook.

The big benefit is a FREE plan for 100 pictures, I don't know of any others that have free plans.
They will do a remote update from their side if you want them to , no need to take the update to the camera.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:38 PM

We have 6 of the spypoint cell cams and have no issues, but wish for better picture quality. Also have a couple of the adapters for other cameras and there not the best.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:01 AM
Banned

We started off with one Stealth Reactor cell cam. It is has worked well in east central Alberta, ended up getting 2 more. Never had an area we put them where they didn't work. I like the app where almost all the camera settings can be adjusted on your laptop.........maybe they all do that. Cell company is AT&T. Got some bad knees so I never used to be able to put the cams to far from where I could drive to but now my sons put cams where ever they like, distance from the road doesn't matter.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
This is a sample from one of my Moultrie Deltas. Not the greatest positioning (into the Sun) and I think something has been licking it.

https://youtu.be/Cvsh0UVXFTE
Here's another one:

https://youtu.be/BZcZU9GpOtQ
Old 02-27-2023, 12:05 PM
Banned

Unhappy Ck2pbr

Can't use wireless trail cam in BC