Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-28-2023, 03:23 PM

Default Eskimo tent pole/hub replacement. Anyone ever have to do it?

I have an Eskimo 949 and had a hub blow on me today. Maybe two. More than one pole busted. Anyone go through the process of replacing them in the past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2023, 04:06 PM

Replaced them on my antique ice cube fairly easy.Get in touch with Eskimo they may send you one for free.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:53 PM

Yea. That’s the plan. Glad to hear it was fairly easy to do.

Old 01-28-2023, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
Yea. That’s the plan. Glad to hear it was fairly easy to do.

I recommend getting a few extra when you order them. It saves time in getting the equipment repaired while waiting for the replacement. I had several break on me, finally had Eskimo on speed dial, ordered 5 at a time, then equipment was always in good repair. Quit letting my kid use my equipment, need for repairs seemed to decrease.... 🤷
Old 01-28-2023, 06:08 PM

I have taken many of my tents apart as they shrink because of age ,the poles are just to long . So I cut 2 inches off each of the poles ,so its not so hard to pull up each zippers. I also notice popping them out is easier as taking the tent down .So something to think about while its apart .
Old 01-28-2023, 06:48 PM

You don’t find that shortening the poles affects the stability in the wind? Interesting idea. I’ve had this tent 10 years or so. It’s never given me problems until today.

Old 01-28-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
You don’t find that shortening the poles affects the stability in the wind? Interesting idea. I’ve had this tent 10 years or so. It’s never given me problems until today.

Go to peavy mart or ufa and by a cattle prod there fiber glass and they work good for a replacement pole. Just make sure the diameter is the same. Have done this with my tents and seems to work just perfect. You have to cut them to length. Do not cut any poles shorter than what factory is or you will end up with a easy popping tent that must always be pegged on the sides in the wind or it will bite you.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:16 PM

Quote:

The Sides are still tight ,I would just cut the poles if the zipper is getting tight half way down .
Old 01-28-2023, 10:45 PM

I contacted Eskimo about a broken pole on my Quickfish 6i and they sent me two for free.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 01-30-2023, 02:40 PM

Two Brothers small engine in Calgary carry most poles. You will need the serial number stitched into the tent on the tent inside. Or contact Eskimo directly. Quite easy to replace as stated
Old 01-30-2023, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dog View Post
Two Brothers small engine in Calgary carry most poles. You will need the serial number stitched into the tent on the tent inside. Or contact Eskimo directly. Quite easy to replace as stated
Thanks for this note. I have them working on a quote for me. They have to order them in. Eskimo won't ship directly to me and has told me to go through their distributors in SK and MB. Shipping from SK and MB is quite high so I'm looking for alternatives. Also checking on same dimension equipment to use as replacement.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks for this note. I have them working on a quote for me. They have to order them in. Eskimo won't ship directly to me and has told me to go through their distributors in SK and MB. Shipping from SK and MB is quite high so I'm looking for alternatives. Also checking on same dimension equipment to use as replacement.

Wondering how you made out, any update