Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 12:33 PM

Default Baikal mp 153 parts (rem spr 453)

Looking for a left extractor. Only place I found one is eaa
In the states and they wont ship to canada. Baikal canada laughed and said good luck anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-12-2018, 06:59 PM

Default sad to say

A buddy has one he hasn't used for a couple seasons as parts not available . This is why I won't buy a Russian sporting arm ,Chinese or Turkish for that matter .....here today gone tomorrow .No support.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:45 PM

Had the same problem with a Baikal sxs. All i needed was a firing pin. The only way to fix the problem i found was to have one made, preferably made by that gun smith in Maple Creek SK that i can never remember his name, but he is 4 hours one way away from me. I gave up and just sold it to a parts dealer. I heard back in 70's Baikal used to sometimes sell their guns with a little bag of extra parts with the gun along with a diagram on how to put it in just in case something like this happened. Their lack of extra parts is a shame for them as if they just imported parts along with their guns like any other company they would probably sell more guns and have a better reputation. I imagine this was a similar problem with the cheaper Belgian made shotguns back in the day.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:41 AM

Default As Well

Some of the soft steel Spanish and Portuguese junk El Faisian and Boita come to mind.Much of Norinco..........had they done a large run of aftermarket barrels for steel shot and NA screw in chokes for the classic shotguns Ithaca 37 ,Win 12 and the like think of how many they could sell.Rifled slug barrels with Pictany bases etc
Old 10-13-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Looking for a left extractor. Only place I found one is eaa
In the states and they wont ship to canada. Baikal canada laughed and said good luck anyone have any ideas?
Do you know anyone who goes to the sates for the winter. Have it shipped to them and have them bring it back. These kind of parts are not restricted. You can also try contacting Baikal HQ. A few years back I was successful in getting them to ship parts direct to me. They were actually really helpful.

Manager
Mikhail V. Rumiantsev
tel: +7 (3412) 66-44-40

Foreign Relations Department

Acting Manager
Tatiana V. Chernykh
tel.: +7 (3412) 66-11-51
fax: +7 (3412)66- 58-30
e-mail: worldlinks@baikalinc.ru
Old 10-13-2018, 01:57 PM

No I thought of that but dont know anybody going or that lives down there. Baikal Canada says because of the sanctions they cant get anything. I sent an email so hopefully that goes somewhere thanks.