Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-16-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Moose stew while out camping at the lake this past summer.
Nom nom nom.

Give an anti hunter some of this and it's going to change their mind.
Soooo good.
Yes.

How do I handle it?
With welding gloves.
Who needs oven mitts???
Oh wow, that looks absolutely amazing! That could even change a vegetarians mind!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:31 AM

In most cases, I found argue won’t change anybody’s mind, especially when the other side is pointing finger, because they simply are not looking for facts and share thoughts, but show off.

It’s hard to reason with a vegetarian, if plant is not widely recognized as “life” yet. Strongly agree with an idea above saying it’s more ethical to eat meat from hunting than from grocery store. At least animals from wide lived a life with freedom, vs. animals from factory born to be prisoner and victim, they never had respect in their whole life.

The rest part of hunting is no defferent than jogging in park, work out in gym, hiking in mountain, etc.

Life carries on by being in one part of the food chain.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landwalker View Post
At least animals from wide lived a life with freedom, vs. animals from factory born to be prisoner and victim, they never had respect in their whole life.
Please go spout your sanctimonious bilge elsewhere.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Land is carrying capacity and when it's developed , animals starve to death. Even a vegan has to live somewhere. They also have to eat, and that means a farmer killing pests, not to mention kill thousands of field mice with his equipment. To participate in the world is to participate in death and killing.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
Anti hunting attitude is caused by " hunters" doing dumb stuff. Now I know everyone here will self rightly say not me.
I hunt and fish all my life, I live in the bush beside a lake and have 3 set of Canada geese raise young on my lawn. When someone wants to shoot what I enjoyed watching all summer, I can`t help getting protective. Remember getting a puppy and how it played, well watching a den of coyote pups play with a feather or something all summer, you get to know which one is bold and which one is shy, then someone wearing new equipment sneaks in trying to shoot a coyote just to leave it for the ravens. These are a few examples that happen year after year. Some hunters claim they need the fur, but they are driving a $50,000 truck burning $1.20 litre fuel to get $50 coyote. I think they just want to shoot anything. After seeing this for years no hunting signs go up and a anti-hunting attitude develops.
This message board intended use is for hunters, anglers, trappers, and all individuals who may be interested in the Outdoors. Therefore, anti-hunters, anti-anglers, and anti-trappers are not welcome to the use of this message board.

For everyone yapping about how ethical hunting is compared to getting meat from the market, smarten up. Neither is unethical. Eat what you like and don't judge others.