Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Default bass pro stepped up here game

i was up there with a buddy on sunday and there was lots of sales people helping the costomers and never seen so many staff at one time.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 AM

Summer Student Work maybe ?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Nice! I was thinking of heading up there this weekend. I wanna get one of them bass pro hats and some huckleheads jigs
Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 PM

They must be feeling the pinch, and/or hired a new sales manager like WSS has. Fer sher, I've never seen any helpful people there whenever I've visited BP.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:57 PM

I was recently in there too, had some great help!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Was there today 1 friggin check out open, I bought some fly line leader that where 25% off had to tell the cashier they had to check it out 10 minutes later what a pain in the *****$. Hate it more every time I go there. People need to stop buying me gift cards for there, I would sooner shop other stores
Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefever View Post
Was there today 1 friggin check out open, I bought some fly line leader that where 25% off had to tell the cashier they had to check it out 10 minutes later what a pain in the *****$. Hate it more every time I go there. People need to stop buying me gift cards for there, I would sooner shop other stores
Yup, best tip I can give you is to hit Basspro first thing in the morning to avoid huge lineups & get the customer service people while they are still fresh & not frazzled yet!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefever View Post
come on man... I was there to tonight picking up some fishing stuff. I had a very pleasant time. lots of good knowledgeable help. I had quite the relaxing evening there. Sure there was only on cashier open, but it was not busy only took me a minute to get through the cashier. don't know if I got a great deal, did not care.

I am sure that you may have experienced the fact that a sale item is not properly entered into a cash till at other stores, or is Bass Pro the only store you have issues at. No store is perfect, People run it and people make mistakes

I am sorry but I like Bass Pro, its a great place to waste an hour. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

I don't know but I would have probably been getting a little disgruntled with you if I was standing behind you at the till and you were wining about a 50 cent discrepancy on an item, yelling at a cashier who is not even at fault. And then making me wait 5 minutes for nothing. I would have given you the 50 cents.

my 2 cents
Old 05-13-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasco View Post
come on man... I was there to tonight picking up some fishing stuff. I had a very pleasant time. lots of good knowledgeable help. I had quite the relaxing evening there. Sure there was only on cashier open, but it was not busy only took me a minute to get through the cashier. don't know if I got a great deal, did not care.

I am sure that you may have experienced the fact that a sale item is not properly entered into a cash till at other stores, or is Bass Pro the only store you have issues at. No store is perfect, People run it and people make mistakes

I am sorry but I like Bass Pro, its a great place to waste an hour. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

I don't know but I would have probably been getting a little disgruntled with you if I was standing behind you at the till and you were wining about a 50 cent discrepancy on an item, yelling at a cashier who is not even at fault. And then making me wait 5 minutes for nothing. I would have given you the 50 cents.

my 2 cents

I agree.... I have had great service there. I am sure that this isnt the only store that has ever had to check on a sale price before... I have had this happen many times before at anywhere from a grocery store to a booze store. Deal with it. I think it is hilarious that people are so quick to talk **** about a place, but no one is ever quick to say anything positive. Anyway, Isn't that fly leader only 5 bucks... Grow up

Last edited by The Great White Hype; 05-13-2011 at 05:09 AM.