Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Default New to Muir Lake

I plan on going with my dad to Muir Lake we don't fly fish and we only fish from shore and tips on what lures and rods/reels to use there? We heard there were big trout so yeah...
Old 08-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Kind of hard to fish from shore as spots are quite limited and water is shallow in most of the available spots. People there usually don't seem to have much luck. Even with some form of boat the fishing isn't great although it is one of the few places a person can catch a fish larger then 12 inches.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavCanoe View Post
Kind of hard to fish from shore as spots are quite limited and water is shallow in most of the available spots. People there usually don't seem to have much luck. Even with some form of boat the fishing isn't great although it is one of the few places a person can catch a fish larger then 12 inches.
Ya... fishing sucks in muir..

Water temp is pretty damn high right now. The fish get so mushy you can slice them with tippet like they're made out of butter. Best to leave em alone until sept.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 PM

good luck catchin on a lure from shore its really hard i never ever caught a fish there till i picked up on fly fishing and still ive had a hard time try some flys under a bobber idk good luck anyway let us know how ya do
Old 08-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Banned

wish you luck andre. fishing from shore at these small stocked lakes is tough. even tougher in mid summer. might i suggest cardiff for the 2 of you? much nicer shore fishingand theres always a chance of a big one, as it is very deep in spots. it's also closer than muir and less of a drive. good luck.
see you on the bank next week.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Banned

Since when is 35 Ft very deep?? (Checked with FF)Big ones hey??someone spend to much time with their nose in Barry Mitchell's guide.

Muir has the big ones, Cardiff & Chickakoo both have decent shore spots(docks) to fish from but don't expect anything over 12".

Ninja probably has a secret pond on Cardiffs golf course or something where he's been hiding his big ones for a later date...
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Yaker View Post
Since when is 35 Ft very deep?? (Checked with FF)Big ones hey??someone spend to much time with their nose in Barry Mitchell's guide.

Muir has the big ones, Cardiff & Chickakoo both have decent shore spots(docks) to fish from but don't expect anything over 12".

Ninja probably has a secret pond on Cardiffs golf course or something where he's been hiding his big ones for a later date...
I have heard it's 80ft in spots and there is big fish in there you just have to know how to fish them and using bait ain't the technique.

On a side note any reason why your bashing him seems like someone woke up on the wrong side.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Relax ### hole. Your holding onto something like a women.
Guys are right about muir the fish are picky and very slow there this time of year.But on a side note awesome to catch if your lucky. I haven't been so
Old 08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

don't know what your problem is yakker. 2nd time you've slagged me for no good reason. 1st it was litter (you were 100% wrong) and now when i give 2 anglers (that i know and like) some good advice about shore fishing a trout pond you again show your ignorance.

fool me once......

by the way iv'e never once looked at a barry mitchell book.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Do you need a hug man???? Angry lil bugger aint ya.

Last edited by YeeHaw; 08-04-2013 at 05:49 PM.