Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 11-16-2018, 09:20 AM
lmtada's Avatar
lmtada lmtada is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,098
Default

Life is short.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 621921F9-D282-4B2D-B3E5-544213681F0A.jpg (30.4 KB, 148 views)
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:10 AM
Bub Bub is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Last week I was out in a field welding a gate stone cold sober as always and seen something I couldn’t explain. When a welding helmet is down you have what we call a rear view mirror or reflection in the lens from behind. So while welding I thought I saw what appeared to be a tall husky man walk by behind me and even felt the wind change briefly. When I lifted my hood a couple seconds later no one was there. This was a large field
It's gotta be all dat weed getting to you, man.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Bub Bub is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,392
Default

Saw a thread locked today. The one about the "hybrid potential" or whatever. Why? Because a few idiots made their idiotic comments? Why lock the thread though? (to make it clear here, I am not "bashing the forum and calling out the mods")

Erinawol (sorry for the misspelling, if any) did alright, I think, and put down a good whitetail deer. She expressed her thoughts, that are obviously valid because those are her thoughts, to share with other hunters. Then the idiots popped up saying that she should work on her identification skills, something about damaging the farmer's crop with a foot of snow on it, etc. Really? Then one dude suggests that she should talk less and listen more. Seriously? She had a couple dozen posts before this season judging by the number of posts she has now and what i saw her posting in the past couple of weeks. A couple dozen in 7 or whatever years, for your information.

The point of this post is WTF is wrong with you people? Why go and post this garbage in a fairly innocent thread? Shame, really.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 11-24-2018, 07:14 AM
vcmm's Avatar
vcmm vcmm is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vulcan Ab
Posts: 3,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Saw a thread locked today. The one about the "hybrid potential" or whatever. Why? Because a few idiots made their idiotic comments? Why lock the thread though? (to make it clear here, I am not "bashing the forum and calling out the mods")

Erinawol (sorry for the misspelling, if any) did alright, I think, and put down a good whitetail deer. She expressed her thoughts, that are obviously valid because those are her thoughts, to share with other hunters. Then the idiots popped up saying that she should work on her identification skills, something about damaging the farmer's crop with a foot of snow on it, etc. Really? Then one dude suggests that she should talk less and listen more. Seriously? She had a couple dozen posts before this season judging by the number of posts she has now and what i saw her posting in the past couple of weeks. A couple dozen in 7 or whatever years, for your information.

The point of this post is WTF is wrong with you people? Why go and post this garbage in a fairly innocent thread? Shame, really.
Correct. I thought we were past this garbage. It causes folks to stop posting.
__________________
"It's like bragging that it's 10 CENTIMETERS LONG! (when really, it's 4" dude, settle down)"
Huntinstuff


"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 11-24-2018, 11:16 AM
^v^Tinda wolf^v^ ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,134
Default

The Government can kiss my behind on their newly proposed provincial park junk. It cannot be allowed! Stand up and fight for what little freedom we as Albertans have left. Provincial parks = No firearms or free camping= everyone looses.

Rant over.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 11-26-2018, 08:41 PM
^v^Tinda wolf^v^ ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
It's gotta be all dat weed getting to you, man.
I know! shipping is fairly quick
I also thought I was in the weird stuff at work thread

A friend just telling me he keeps his weed with his handguns since legalization. It sounds legal but just seems wrong somehow
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:03 AM
drhu22 drhu22 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I know! shipping is fairly quick
I also thought I was in the weird stuff at work thread
A friend just telling me he keeps his weed with his handguns since legalization. It sounds legal but just seems wrong somehow
Huh? He wasnt worried before legalization? I think I missed the point.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Huh? He wasnt worried before legalization? I think I missed the point.
Sure would like some new ripper teeth this morning. I might get more penetration with my unit.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:21 AM
drhu22 drhu22 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Sure would like some new ripper teeth this morning. I might get more penetration with my unit.
Oh... I see
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 AM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Oh... I see
How's that for random?
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:27 AM
drhu22 drhu22 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
How's that for random?
I'm impressed!
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
I'm impressed!
Our safety girl is hot.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Au revoir, Gopher's Avatar
Au revoir, Gopher Au revoir, Gopher is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Westerose
Posts: 4,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Our safety girl is hot.
That doesn't sound safe.

ARG
__________________
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
That doesn't sound safe.

ARG
It sure isn't but I'm neutered.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:43 PM
hayseed's Avatar
hayseed hayseed is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
It sure isn't but I'm neutered.
Lmao!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 11-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 7,810
Default

I'm going to get a Slurpee.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 11-27-2018, 06:25 PM
^v^Tinda wolf^v^ ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,134
Default

I like surrounding myself around confident and inspiring people who drive me to try even harder to accomplish my goals. I hate road blocks, drama and constant negativity.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 11-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I like surrounding myself around confident and inspiring people who drive me to try even harder to accomplish my goals. I hate road blocks, drama and constant negativity.
A lot of truth to that. Much the same as me.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 11-27-2018, 07:39 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 38,678
Default

I am getting my gear together for training this winter for a big re-match with a particular person next spring and realized that I will be shooting of all things a......CREEDMOOR!!:scare d0018:
Cat
__________________
Anytime I figure I've got this long range thing figured out, I just strap into the sling and irons and remind myself that I don't!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:58 AM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,449
Default

Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 11-30-2018, 03:41 PM
Stinky Buffalo's Avatar
Stinky Buffalo Stinky Buffalo is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A bit North o' Center...
Posts: 11,282
Default

Piffle or not piffle?
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:07 PM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,449
Default

Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 12-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Unregistered user Unregistered user is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,157
Default

Just ate a batch of wings from My Bradley smoker. Awesome! But I'm out and I'm still hungry.
__________________
Former Ford Fan
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 12-31-2018, 09:52 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 19,039
Default

You know if you buy a new towel and try to use it that it barely adsorbs water? Well apparently if you wash with no fabric softer then finch with 1/2 cup white vinegar then wash again with 1/2 cup baking soda it will work better.

It removes all the chemicals that the towel is produced with.

Now. Discuss.
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:15 AM
Unregistered user Unregistered user is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,157
Default

Happy new year.
__________________
Former Ford Fan
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM
Dubious Dubious is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,540
Default

Do crabs think fish can fly?
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:06 PM
SuperCub's Avatar
SuperCub SuperCub is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SJ, NB
Posts: 410
Default

Worked over 2600 hours this year. Had a month off this summer.
__________________
"The majority is never right."
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,665
Default

-20 @ 8 this morning by 930 it was -5
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 12-31-2018, 05:40 PM
tri777's Avatar
tri777 tri777 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,032
Default

How in heck did NASA figure out how to get to the moon in '69,
but forgot how to now?..some backwards evolving going on there..
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:10 PM
EZM's Avatar
EZM EZM is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 11,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
How in heck did NASA figure out how to get to the moon in '69,
but forgot how to now?..some backwards evolving going on there..
Some people think the moon landing was a staged hoax in order to create the propaganda of "America's great technological Advantage" during the cold war era.

Some say that the technology they had at the time could have landed on the moon, however, the part about getting back off and landing safely on earth was impossible.

Strange conspiracy theory or food for thought?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.