Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2019, 12:41 PM

Talking Any MARVEL fans on the forum? Theory question.

Being on hold for sometimes an hour straight gives a lot of time to think about totally irrelevant inconsequential things, so here goes.

When the original Wasp went into the Quantum Realm she at some point would be orders of magnitude smaller than an Oxygen molecule. How could she survive without oxygen? I know they get into the time paradox, 5 years for Antman was 5 hours, but she was in there for over 20 years, or 20 hours supposedly starved of oxygen. It is a convenient way to get around the nourishment/water requirement needs.

Theories?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-27-2019, 01:12 PM

Since time is irrelevant in the Quantum Realm the need for any biological nourishment would be as well. Twenty years in the Quantum Realm equates to zero time outside of the Quantum Realm.

Alternatively the ability of Pym's particals to alter your genetics. I'm sure they could also have something to do with it.

If not you being of sub atomic scale would compress the matter if your body to a point you could subsist off your bodies food/fat stores for a very long time.

And when all else fails it's comic book magic.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Ken, remind me to have you sit down and chat with my daughter next time you're in town.

She'll explain EVERYTHING Marvel.

I'll sit back with a beer and a grin, and watch.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:30 PM

The quantum realm is going to another universe. Going really small is just how you get there. Everything including the oxygen molecules were left behind in this universe. She was now in a whole new world. A very different world.
The new Spider-Man movie looks like it’s going to expand on that and introduce the multi verse. Multiple worlds all co existing in the same space. Could be fun, or could go sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedCaper View Post
The quantum realm is going to another universe. Going really small is just how you get there. Everything including the oxygen molecules were left behind in this universe. She was now in a whole new world. A very different world.
The new Spider-Man movie looks like it’s going to expand on that and introduce the multi verse. Multiple worlds all co existing in the same space. Could be fun, or could go sideways.

Are you talking about the animated one, into the spiderverse? Or the other new one coming out?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 06-27-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:49 PM

Spider-man Far from home, coming out next week. The animated one was good, I watched it with my oldest. That’s the same multiverse idea, just the new one will bring it into the mcu. I seen a trailer where spider man says to Fury “you mean there’s a multiverse?”

Old 06-27-2019, 02:56 PM

The Pheonix force is already featured in the movie Dark Pheonix. It is a being from the multiverse. That along with the quantum realm has introduced the multiverse concept to the new blockbuster films. Hasn't really do e much to explain the theory however.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:23 PM
Banned

You want brain scratchers watch the Flash.
Time travel.

I love the show but don’t understand the creativity of the science.