Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
... What kind of reel was it that you bought? you said a high end pflueger? How high end? patriarch? supreme? president? In my experience, if a high end product goes on sale, it has usually been because that that model has been discontinued, or modified and there is a new one out. And if it is the supreme you are talking about, then yes there is a new model that just came out this year, as did the patriarch. which would explain the sale, just like when new model cars come out. Did they have the newer model? If so, they should have the same size spool as last years...therefore your line would be easily transferred? From the sounds of your post, it sounds like you were in there trying to pick a fight... I highly doubt that they didn't offer you comparable reels in quality/ price. They are sales, that is what they do... why wouldn't they try to sell you another reel? In all my years of shopping there i have never had bad service or any problems, they have been pretty nice and accommodating to my needs, and ive heard the same from friends. Just relax buddy, you gout your refund in the end... no need to go all "up in arms" lookin for blood over this, you won in the end. You got your refund and kept your line... which will easily be spooled onto whatever reel you end up buying down the road.
I think you may be missing one of the main things I have said, while at the same time, you have offered a solution that was not offered. The newer model was on the shelf. I would have taken that in exchange, however the new model has a higher retail price than the original. I feel it would only have been fair to pay the difference of the 2 retail prices. This solution was not offered unfortunately. Perhaps if you were behind the counter, the outcome would have been different.
There was no yelling or arguing. I didn't go in there looking for a fight. I went in with the question of "What can we do about this?"
In regards to "you won in the end", no your wrong. Nobody won. That is unfortunate.

I see this is your first post and would like to extend a welcome.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 AM

I think this is a good thread Kokanee, reminds us all to check things twice before the exchange period is over.

On a totally different topic a friend bought a BBQ set but never assembled it until a year later. It was then they realized it was missing several important components. So basically that was a pile of metal they bought.

Luckily I haven't had any bad exp with them yet *touch wood*, though I had bad exp @ the one up way north in the big mall. The one @ Sunridge somehow saved the day in my scenario so I'm going to buy my next sonar from them for sure. How's your HDS5 working for you thus far? PM me
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 PM

Well i am of the opinion that people deserve at least three strikes. It sounds to me like they were trying to accommodate your needs, perhaps a third strike is warranted. In fact, i would go as far to propose a challenge to you. Go in there again, whenever you need to buy something, maybe even another reel or two. the challenge is this, If you go in there, and you receive good service and get whatever it is you are looking for, post on here about it. So many people write negative a stuff about different companies or people. it's nice to see when people actually have nice things to say. Imagine what the world would be like if credit were given to those who deserved it. Give them another shot and see what happens. In my experience, when i have done that, things went a lot smoother. Attitude is everything. if you go in somewhere expecting terrible service or whatever, then it most likely will turn out that way. Have a good attitude and things usually end up better off. just my two cents.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:40 AM

I think they should have given you a new spool of line especially if you bought the line there also. It is just good business to do so, I avoid that store also. There are some good staff working there but not my favorite place to shop. To many hassles. And I don't think they really care that they don't have the best reputation.