Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...adside_USN.jpg

If you buy one of these, I will even bring the beer. Should we fish for Submarines or Swordfish?
I just thought that was a LEGEND hitting the water. Thanks everyone hope to see ya out on the water.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM

Default What kind of Boat

Get one that Floats. Then enjoy !!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:04 AM

I like you thought the Tracker 175wt was the best deal and am waiting for delivery from Pro Bass. Did you have to order yours and if so what delivery time did they give you.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 AM

I thought you all might like to know the affiliation with some of the boats and motors that are mentiond. The parent company Brunswick, yes those that build bowling balls an billiard tables, own many of the companys we boaters recognize. Ever wonder why the price of a Lund, Princecraft, or Crestliner increases by 20% if you want anything but a Merc motor on them? Check this out. http://www.brunswick.com/brands/marine-boats/index.php

If I could find a good used one It would be from these guys. http://www.triumphboats.com/ Their designs have fishing in mind. A 190 Bay would be ideal but a 170CC would be a second choice. Check out their tough tests on the website.

Very best,

Al
Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Thanks Overdrawn, but I am interested in buying his tiller, if it's still around.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Default I'd stick with Lund

I have had the opportunity to fish out of several different brands and for me the Lund is tough to beat. Not just on constrution but for boat control which is key if you want consistent success under extreme conditions as well as the nice flat calm days. I have had the 1950 tyee since 1995 and it has been awesome. now this is a big boat with a very high draft and full windshield so it catches wind. But with the hull design and the way the front part of the hull dips deep into the water it tracks incredibly good on the windiest days. I can back troll with my kicker or use the bow mount and follow structure in a cross wind like nothing.
We tried that in a Crestliner for example which was a 18 foot and much lower draft and that thing back trolling or pulling with the bow mount was a constant struggle holding structure. We did it but what a fight. The bow just does not go deep enough down in the water to hold the bow from being thrown around in a cross wind. With that said rode down the lake like a glass boat but I am more intersted in being able to fish than cruise.
Oh and some say riveted boats leak well I have had mine since 1997 and I am not afraid to pound waves and zero leaks. If it has the right construction internally it should hold up no problem. Friend of mine has a welded 19 foot Harbercraft fishes the same waters and drives the same way and has had welds fixed 3 times already.
So just take a close look at everything from construction and take a close look at the front bow it does make a difference.
Just my thoughts hope it helps.

Alex Kreis
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 PM

Smile Only Princecraft...

Hi. I have changed many different brands of aluminum fishing boats and for last few years stuck with Princecraft Pro 164 with 70 Hp Tohatsu/Nissan outboard. Its up to you... but I would prefer ONLY Princecraft with Yamaha, Honda or Nissan outboard. Japanise outboards are bulletproof and taking less gas then american...Good luck
Old 05-11-2011, 02:39 PM

gregor boats are the best
Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.fisherman View Post
Hi. I have changed many different brands of aluminum fishing boats and for last few years stuck with Princecraft Pro 164 with 70 Hp Tohatsu/Nissan outboard. Its up to you... but I would prefer ONLY Princecraft with Yamaha, Honda or Nissan outboard. Japanise outboards are bulletproof and taking less gas then american...Good luck
X2 with Prince Craft. My buddy and I have a 14ft Prince craft aluminum boat. That thing is built like a tank. I was fishing Lac La Nonne on a windy day pounding over 3ft waves non problem at a "fair speed"! That boat is built so tankishly that even two average fully grown men would probabaly not be able to lift the boat together.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarcreek View Post
I like you thought the Tracker 175wt was the best deal and am waiting for delivery from Pro Bass. Did you have to order yours and if so what delivery time did they give you.
I bought mine from Cars RV Marine in Red Deer, they have them in stock and I take delivery of it tommorow(Saturday) I can't wait. And I wanted to shop local because bussinesses mean alot for our community.