Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-31-2022, 12:48 PM

Deadeye, they will ask you to confirm your identity. DOB, email, mailing and physical address if different, phone number(s) on file, and place of your birth, and why you need another gun (target shooting, never collector!).

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-31-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Deadeye, they will ask you to confirm your identity. DOB, email, mailing and physical address if different, phone number(s) on file, and place of your birth, and why you need another gun (target shooting, never collector!).
Thanks for the reply.. Personal information isn't a problem. But, if buying from a business, do I need to know anything that only they would be able to supply or do they have all that already on hand? Thanks Fred
Old 07-31-2022, 06:28 PM

If you are buying from a business, name and PAL, and maybe your place of birth (not sure on that one). I haven't bought new for a long time. The business should take care of the whole transfer process, they have their own online portal. You don't need to call in at all.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-03-2022, 08:52 AM

Update - Ordered June 6th from RDSC, received transfer notice via email from CFO on July 29th - note that they don't send the notice to the CFO, so I forwarded mine immediately to RDSC and they will be shipping shortly!

So yeah it's taking a while, debating whether I take a chance and get another one at this point.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:49 PM

Made a purchase from Cabela's on June 7, finally got the buyer's transfer confirmation in my email box today. I emailed that to Cabela's tonight, so now the waiting begins.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:23 PM

Purchase made on June 2.
Yesterday it took 21 tries to get placed on hold
On hold for 25 minutes until I spoke to a lovely, helpful gal
She got all the information required, and put me on hold for another 5 minutes
Transfer completed and emails sent
Shipping happened today!
Old 08-12-2022, 08:41 AM

Purchased June 2nd. Still waiting. Called CFP last week they said my info looks good but it’s stuck with Alberta CFO. I try calling every day starting at 8am and can never get through. Not even a queue. The x9026 doesn’t work either.

Anyone else got ideas?
Old 08-12-2022, 09:23 AM

Do you still need to provide a membership to a range?
Old 08-12-2022, 09:25 AM

To be honest I’m not sure. I’ve got one on file.

Update: I don’t know what karma this website has but after posting 45 min ago, I tried once more. Connected and transfer approved. Stars aligned today.

CFO said they are working on purchases from early June still.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:22 PM

I need abit of help filling out my renewal form
I have possession and acquisition for restricted and non-restricted

But on the form it has non-restricted in one line for a price and the other line its has restricted or prohibited for another price not sure which one im to check off
Old 08-14-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
I need abit of help filling out my renewal form
I have possession and acquisition for restricted and non-restricted

But on the form it has non-restricted in one line for a price and the other line its has restricted or prohibited for another price not sure which one im to check off
If you currently have a RPAL check off "restricted" only and pay that price. Leave the non-restricted blank.

I called the CFO and asked this question as I was confused as well.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:52 PM

Is the transfer any faster if you speak with the cfo? I called a couple of weeks ago using ext. 2502 and she said that everything is in order and I'm in the queue. I completely understand the wait times. But I'm so impatient.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2022, 10:13 AM

Perfect thanks for the info
Old 08-15-2022, 10:54 AM

geez.. I see some ppl here have called and had the transfer happen right then and there.

I've called the CFO and AB CFO and each time I was told "It's still being process.. we are sorry, but there's nothing we can do"

I've emailed a few times and its funny, depending on who responds to your email, you get different info.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:16 PM

Well, the last handgun I will ever buy, a Uberti 1873 "El Patron" ordered at 9:30am June 1, arrived today (All my other purchases arrived in a few weeks). It's smooth and crisp and feels perfect in my hand. Yet I am still sad.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:04 AM

I've been calling the Alberta CFO for close to an hour. Been able to get "in line" 3 times, and 3 times the call was dropped after waiting 5 to 15mins. I'm currently on hold for the 4th time. I wish you could leave a number that would call you back when the next available caller is ready.

Damn!!! My call was dropped again before posting this. This is such absolute bull crap.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:02 AM

Has anyone tried that 2502 extension this morning? I've been trying but it immediately goes to voicemail saying they are closed today. oh well, try Monday I guess.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:49 AM

I'm not exactly sure what that extension does. Maybe it helps get through for private sales?

When I purchased my restricted from a store a few weeks ago, the guy said I don't have to call in. They do it all on their end. But I called anyway because that is how I've always done it. It didn't take long to get through. The lady I talked to was very nice. She said everything is in order, I'm in the queue, and I'm looking at 6-8 weeks wait time.

I was kind of expecting to have an answer within the day like I usually do, and other people have mentioned getting approved right away. Buy they told me I'm in a long line. Which I completely understand, but I thought that extension was the magic code to get the approval.

Old 08-19-2022, 09:06 AM

Sold one on July 12 still waiting for transfer, seems to be getting slower in June it only took 3 weeks.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:26 AM

Sold a CZ 9mm got ref # June 29th. Waiting....
Old 08-19-2022, 09:33 AM

Bought a 1911 June 17th from RDSC, still waiting.

Also just bought a Glock 17 from them the other day.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knacker View Post
I've been calling the Alberta CFO for close to an hour. Been able to get "in line" 3 times, and 3 times the call was dropped after waiting 5 to 15mins. I'm currently on hold for the 4th time. I wish you could leave a number that would call you back when the next available caller is ready.

Damn!!! My call was dropped again before posting this. This is such absolute bull crap.
Well I finally got in touch yesterday morning with the Alberta CFO and got my transfer completed. This handgun was purchased on June 17th at Bashaw Sports. It's being shipped this afternoon and should have it sometime next week.

I only had 1 dropped call yesterday but I had around 11 dropped calls total over 3 days, and spent over 3 hours trying. I figure I spent half of the 3hrs just being in the queue until the imminent dropped call would happen. Not sure why the calls were dropping either. I tried calling with both my cell and home phone and it made no difference for avoiding the dropped calls. If the cell signal wasn't the culprit, I assume with all the guys trying to reach the CFO, it created a bit of a Denial-of-Service attack scenario.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:06 AM

So I called this morning and talked to the alberta cfo. They are still processing transfers from June. But she took a look and approved mine while I waited. She was very pleasant and easy to deal with. About an hour later the gun shop called and said it's ready to pick up. I got a case and two locks and I'm heading to pick up my new baby today.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:46 PM

Waiting since June 29th. Guy i sold pistol to got thru today to see what was happening ,the gal said yup your in the line for CFO approval.... it was 8 weeks it's more like 10 weeks now.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:23 AM

I spoke to them yesterday on the phone (my purchase transfer just went in for approval) and they said 6-10 weeks is now the process time.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:28 PM

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post
I ordered one June 3 from a small town store dealer, Visa was charged on June 6th.... nothing but silence and waiting over here still. Kind of discouraging knowing summer might be over and hunting season will be upon us before I get to try it out.
I'd say you did pretty good time wise.

So after about a hundred tries and countless hours on hold in the Q only to have the calls dropped ( usually around the 32 min mark ). I managed to talk to a nice lady last Friday, actually was shocked when she picked up the call. She informed me of my transfer awaiting final approval at the AB cfo office, nothing she could do to speed up the process but offered a reference number. I didn't take up much of her time maybe 3- 4 mins, was just happy that things were moving along.
I have finally received my transfer notification on Aug 30 . Turns out the store waited a few extra days to start the transfer paper work.... Now to do a road trip or have it delivered???? Summers not over yet but by the time the registration certificate come in the snail mail, a couple weeks for that probably, cooler weather and hunting season is here...
A few days short of 3 months for a transfer notification.... for something that used to take less than an hour to process.....
At least I will have it on hand for the spring time...
Old 08-31-2022, 11:12 PM

June 8 - August 30 for me. On a side note, I put a drop in instead of a range membership. I indicated the name of the range as well though and can’t be certain how the stored handled it.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:19 AM

June 2nd... still waiting....
Old 09-02-2022, 05:57 PM

July 5th purchase, just received transfer… 8 weeks

LC
Old 09-02-2022, 07:58 PM

Call the CFO guys!!

They told me they were still dealing with transfers from June. Then asked if I could hold for a few minutes while she looked at my transfer. And approved me in a few minutes.

The person most people are talking to is an information office, not the CFO.

Oh and the phone number opens at 8:30. So start redialing at 8:29 until it answers. You'll be in the beginning of the queue. My phone call was only a few minutes.

Good luck everyone!