Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2018, 06:54 PM

Default Warrenty work

Hello All
I was hoping on geeting an opinion of payment on warrenty work
So here is the issue

I had my dryer fixed with an new thermastate then after a couple of weeks the dryer was blowing cold air and not working again

I contacted my techniation that installed it and asked if he could come back and have a look and see if it was a warrenty issue or a new problem and his reponse was

Payment will have to be made in full of existing work in order for him to warrenty the work and cime look at the issue

Know in saying that i dont feel i shoukd pay for an install that may have failed due to parts or labour plus if i relese payment then what will Holh him to come fix his work ( if thats the issue)

I feel justified in asking him to come back and look at the dryer if its new work then thats ok payment paid but if its an warrenty issue then thats another story

On an ending note i have been not able to get him on the phone to talk about it
Anf come up with a plan to fix it
The money payment is not an issue its the fact i feel like im being forced into payment of a task and the dryer is still not working

What is everboody thoughts ?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:22 PM

Default Maybe I am missing some facts

but if I did a service call 2-3 weeks ago and fixed the problem by replacing a thermostat but haven't been paid for that call I am certainly not going back to diagnose anything for that client until I have been paid for work already done.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 243 View Post
Hello All
I was hoping on geeting an opinion of payment on warrenty work
So here is the issue

I had my dryer fixed with an new thermastate then after a couple of weeks the dryer was blowing cold air and not working again

I contacted my techniation that installed it and asked if he could come back and have a look and see if it was a warrenty issue or a new problem and his reponse was

Payment will have to be made in full of existing work in order for him to warrenty the work and cime look at the issue

Know in saying that i dont feel i shoukd pay for an install that may have failed due to parts or labour plus if i relese payment then what will Holh him to come fix his work ( if thats the issue)

I feel justified in asking him to come back and look at the dryer if its new work then thats ok payment paid but if its an warrenty issue then thats another story

On an ending note i have been not able to get him on the phone to talk about it
Anf come up with a plan to fix it
The money payment is not an issue its the fact i feel like im being forced into payment of a task and the dryer is still not working

What is everboody thoughts ?
How much did you have to drink before you typed this?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:31 PM

If payment has not been made then warranty does not exist, for warranty to exist the original contract has to be completed and that includes the clients half of the original arrangement/obligation. Perhaps come to a compromise with him/the company and have your payment ready in cash or some other guaranteed from that he can accept at your doorstep before he comes in to see what's up. They get paid, you have the repair person on site, seems like a mutually-agreeable compromise. As a service tech I encounter call backs that are sometimes warranty and sometimes something new. If fault lies in my materials or workmanship I am eager to correct it, if something else has happened then I review that in detail. A recent one was a neighbor two doors over whose garburetor had jammed, I had installed it about a year ago. He was wondering if the unit was defective but I showed him the American dime stuck in between the spinning grinder 'platter' and the outside of the grind chamber. Darned thing took a while to get out too.

I finally got an EMT from a deadbeat realtor today. The original service call was last March! He was always nice on the phone but I could tell he was just trying to get his realty client to pay rather than just ante up like he should and then either collect or not from the other guy, I could really care less how that transpired. He was the one who had established the contract with me, not his client who needed a weird heating system checked over. An in-person visit to his realty office and handing over the invoice to the other staff there somehow managed to light the fire under his butt that didn't exist previously

Last edited by CaberTosser; 10-16-2018 at 07:42 PM.