Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 10:07 PM

I've lived up north close to the Canadian border for a few years and now I live 40 miles from the Mexico border. Seeing both I much prefer the northern border! Most folks don't realize how bad illegal immigration, smuggling, coyotes, line wolfs, and spotters are. There's hunt units down here that scare people away. It's nice for guys like me cause it's earlier to draw tags but even still I regularly see them out and about and have even stopped a group of 20+ people (by accident lol) until border patrol came. I don't like trump much but if he cleans up our border like he says he will then I'm all for him. Clinton won't do it.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:19 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762Russian View Post
If Drumpf gets in...

The good; he will introduce utter chaos to the bureaucracy and force it to change. The end result is uncertain, but at this point any change at all in that fetid cesspit has to be a move in the right direction. Just maybe, he will destroy both the Reps and the Dems so utterly that they will both die off and allow for the chance for actual democracy to take place rather than the sh*tfest that is the two-party system.

The bad; he will insult and attempt to bully the rest of the world. Only some countries will take it with a smile, others will be unamused. The US likes to think itself absolutely necessary to keep the world turning, when the truth is quite different. At first their attempts to punish the US for the slights the douche will make will be laughable... but in five years, ten, twenty? Some countries out there have happily waged war on one another for decades and centuries, so long-game peaceful punishment is not out of the question.
The US doesn't live in a bubble. They'll remember that eventually.
I think a lot of people that are betting on Trump for change will be sadly disappointed after the fact, if he gets in.

Trump airlines, Trump Tower, Trump Taj Mahal, Trump Plaza, Trump Marina, Trump International Hotel, Trump Hotel Las Vegas, Trump Park Avenue, and the list goes on.

All that says something about the man, something that will come back to bite those who vote for him.

Donald Trump has only one interest, Donald Trump. He will not do anything that benefits the country or the people unless it benefits him first.
He will not cause upheaval or bring about positive change if he can help it, that would turn powerful people against him and in turn jeopardize his power and his businesses.

If Donald Trump thought he could get away with it, he'd reinstate slavery and open the Mexican border, to force wages down in the USA.

Beware if what you wish for, you might get it and a whole lot you don't want.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-25-2016, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
Missinformed much
Must be watching to much CNN

I don't watch CNN. Care to inform me what I said that was incorrect?
Old 07-25-2016, 06:22 AM

I'll ask again. Care to shed some light on what Hillary will do that will help Canada? Or Alberta? Or the US?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I don't watch CNN. Care to inform me what I said that was incorrect?
everything
Old 07-25-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I think a lot of people that are betting on Trump for change will be sadly disappointed after the fact, if he gets in.

Trump airlines, Trump Tower, Trump Taj Mahal, Trump Plaza, Trump Marina, Trump International Hotel, Trump Hotel Las Vegas, Trump Park Avenue, and the list goes on.

All that says something about the man, something that will come back to bite those who vote for him.

Donald Trump has only one interest, Donald Trump. He will not do anything that benefits the country or the people unless it benefits him first.
He will not cause upheaval or bring about positive change if he can help it, that would turn powerful people against him and in turn jeopardize his power and his businesses.

If Donald Trump thought he could get away with it, he'd reinstate slavery and open the Mexican border, to force wages down in the USA.

Well, can't say that I actually want Trump in. Don't want Hillary either: Lying scumbag plutocrats the both of them. Happily, I don't have to suffer the stress of deciding which minion of evil I want in office down there. My blood pressure can;t take it, what with how bad our choices up here are.

Still, I do think he will cause things to happen, even if not wittingly. He's a bombastic loony who doesn't hesitate to step on people to get what he wants for himself; this means all those cracks and rifts that have been forming in the government down there over the past couple of decades are going to suddenly have no placating force trying to keep them from getting any worse. Those rifts are going to get wider, and in a hurry, especially when you consider how many cats he's put into the sack he calls his party. Evangelicals -and- LBGT lobbyists? Their hatred for one another can only be put aside for so long, and once Drumpf is in office he will not give a single rat's behind as to what they do to one another.

He could very well tear down the bureaucracy onto his head, and I cannot say that is a bad thing, even for all the trouble it could cause in the long run.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
As Liberals and Democrats are educated especially the Gays and Women they will come over to the Conservatives and Republican side. The hard part is getting through the corrupt media filter. You see the left always puts people in groups, Muslims, Blacks, Women, Gays etc. A white women is worth more than a white man, a black man is worth more than a white women and so on. Muslims are the most special, at the top of the hierarchy if you will, a full 10% of the Liberal vote in Canada is Muslim, we pretty much lost control of our government now.

The problem is those now at the top of the Liberal hierarchy want to kill everyone else on the list, throw gays off buildings and abuse women. My hope is these people get it before it's to late. It's come full circle.
If Trump doesn't win no where in the not to distant future will be safe, it's over.

Trump will be good for Canada, and Canada should follow suit and get out of all these unfair trade agreements that sends all our jobs overseas, and what crappy jobs are left the Globalists flood the country with cheap labour pushing down wages and the standard of living.
Explain
Old 07-25-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post

I am sure there will be lots of disappointment, as it will take decades and the ability to change a system that is thoroughly corrupt. However, none of your points have anything to do with anything. Perhaps you would care to list all of the great businesses the Clintons have started? Maybe you could explain exactly what Hillary is interested in other than herself?
Trump is far more likely to fix a few things that are bothering a lot of Americans, like illegal immigration, race baiting, and overdone political correctness, than any of the alternatives. For many, that is a win.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I am sure there will be lots of disappointment, as it will take decades and the ability to change a system that is thoroughly corrupt. However, none of your points have anything to do with anything. Perhaps you would care to list all of the great businesses the Clintons have started? Maybe you could explain exactly what Hillary is interested in other than herself?
Trump is far more likely to fix a few things that are bothering a lot of Americans, like illegal immigration, race baiting, and overdone political correctness, than any of the alternatives. For many, that is a win.
Agreed.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I find your contributions here at AO to be well thought out and interesting.

Plus I agree with you most of the time! Good Post.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762Russian View Post
Well, can't say that I actually want Trump in. Don't want Hillary either: Lying scumbag plutocrats the both of them. Happily, I don't have to suffer the stress of deciding which minion of evil I want in office down there. My blood pressure can;t take it, what with how bad our choices up here are.

Still, I do think he will cause things to happen, even if not wittingly. He's a bombastic loony who doesn't hesitate to step on people to get what he wants for himself; this means all those cracks and rifts that have been forming in the government down there over the past couple of decades are going to suddenly have no placating force trying to keep them from getting any worse. Those rifts are going to get wider, and in a hurry, especially when you consider how many cats he's put into the sack he calls his party. Evangelicals -and- LBGT lobbyists? Their hatred for one another can only be put aside for so long, and once Drumpf is in office he will not give a single rat's behind as to what they do to one another.

He could very well tear down the bureaucracy onto his head, and I cannot say that is a bad thing, even for all the trouble it could cause in the long run.
I couldn't agree with you more.

It's a tough situation and The Donald may well be the better of the two evils. My suspicion is he will be the worst of the two. I think Hillary is too stupid to be dangerous, The Donald certainly isn't stupid.

I agree that no matter what, he is bound to rock the boat, even if he doesn't intend to. What that will look like is anybody's guess.

It's a gamble, and one I'm glad I don't have to take.

We have more then enough stupidity to choose from right here are home.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-25-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Stringy.....

Google up 'communist Red Scare' or Macarthyism....

Today's 'fear group du jour' are the EVIL MOOSLIMs

From 1950 to 1990 it was the pinko red menace commies.....
And the same fear mongering happened then.

Your examples are fairly ignorant... As has been pointed out by others.

And cars kill more people than terrorists......

But that's ok with you I guess.

Sheesh...
Views and opinions like yours are causing the havoc in Europe now. Let's see - 50,000 refugees and only 2-3% are BAD which translates into what?- 1000-1500 terrorists? Give your head a good shake pal! That is over a thousand potentially violent and well trained jihadists who are ready to kill and ready to die for their sick cause. Can you imagine the damage they can inflict?
Your examples with commie Chinese or Vietnamese are not nearly as similar to the radical Islamic threat. Those commies who came over here were leaving their ideology behind and were not driven by religious leaders to destroy their new home.
With the radical Islam, it's totally different. The whole goal of the radical Islam is to terrorize the people, to kill the infidels and to establish the Sharia law that is in direct opposition to our freedoms. And that makes a HUGE difference.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:29 PM

Default you equate bad to terrorist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Views and opinions like yours are causing the havoc in Europe now. Let's see - 50,000 refugees and only 2-3% are BAD which translates into what?- 1000-1500 terrorists? Give your head a good shake pal! That is over a thousand potentially violent and well trained jihadists who are ready to kill and ready to die for their sick cause. Can you imagine the damage they can inflict?
Your examples with commie Chinese or Vietnamese are not nearly as similar to the radical Islamic threat. Those commies who came over here were leaving their ideology behind and were not driven by religious leaders to destroy their new home.
With the radical Islam, it's totally different. The whole goal of the radical Islam is to terrorize the people, to kill the infidels and to establish the Sharia law that is in direct opposition to our freedoms. And that makes a HUGE difference.
First off..... My interpretation (my fault of BAD would be simple crime... or other non terrorist crime)
I'm betting that the amount of 'terrorists' that are dedicated enough to have been planted in a crappy refugee camp for how ever long..... rehearsed some story to ensure they get through whatever screening we've done (yes.... its maybe debatable as to how good our screening process was) and then have to 'pretend as a sleeper cell kindof guy in our communities 'until the appointed time' ....... would be really, really, really, really , really small...... if there were any.

Do you think that Syrian refugee camps, camps of people trying to flee ISIS and the chaos and such..... are rife with dedicated radical Islamic terrorists!? Don't you think other refugees would rat those guys out cause.. ya know...they busted up their country and all... and forced ALOT of people into refugee camps. I know I'd be ****ed and ready to exact revenge on the fundamentalist nutjobs..

The Syrian refugee comparison to the Vietnamese one is quite accurate..... I'm willing to bet if we had the Intwerweb back then.... there'd be some serious fear mongering by You and people with views like yours...... The whole reason the US was fighting in Vietnam was to stop the spread of communism..... with inexorably festered its way into the South Vietnamese population.......... Evil spreading commies. Go ask your grandad what he thinks of commies.... Hell FARLEY MOWAT was banned from crossing the US because they suspected he was a Commie.

I guess we both run into a wall with the 'Can You imagine" part you just mentioned.

You are imagining a couple thousand terrorists.. and its a matter of time before they pounce!!!

I am imagining that we probably won't get any (way too tough for these idiots to coordinate)....... at worst... one or two disenfranchised loonies that can be convinced to fear and hate people they've never met. (google up groupthink) THAT IS AND WILL BE our biggest threat in canada....... lone wolf or small group 'InterNuts' that spend way too much time on moms basement, more than likely born here.... talking to 'their kind' and reinforcing their warped beliefs......

but BOTH of us will find out whos right in time I guess..... For both our sakes I hope its me.

AND.....

We have some of those 'evil sponsored potential jihadists' right here where I live..... I'm going to do MY part to fight terrorism.....

Imma gonna take them fishing. (Think I should check his fly vest for.. ya know .. the OTHER vest they like to pack around..?)

I worry about the level of hatred 'People like YOU' have for 'People like me'. Hating a guy because he has different views from you regarding the world is truly one of the death signs of democracy.

I bet you got a good hate on for me and my smug little fingers.

I bear you no ill will. I never will. Your welcome around my fire anytime. Doubt you'd ever take me up on it.... I might just convert ya!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."

Last edited by bessiedog; 07-25-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Kgb your posts are amazing. Very analytical at all times and never knee jerk. Bravo.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 PM

Hey Bessiedog, I don't hate you at all! I kind of love you.... LOL!! Just kidding! But I do like the way you express your arguments. And thank you for that. Very professional and very polite. As for the love for commies..... I don't like them at all, been living under their rule for over 20 years and have seen enough. I also know the history pretty well, the history of Russia in particular. Communism is utopia and can only exist on a paper. But it breeds a very dangerous creatures.
As you know, history alway repeat itself, you can't argue with that. And if you look at what's happening all over Europe - you can get an idea on what to expect here in Canada.
I'm not against the immigration, immigration is healthy and totally nessesary for Canada. I'm just not agreed with our government on whom to bring over here. Yes refugees were suffering a hardship but there are plenty of other Islamic countries who could've taken them.... But they didn't! Why should we expose ourselves to the potential risk?
We have thousands of people here, in Canada, who are in desperate need of the government help. We have mentally sick people who live on a streets and can use help. We have northern communities who can use better education, water treatment, food banks etc. We have children who go to school hungry... We need to look after ourselves first!
We have a border protection services with a dogs sniffing out food in travellers suitcase! They would not let you bring a stick of Salami in fear of introducing some deseases to our farms but they brought thousands of people here who have open forms of TB, syphilis and other bugs that we haven't seen in a while.
Where is the accountability?
Old 07-26-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Hey Bessiedog, I don't hate you at all! I kind of love you.... LOL!! Just kidding! But I do like the way you express your arguments. And thank you for that. Very professional and very polite. As for the love for commies..... I don't like them at all, been living under their rule for over 20 years and have seen enough. I also know the history pretty well, the history of Russia in particular. Communism is utopia and can only exist on a paper. But it breeds a very dangerous creatures.
As you know, history alway repeat itself, you can't argue with that. And if you look at what's happening all over Europe - you can get an idea on what to expect here in Canada.
I'm not against the immigration, immigration is healthy and totally nessesary for Canada. I'm just not agreed with our government on whom to bring over here. Yes refugees were suffering a hardship but there are plenty of other Islamic countries who could've taken them.... But they didn't! Why should we expose ourselves to the potential risk?
We have thousands of people here, in Canada, who are in desperate need of the government help. We have mentally sick people who live on a streets and can use help. We have northern communities who can use better education, water treatment, food banks etc. We have children who go to school hungry... We need to look after ourselves first!
We have a border protection services with a dogs sniffing out food in travellers suitcase! They would not let you bring a stick of Salami in fear of introducing some deseases to our farms but they brought thousands of people here who have open forms of TB, syphilis and other bugs that we haven't seen in a while.
There is no accountability. North America and Europe have forgotten that immigration is supposed to benefit the host nation, not the immigrant.
If it makes our collective politicians 'look' like they care.......consequences be damned.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Banned

Trump is Canada's wet dream!

The pipeline will happen almost immediately!

He's won't soak Canada on Nafta because companies from the US aren't flocking to Canada, the majority is going to Mexico. He's going to tax the heck out of US companies going to Mexico, not Canada (probably).

Trump will buy huge amounts of other Canada's natural energy!

An increased, better US economy and strengthened dollar will lead to more tourism and boom in real estate and Canadian products.

Canada's economy will boom shortly after the US economy does.

Trump is a win - win for both countries!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Default I got no argument with you there bud!

Quote:
I completely agree with your 'fix our own house' argument.

We ignore mentally ill people.... There's no support.. Only a run around.

Services to help children in need are pathetic and shameful.

Cheers to you.
Sorry for the derail.

My fearless prediction is that Trump will win in Nov IF Canada and the U.S. Experience a series of terrorist attacks in sept and oct.

If this doesn't happen ... Then it'll be up to Clinton to lose.

I'm praying for a moderate, unattached, third party candidate to emerge in Sept.
But I'm not sure that's allowed.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by histyle View Post
There is no accountability. North America and Europe have forgotten that immigration is supposed to benefit the host nation, not the immigrant.
If it makes our collective politicians 'look' like they care.......consequences be damned.
Oh but it's not just about making politicians look good, it's also about buying votes.

Talk to some of those who came here when Truedough number one was in power, they worshiped him. To them it wasn't Canada that welcomed them, it was Truedough. It wasn't Canada that opened her doors or gave them a home, it was Truedough.

They may well be right. For all we know a good number of them may not have qualified under our immigration rules. That seems to be the case with these most recent immigrants.

Just the other day Trudeau reborn admitted that this round of so called refugees did not come from refugee camps. That the were in fact living and working in European countries where they were comfortable and safe.
Their only issue seems to be that they did not have citizenship in those countries.
Yet they were fast tracked into this country to make it appear that this government is big on humanitarian issues.

This is a kill three birds with one stone plan. Make the government look good and buy life long votes and lay claim to something that Harper was doing, all in one move.

Am I against taking in refugees? No.
Am I against taking in Muslims? No.
Am I against taking in foreigners without proper screening? You bet I am!

Yes I am against this wave of so called refugees, not because of who they are or where they come from, but because of the way it is being done and why it is being done.

This does put Canada at risk. Unacceptably high risk. Not because of who these people are or where they come from, but because it leaves huge opportunity for exploitation of the system by people with nefarious intent.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-26-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by histyle View Post
The only time the immigration will benefit the host country is if the immigrant can and will succeed financially. You know how it works, wright? The new comers got accepted into the society, get a job, start buying things, starts paying taxes. The coin is round for the reason - it needs to circulate, to go around. That's how the thing called ECONOMY works.
I was saying before that the best immigrants are the ones who drink vodka(huge tax) smoke cigarettes(also huge tax) and work 20 hours a day. LOL!!!
This country has seen the huge amount of those, remember? Ukranians, for example? They built this province and many others too.
It's all about the assimilation. Bring in people who can assimilate faster and better and we will be rolling in dough! Not the ones who will be a constant burden on our social assistance. Plain and simple.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:27 PM

That is about enough of this one, when it goes from the original post to insulting each other.
Cat