Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 08:14 AM

Default Jimbows Super Tuning

Hey everyone I am looking at getting my hunting bow super tuned and wondering if anyone has any expierence with this service and roughly how much it cost?. The reason is I bought this bow used and was thinking to get it all tuned up and ready for me to start practising lots.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:39 AM

If you're in the Calgary area, stop in and talk to Jim at Jimbow's Archery shop. He can probably fix you right up without the supertune even needed. If that's what you really want though, it's pricey and takes awhile to do it. He even turns the fletchings on each arrow so they fly right individually. More target guys get this done as it is another aid for detailed accuracy.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
If you're in the Calgary area, stop in and talk to Jim at Jimbow's Archery shop. He can probably fix you right up without the supertune even needed. If that's what you really want though, it's pricey and takes awhile to do it. He even turns the fletchings on each arrow so they fly right individually. More target guys get this done as it is another aid for detailed accuracy.
I will 2nd this. Went in there thinking the same thing and we went with a papertune instead. They know what you need there.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:38 AM

How pricey are we talking here?
Old 03-23-2015, 12:29 PM

Had mine done a few weeks ago. I think it was 120.00
My bow had a few things set wrong that Jim corrected and set properly. Tuned all arrows and provided sight tape.
All in all im very impressed. Its shooting better than ever before.

Just so you know its by appointment so if you are wanting this done phone and see when you can get it in.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Banned

Default tuning

Are you sure you got all the arrows tuned for a total of only $120?
Old 03-23-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE2 View Post
Are you sure you got all the arrows tuned for a total of only $120?
Old 03-24-2015, 07:37 AM

Default All Arrows

All Arrows depends on the context of what all is. As this is my bow and my tuning, the 6 arrows I have remaining is all Arrows. The super tune includes 6 Arrows. Any Questions?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:40 PM

You get charged for however long it takes him to tune your bow. If it's really messed up, you can expect to pay more. Depending on the quality of your equipment, he may suggest different ad-ons may allow your bow to shoot better. But remember, he can't "supertune" the archer!! Anybody not shooting correctly (ie. bow cant, gripping your bow, inconsistent anchor points, etc) won't shoot a supertuned bow properly.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:12 AM

Default I'm booked for Jan

I think Jim quoted me $180 with the 6 arrows. I looked on the website this morning and don't see any prices listed. I had been debating just the straight tune without the arrows and had wondered what happened if Jim gets started and finds the bow to be in good tune. I guess I'll give him a call later this morning.

I couple if hundred dollars is likely a small price to pay to have the confidence you are tuned PERFECTLY.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
You get charged for however long it takes him to tune your bow. If it's really messed up, you can expect to pay more. Depending on the quality of your equipment, he may suggest different ad-ons may allow your bow to shoot better. But remember, he can't "supertune" the archer!! Anybody not shooting correctly (ie. bow cant, gripping your bow, inconsistent anchor points, etc) won't shoot a supertuned bow properly.
I had Jim supertune my bow precisely for this reason. Now I know when I miss, it has nothing to do with my equipment, it's me! I have nothing but good things to say about Jimbows.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:44 PM

The super tune is awesome. I thought my bow was pretty good already but after Jim was finished,I couldn't believe it. I had to re sight in because of his changes. Before I had it super tuned my best score I had shot was a 287. After the super tune I shot a 295, and am averaging a 294. I know 7 points doesn't sound like a lot but those extra points are huge for me. For sure I will get every bow of mine done. I think it made that much of a difference