Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
You proved he existed tell me how you did that ? You have a time machine that none of the rest of us know about ?
The only way we know of ancient people is from ancient artifacts and documents, no?

We haven't found Jesus' grad ring, but there is a lot of information written about Him..

I may be wrong, but if Jesus didn't exist, one would think that other ancient historians would have written about the myth of Jesus.. questioning where in the world His followers got their crazy ideas.. Saying that He didn't exist really seems to come from an argument of silence.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
Of course he won't. He makes as if he somehow has the moral high ground but he and the others rabidly tripping balls on anyone who doesn't agree with them, are the MOST intolerant of all.

He has no interest in extending you that courtesy because he and others like him have such a vehment hate towards any religion, but it is funny because they then call it fake and a fairy tale.

Christians are completely persecuted around the globe, and many killed. Priests thrown from 5 story buildings. People burned alive, beaten, etc. And all for a "fairy tale"?

Why would ali be mad because I believe in a fairy tale?

Hmmmm.

Look, he's a bigot like no other as are the rest of people spewing hate over religious belief of others.

I never understood why athiests got so mad over nothing. Pretty unstable that ali
Tell me about all this persecution Christians have endured in this country ? I mean it's not like the prime minister or the other 21 before Him been Christians.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
“What I have a problem with is not so much religion or god, but faith. When you say you believe something in your heart and therefore you can act on it, you have completely justified the 9/11 bombers. You have justified Charlie Manson. If it's true for you, why isn't it true for them? Why are you different? If you say "I believe there's an all-powerful force of love in the universe that connects us all, and I have no evidence of that but I believe it in my heart," then it's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that Sharon Tate deserves to die. It's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that you need to fly planes into buildings for Allah.”
― Penn Jillette
Penn also said that if you really did believe in Christ he understood why you would witness to others.

If you truly believed in hell how much would you have to hate someone not to try to save them.

Even he understands.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
The only way we know of ancient people is from ancient artifacts and documents, no?

We haven't found Jesus' grad ring, but there is a lot of information written about Him..

I may be wrong, but if Jesus didn't exist, one would think that other ancient historians would have written about the myth of Jesus.. questioning where in the world His followers got their crazy ideas.. Saying that He didn't exist really seems to come from an argument of silence.
Do you believe in Zues or Thor ? Neither do I. There is about as much evidence they exhisted that Jesus did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
“What I have a problem with is not so much religion or god, but faith. When you say you believe something in your heart and therefore you can act on it, you have completely justified the 9/11 bombers. You have justified Charlie Manson. If it's true for you, why isn't it true for them? Why are you different? If you say "I believe there's an all-powerful force of love in the universe that connects us all, and I have no evidence of that but I believe it in my heart," then it's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that Sharon Tate deserves to die. It's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that you need to fly planes into buildings for Allah.”
― Penn Jillette
I don't think that being a Christian has anything to do with justifying any acts of terror.

Because I have faith in one thing, doesn't mean that people can commit mass murder and be justified, based on their faith in another thing.
Banned

Quote:
Tell me about all this persecution Christians have endured in this country ? I mean it's not like the prime minister or the other 21 before Him been Christians.
Hey buddy, are you that incapable of reading? I said around the globe.

www.persecution.org

Quote:
Do you believe in Allah ?
That is a loaded question. What is it about Allah that you wish to know I believe?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
I don't think that being a Christian has anything to do with justifying any acts of terror.

Because I have faith in one thing, doesn't mean that people can commit mass murder and be justified, based on their faith in another thing.
Well said
Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
That is a loaded question. What is it about Allah that you wish to know I believe?
Do you believe that Allah is god ?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey buddy, are you that incapable of reading? I said around the globe.

www.persecution.org
No Sunday hunting, Christmas and Easter holidays, all important people being Christian including all prime ministers and supreme justice judges, your gonna to have to try harder to me that Christians in this country are being persecuted.
Banned

Quote:
Do you believe darwin was right?
Banned

Quote:
How many angles can dance on the head of a pin?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do you believe darwin was right?
It would seem so. Do you believe people that lived in the Middle East 2000 years ago are correct ?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do penguins have knees?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
No Sunday hunting, Christmas and Easter holidays, all important people being Christian including all prime ministers and supreme justice judges, your gonna to have to try harder to me that Christians in this country are being persecuted.
You must be incapable of reading.

A r o u n d t h e g l o b e
Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
How many angles can dance on the head of a pin?
I think the same way about Jesus than you guys think about Allah. I know religion is indoctrinated into children and hard to get out but critical thought is necessary sometimes.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I believe that God is God!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 PM

What’s really fascinating to me, fascinating, is that… and I cover this in my book when I say signs you may already be an atheist, it fascinates me that you can have the Bible Belt and you can have a court trial, and we’ve seen this. I’m going to use it hypothetically, but you’ll know the specifics I’m talking about, I just don’t want to talk about that kind of pain too directly, it’s too unpleasant for me. But hypothetically, in the Bible Belt, where you can have a born-again Christian Judge, born-again Christian Judge. I believe the Bible is the literal word of God, there were talking snakes, there were talking snakes and virgin births. Burning bushes and Abraham being willing to kill his son for God. He believes that.

The jury is made up of 12 people who, let’s say 10 of them believe that. And two of them believe that, but a little less. You’re Prosecuting Attorney believes that. The people that are sitting in the courtroom believe that. These are all people that know each other in church. And the person on the witness stand says that she killed her three children in cold blood because God told her to. And every single person in the courtroom decides whether she is guilty or not guilty by reason of insanity. Those are the two choices they weigh. And nobody, not the Defense Attorney, not the Judge, not the jury people, not the people in the gallery, not one person stands up and goes, maybe God told her to. It’s less weird than the talking snake. Maybe God told her to.

And in this country, which they say over and over again is founded on Christian values, and I’ll give them that; founded on Christian values. Okay, it is, fine. This country, founded on Christian values has guilty, not guilty, not guilty by reason of insanity, end of list. There is nothing that says, not guilty because God told me to. And why? Why isn’t that there? Why isn’t this country allowing in the court system someone to go on the witness stand and go, “Snake walked up to me, snaked opened his mouth, snake said, ‘go into McDonald’s, pull out an AK15, kill 10 people, walk back out,’ snake told me that. It’s that snake there, he’s not talking anymore. I throw myself on the mercy of the court. Aren’t you all good Christians? Don’t you believe in the miracles of the Bible? You’re seeing one now.”

Penn Jillette.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I think the same way about Jesus than you guys think about Allah. I know religion is indoctrinated into children and hard to get out but critical thought is necessary sometimes.
You call what you have critical thought
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
You must be incapable of reading.

A r o u n d t h e g l o b e
Do I care what's going on in Africa ? Not in this case I don't. Christians are cry babies when it comes to persecution in this country, what they are really saying is we used to have 100% control and now we only have 80% and we don't like it.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Everyone is capable of free will.

Athiesm and darwinism is indoctrinated into children in schools

What is the difference?

Just because you say so?

You have no more validity than me.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I believe In evolution. Do I have all the answers ? No but that's better than just making up a story to fill in the parts we don't know.
So what are we going to evolve into next??
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't forced into believing anything by going anywhere. Fact is if you waited and told an adult the bible instead of children they would think your crazy. That's why indoctrination is important in religion adults can think better than kids.
Banned

Quote:
I know. Scary.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemorholake View Post
So what are we going to evolve into next??
Takes a long time. When is Jesus going to re appear I thought it was going g to be in our lifetime ? Lots of lifetimes have gone by in 2000 years.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't forced into believing anything by going anywhere. Fact is if you waited and told an adult the bible instead of children they would think your crazy. That's why indoctrination is important in religion adults can think better than kids.
Schools do the same
Old 03-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Everyone is capable of free will.

Athiesm and darwinism is indoctrinated into children in schools

What is the difference?

Just because you say so?

You have no more validity than me.
I remember learning both.

It turns out real science that's reviewed by peers will beat out Sudo science every time.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do I care what's going on in Africa ? Not in this case I don't. Christians are cry babies when it comes to persecution in this country, what they are really saying is we used to have 100% control and now we only have 80% and we don't like it.
You are a cry baby caring about gays in arizona.

Lol you are quite the double speaker.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Schools do the same
Is there more than one truth ?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
I remember learning both.

It turns out real science that's reviewed by peers will beat out Sudo science every time.
Peers....hmmm.

What about darwin? He's been proven wrong too many times.
Closed Thread