Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM

Default star lake, jackfish lake, matchayaw lake, hasse lake

anyone fishing those lake recently? how was the fish in those lake now ? i am going out for fish a day tomorrow. i dont know which one good for fishing one day.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Banned

Not Hasse.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Banned

heard some good reports about star. heard some survived the winter but if not at least it's stocked. if your shore fishing i'd drive the extra 20 min to east pit. please post how you made out. good luck.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 AM

Very small trout in east pit right now, but x2 for star from what I've heard. But if you end up hitting east pit, bring a can or corn. I didn't bring any but another guy was catching trout after trout with it. They weren't really biting on much else.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Question Winter Kill 2 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
heard some good reports about star. heard some survived the winter but if not at least it's stocked. if your shore fishing i'd drive the extra 20 min to east pit. please post how you made out. good luck.
There is no winter kill this year at Star Lake. The fishing is good and the bigger ones are moving in the weed beds. It had a bad winter kill a couple of years ago. The stocking of lakes will slow down fishing but will get better towards the end of june.
Happy Trout Hunting
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 PM

In my option, all these lakes are hot. It's not like the fish stop feeding. They just are feeding on specifics. So if you don't get one in half an hour switch it up. Are you fly fishing? If there are no risers fish under an indicator is simple, bead heads - pheasant tails, princes, hares ears, copper johns, WD-40s. If your fishing spin.. I'd try bobbers with flies. I use to fish bait all the time and caught fish. But bait isn't natural to them the way we present it. So by fishing small insects, larva I find I get a lot more fish, it's actually upsetting knowing how many fish I could have been catching all these years. Practice C&R and the fish gods will respect a brother!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 PM

Well, thanks all of you guys as always help me. I can't find east pit on the google , so I went Muir lake this morning . Spend 2 hours at there , so many weed there . Got 2 bate , catch one only like 15 cm . Then I move to sauer lake , got very bate there , not too many weed . 5 bate in 1 hours manage land 2 nice one both 30cm . Head to lac Anne , catch 2 pike all release . Not bad day. Going to some new lake next week.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 PM

at star 1 weekend i caught 15 in 2 days off shore. Caught the dumbs ones, not worth keeping.

went the next weekend with the same gear and caught 1 in 5 hours..
TROUT!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Default no fish weekend

Is there any spots that produce any fish? My son and I had gone to star, hasse, jackfish, mink, spring lake with no results from any of those. I found out hasse lake is dead a local had mentioned the fish are gone. Anyone ahve results from alberta beach or lac st anne area?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 PM

i live in morinville and fish the pond by the highway quite a bit and have caught a few 3 lb bows and lots from last years stocking . its getting really weedy already though but the fishing is good there after 8pm seems best latly.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Default after 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogg02 View Post
i live in morinville and fish the pond by the highway quite a bit and have caught a few 3 lb bows and lots from last years stocking . its getting really weedy already though but the fishing is good there after 8pm seems best latly.
i will have to check it out later in the evenin after work one day, i was there a few weeks back and caught 2 but jus small guys.