Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 AM

Default quad in to fish

does anybody know somewhere in the Alberta/B.C. area where you have to quad into to fish. thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 07:08 AM

Default Net lakes area North of fort McMurry

We go each year hauling in a full tent camp for 6 guys and small boats, You leave the road at a staging area on the ice highway just north of fort McKay and then its a 5-7 hour quad trip depending on conditions, Pike to 35 lbs and great walleye fishing. On your way there there is about 10 other lakes you can stop at that are a little closer. Its a lot of work to get there but its worth it every time. This year a buddy got a 48" pike that will be entered into the provincial derby should put him in the running for the first place prize of a fly in fishing trip!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

I spent 32 years up there and hunted and fished it numerous times. Beware that the staging area is becoming a haven for theft and breakins. The days of leaving your vehicle there without incident have long gone.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM

How big is the lake, and how big of boats do you pull in there?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

There are numerous lakes up there. Very sandy country. Most guys bring in 12 foot aluminum boats on racks above there quads.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Leverboy;188531]There are numerous lakes up there. Very sandy country. Most guys bring in 12 foot aluminum boats on racks above there quads and trailers.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Default 10 ft crawdads

We haul in 10 ft crawdads(coleman flat bottoms) and 2-6hp motors, also one 10' alluminum, last year one fellow hauled in his 14'inflatable and a 15 hp four stroke, the motor was way to big as far as the rest of us were concerned just to rough a ride in and they ended up breaking an axel on there tandum tub. Way to heavy that was there first trip in with us and they did not take our advice on travelling light serious enough. I agree that leaving the trucks at the staging areas is a bit of a risk, but we take percautions like driving onto our ramps and backing the trailers up to a tree so they cannot be removed. I'm never going to let a few bad apples ruin my plans for enjoyment, otherwise I might as well just watch other guys hunt and fish on TV.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverboy View Post
I spent 32 years up there and hunted and fished it numerous times. Beware that the staging area is becoming a haven for theft and breakins. The days of leaving your vehicle there without incident have long gone.
I read on another site that some guys came back and a theif was in the middle of stealing their vehcle. They caught him and tied him to a tree i think til the cops came