Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-06-2010, 02:57 PM

Default 308 Norma Magnum maybe for sale

Hello all, long time reader first time poster lol. I have a Browning Belgium made 308 Norma Magnum in close to pristine shape. Know it is quite a rare gun but no idea what it is worth to sell. Find myself using a smaller rifle for most of my deer hunting and do not run much ammo through it anymore ( just one or 2 for moose as it is good for the 800 yards and out shots). Any help on a ball park for what this cannon is worth would be a help. Oh yeah also have like 60 rounds for it and all the reloading dies.

Last edited by quentinruppert; 11-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Sorry, cant help you with a price.

I'm sure that since it is good for the 800 yards and out shots, your 308 Norma Mag will command a HEFTY premium!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Its worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Average between $900-$1500 . I have a friend looking for one, when you figger out if you want to sell and for how much .
Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 PM

Isn't it ironic how often that "rare" word is used when someone wants to sell something.I have owned a 375H&H,as well as a 338x8mmremmag and a couple of 300 RUMs,but I have no experience with a "cannon" so I can't help you with a price.Perhaps there is a "cannon" expert on the forum that can help you out.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Default tough sale

that "cannon" calibre was very popular about the same time FN stopped making the Belgium Browning rifles (1973).
I know a few people who still have them but due to the recoil and cost of ammunition they are not in hot demand.
I have seen the FN bolt rifles go for $400 to $1500. largely depending on condition. Most popular calibres commanding best prices seem to be 30-06 so the Norma might be somewhere mid range as has already been pointed out. $900. in mint condition if you can find someone that is eager to take that kind of abuse.
Rob
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 AM

Default 308 Norma

I have a 308 Norma and find there is little recoil my Dad loves to shoot it with his bad shoulders. I would really like a Belgium Browning to add to my collection if you decide to sell.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:40 AM

that 308 norma magnum was at one time,rated the most acurate caliber at 500yrds, its comparable to the 300 win mag 300wsm, not near the power of a 300wby or a 300Rum, very low recoil, actualy a nice shooting caliber,by far not a cannon
hard to find ammo unless you reload,
i have 2 and wont part wth either, as my daughter uses one and i,m saveing the other for which ever grand son/daughter takes up hunting
depending on the condition I,d say it worth $600 to $1100, pics would have helped to estimate it

Tags
308, browning, long range, norma, wts